Notifications
Clear all

I'm So Tired Of All This; When Will I Get Better?

MemberMember
(@emi-raph)

Posted : 05/01/2013 2:26 am

I'm just tired of never looking my best. I used to have porcelain skin with little to zero pimples raiding it as recently as last February; now my skin has gotten darker and my acne is back. I'm tired of family members and people in school commenting on my flaws, and I'm tired of listening to the voice in my head that keeps telling me that I will never get out of this. It's been two months. How much longer till this stops? I've been on The Regimen for four weeks now; I feel like there's been some improvements but people keep commenting on how much worse my skin has gotten. I'm tired of this emotional turmoil that acne has caused me, and ironically, will cause more acne. I just want it all to end.

I'm just so tired of trying to 'defend' myself. I'm getting sick of saying "I'm actually currently on medication" and "I've been really stressed out these past few weeks" because I know people will still be disgusted; I know because I feel the same way.

I'm tired of looking at my reflection in the mirror and having it break my confidence early in the morning. I hate the feeling of people's eyes shifting to the areas my acne-scarred skin. Every time they do that, my head drops in shame. I'm sorry I'm such a stain to this world.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even want my family to see me anymore. I don't want to go to school. I don't want to be around anybody.

It's been a rough few weeks and people have to aggravate this instability I'm working my head off to try to manage.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/01/2013 6:24 am

Dont feel the need to give people excuses. I really hate when Captains of the Obvious say things like "what happened to your skin?' or "oh look you are breaking out"...I dont go around telling people "gosh, youre fat!" and "holy crap you have so many wrinkles you look like a bloodhound". People who feel the need to say whats in their head need to be told off, even if they are well-intentioned the should keep their comments private and not in the middle of dinner or a grocery store. I always wore my hair down and piled on the make-up, I guess I was lucky because I rarely got comments but I felt as though everybody noticed.

I understand how bad you are feeling, my acne was at its worst last year. I felt like a 'stain" as you said, but thats the wrong way to think of things. Acne is a problem but you cant let it define you as a person .Once you let acne control you its a short step to depression and social isolation, trust me you dont want to go there. Youre doing the regimen thats a start. for most people it says between 2-3 months should be a big improvement. A lesser version of Dan's regimen worked for me for a while, but last year when my acne got crazy I found out I had a hormone imbalance and going on birth control cleard my skin in 4 months. As a person who had acne but now has clear skin, I can say what a relief it is not to have to deal with it. I also dont judge anybody for their problems. People who say rude comments should be called out, just tell them you know about it, youre doing your best to fix it and if they have nothing nice to say, keep their mouth shut. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/01/2013 6:39 am

You don't need to defend yourself because what you do with your skin, wether it works or not, isn't their business at all!!! When people pointed I needed to do something with my face, I would always say something like " Well, I'm using this..." and I would feel ashamed of myself afterwards because all the effort I put now seemed meaningless. It just crushes my whole self esteem, really. I haven't had people pointing my skin out recently, but next time someone does, I'll tell them to go fuck themselves! No, not really, lol, 'cause I'm a nice person.

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 05/01/2013 4:24 pm

It's ridiculous how much people tend to point out acne as opposed to other, glaringly obvious flaws. For example, people who gain weight rapidly never get as many comments as people who have a sudden breakout. I wonder why this is.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/02/2013 8:13 am

i understand.

i'm in the worst phase of my life both professionally and personally.

plus this acne is killing me.

i dont go out.i'm at home for more than a year.

i was once a head of my team in school,a performer of classical arts and also one of the most enthusiastic person anywhere.

all seems long lost story now!

also i'm to go on a trip in 2 days and now i have a brand new problem.i've been waiting for this trip for mnths and taking every step possible but just before the moment i'm left feeling so low.

now i could dismiss the trip given a choice and anyway trips aint fun anymore in my life with all the tension i take.

look at the stupid sudden attack.

could u guys please look into this.

if not a solution but atleast some support would probably do me some good.

i feel so low and stupid abt being so depressed abt my skin.

MemberMember
(@lzomg)

Posted : 05/02/2013 7:53 pm

sometimes you just gotta give up and go to accutane or else risk spending years of your life trying to get clear which can only result in your scars becoming more severe.