Notifications
Clear all

First Time User Of Accutane Dilemma!

MemberMember
(@booboo528)

Posted : 05/01/2013 6:35 am

AHHHH I'm so excited!!

I bought accutane today and i cant wait to start the treatment. I have spoken to a derm and everything.

I remember the dermatologist telling me to wait 2weeks or so before starting accutane. Its my 6th night and i really just wanna start Tane. Has anyone been on doxycline and come off straight and started using accutane?

Is it possible for me to start tonight?

Thanks,

Ben

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 05/01/2013 10:43 am

Personally, I would not ignore your derm's instructions. I don't know why exactly (you could easily research it though), but you always have to wait 2 weeks before taking Accutane if you've been on any antibiotic in the Tetracycline group. Sorry I can't speak from experience, but your derm will have told you to wait for a reason and I think it would be foolish to not listen to him.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/01/2013 11:05 am

Unfortunately, you've got to listen to your derm on this one and wait.

This is right out of my Accutane brochure from the Pharmacist:

"Do not take tetracyclines with Accutane. For some antibiotics, you may have to stop taking Accutane until the antibiotic treatment is our of your system. Use of tetracyclines with Accutane together can increase the risk of getting increased pressure in the brain. Certain antibiotics also interfere with the effectiveness of birth control pills"

Also I don't imagine your liver would be too happy either trying to process both the drugs.

I would do yourself a solid and just wait it out!

booboo528 liked