Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me With My Skin (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 04/30/2013 9:52 pm

I'm 20 years old and have had skin trouble ever since i started high school. I used to think it was just acne so i tried all the obvious solutions such as proactive, max clarity, clean & clear and pretty much every benzyl peroxide/salycilic acid treatment you can find at your local drugstore and none of them worked for me. Over time i started scarring on my cheeks, and when i looked into treatments, the general consensus is that lazer treatment is the only fix and i can't afford that. I noticed that my face always has a noticeable reddish color on my cheeks mainly so i started to think that i could have rosacea and that i didn't have acne at all. Bascially, i really need help on determining what's wrong with my skin, weather it be rosacea, acne or something else and also what products could help treat my acne scars or at least control them, since it's a big issue with my face (as you can tell in the pictures). I just really want to have clear skin again, so i would REALLY appreciate your opinions/suggestions on how to help me achieve clear skin. Thank you

post-207807-0-13900100-1367376634_thumb.

post-207807-0-12705300-1367376672_thumb.

post-207807-0-39457100-1367376738_thumb.

post-207807-0-72500500-1367376745_thumb.

post-207807-0-13900100-1367376634_thumb.

post-207807-0-12705300-1367376672_thumb.

post-207807-0-39457100-1367376738_thumb.

post-207807-0-72500500-1367376745_thumb.

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:49 am

Lol your face looks really good to me...

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:58 am

Lol your face looks really good to me...

Maybe it's the lighting or i caught my skin on a good day but it's def there haha. I just really want to stop the scarring before it get's any worse and since it's pretty minor, I want to know if there's any natural/topical cures that can get rid of minor scars?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/01/2013 1:59 pm

ur face here is near perfect.

just change ur diet for better and maintain a proper healhy lifestyle,and u'll be good.

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/01/2013 5:12 pm

There's no facial masks or certain products that anyone would recommend to help reduce the minor scarring and redness?

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 05/01/2013 7:26 pm

There's no facial masks or certain products that anyone would recommend to help reduce the minor scarring and redness?

Make sure you research a lot before doing anything (there could be side effects!), but the at-home solutions that come to mind for minor scar treatment:

1. Copper peptides

2. Dermarolling

3. Retin-A

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:38 am

use a low% bha or aha wash.

but make sure it doesnt dry u.

moisturise only when needed.that depends on what region u;re from.

supplementation if needed.

diet.diet.diet.

omit dairy.lessen sugar/oily food.cut off soda and candy.

indulge less.

have more veggies,fruits,water,eggs and healthy protein.

have warm lemon water 1st thing in the morning.

take care of ur ugar level.avoid insulin spike(it causes acne).

have cinnamon for that.

have green tea.

do light exercise or walk atleast for 40,mins to 1 hr.

stay active in general.

u r likely to see results in 2 mnths.

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/03/2013 4:39 pm

diet.diet.diet.

indulge less.

have cinnamon for that.

have green tea.

stay active in general.

Thanks for the advice. I do excerise twice a week, which includes jogging and working out and i drink water every day. I do however, drink a lot of soda and fast food. For the bha and aha washes, is there any specific? I'm using a product called m2 right now that contains aha. Here's a link to the product: http://www.m2skincare.com/m2-hp-skin-refinish.html

Out of curiosity, Is there any research to support that soda and oily food attributes to breakouts/scarring?

Make sure you research a lot before doing anything (there could be side effects!), but the at-home solutions that come to mind for minor scar treatment:

1. Copper peptides

2. Dermarolling

3. Retin-A

I took your advice and bought a dermaroller today because it was only $10. Is the dermaroller the quickest and most effective of the three you mentioned?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/04/2013 2:17 am

i use saslic(as prscribed by my derma).

its got 1% salicylic acid.

i'm very happy with it.

it makes ur skin clean,unclogs pores and also keeps u comparetively dry for some time.also its got an alkaline ph of 5.5

just never over-do the % of aha or bha.

many people use those but they can dry u out or cause some kind of negative effect.

as for soda and oily food.

my derma had asked me to avoid oily food.but sadly nothing about sugary stuff or soda.

but i promise u they all matter.

u will be able to see a good difference in about 2 mnths or so.u'll get less oily.

also,u'll heal faster.

when ur body does all the heavy work of working the junk u have it gets exhausted.works less on healing.

simple and same logic behind 'sleep helping healing' or 'detoxifying'.

please go through the diet and holistic living forum.or use the search bar to check posts on soda,sugar,oily food,junk food..u'll get a fair idea.

u dont have to imbibe every piece of info there and follow.

like many say gluten effects and its true ..gluten is a culprit in many cases but i doesnt effect me.

so i dnt need to quit it.

similarly some are effected by night shade family members.others by carb or citrus!

what a trying to say is..figure out a balanced diet for urself.**BALANCED**

u dont have to do the extremed just have healthy food in right amount.and avoid stuff u're intolerant to.

also,as for working out.

do u do weight training?

2-3 days a week is okay.but what most "experts" stress here is to stay active everyday.

a walk on tuesday wont maintain ur blodd flow on friday.will it?

get the logic?

also,if u're trying home solutions for anything.please be careful.

i'm saying this because i've tried them and i have no idea.if u have assistance u can always go ahead but just be careful.

good luck with it.

do u take any supplementation?

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 05/04/2013 2:26 pm

i'm very happy with it.

it makes ur skin clean,unclogs pores and also keeps u comparetively dry for some time.also its got an alkaline ph of 5.5

many people use those but they can dry u out or cause some kind of negative effect.

my derma had asked me to avoid oily food.but sadly nothing about sugary stuff or soda.

u will be able to see a good difference in about 2 mnths or so.u'll get less oily.

also,u'll heal faster.

when ur body does all the heavy work of working the junk u have it gets exhausted.works less on healing.

please go through the diet and holistic living forum.or use the search bar to check posts on soda,sugar,oily food,junk food..u'll get a fair idea.

like many say gluten effects and its true ..gluten is a culprit in many cases but i doesnt effect me.

similarly some are effected by night shade family members.others by carb or citrus!

u dont have to do the extremed just have healthy food in right amount.and avoid stuff u're intolerant to.

also,as for working out.

do u do weight training?

2-3 days a week is okay.but what most "experts" stress here is to stay active everyday.

get the logic?

i'm saying this because i've tried them and i have no idea.if u have assistance u can always go ahead but just be careful.

good luck with it.

And then there are people like me who think that's BS. Sorry. Just because you cut out junk food and start working out doesn't mean SCARS will go away (at least not to a satisfactory degree). Not that it's a bad idea for your overall health..

What *does* help with scarring is time. Look here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327283-acne-scars-will-improve-on-their-own/

And lots of other people have had their scars soften with time.

diet.diet.diet.

indulge less.

have cinnamon for that.

have green tea.

stay active in general.

Thanks for the advice. I do excerise twice a week, which includes jogging and working out and i drink water every day. I do however, drink a lot of soda and fast food. For the bha and aha washes, is there any specific? I'm using a product called m2 right now that contains aha. Here's a link to the product: http://www.m2skincare.com/m2-hp-skin-refinish.html

Out of curiosity, Is there any research to support that soda and oily food attributes to breakouts/scarring?

I would suggest reading this:

http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

Lots of people have had success with dermarolling, but make sure you research it a lot (how to do it properly, what size needles to use, how long of downtime between needling, etc.). I don't think anything at-home will make scars fade super fast, but they can definitely improve them quite a bit over time. You can read some reviews of each of those 3 here, here, and here. Another thing to look into would be peels (salicylic acid, Glycolic acid, TCA cross). Again, make sure you research a lot before doing any of these - it could ruin your skin if you aren't careful.

If I were in your position, I would clear up any active acne before doing anything for scarring - and then wait 6 months to see how well your skin heals up your scars on its own. This probably doesn't help much, but your skin actually looks really good and your scarring is very mild. You could look into the Retin-A for active acne and scarring. It takes about 3 months to see results and can cause a bad initial breakout, but a lot of people swear by it when used properly. In the long-term, it thins the top of the epidermis and plumps up the dermis by stimulating collagen production, which will help heal scars. It's an anti-aging product too. Unfortunately, it does require a prescription (although some people buy it online - usually from India). Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/05/2013 1:47 am

Thanks for the feedback. The reason i'm looking to treat my scarring rather than my active acne is because i'm still unsure whether it's actually acne or rosacea, but i do know for sure that i have some visible scarring which i want to treat while they're still minor. I am visiting the dermatologist next week though, so i'll get a professional opinion. I do feel that a dermaroller would be a "safest" and most natural method right now because it doesn't require putting any chemicals or acids on the face. I feel like trying chemical peels or something like Retin-A may be overboard at this stage and could worsen my condition. What do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/05/2013 3:54 am

i'm very happy with it.

also,u'll heal faster.

also,as for working out.

do u do weight training?

get the logic?

good luck with it.

And then there are people like me who think that's BS. Sorry. Just because you cut out junk food and start working out doesn't mean SCARS will go away (at least not to a satisfactory degree). Not that it's a bad idea for your overall health..

What *does* help with scarring is time. Look here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327283-acne-scars-will-improve-on-their-own/

And lots of other people have had their scars soften with time.

>>

diet.diet.diet.

indulge less.

have cinnamon for that.

have green tea.

stay active in general.

I would suggest reading this:

http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

Lots of people have had success with dermarolling, but make sure you research it a lot (how to do it properly, what size needles to use, how long of downtime between needling, etc.). I don't think anything at-home will make scars fade super fast, but they can definitely improve them quite a bit over time. You can read some reviews of each of those 3 here, here, and here. Another thing to look into would be peels (salicylic acid, Glycolic acid, TCA cross). Again, make sure you research a lot before doing any of these - it could ruin your skin if you aren't careful.

If I were in your position, I would clear up any active acne before doing anything for scarring - and then wait 6 months to see how well your skin heals up your scars on its own. This probably doesn't help much, but your skin actually looks really good and your scarring is very mild. You could look into the Retin-A for active acne and scarring. It takes about 3 months to see results and can cause a bad initial breakout, but a lot of people swear by it when used properly. In the long-term, it thins the top of the epidermis and plumps up the dermis by stimulating collagen production, which will help heal scars. It's an anti-aging product too. Unfortunately, it does require a prescription (although some people buy it online - usually from India). Best of luck to you!

i'm not crazy to state that healthy food or exercise helps treating scars!

i'm trying to tell him things/habits that help prevent or lessen chances of acne/zits etc.

which is what he's concerned about.

"help me achieve clear skin" - am addressing this part!precisely!

as for scars,the best way to safely treat scars is medical methods under a derma.but like op mentioned earlier trying anything that doesnt need teasing of skin or chemical seems safe and sound!

not taking chances is the best way!

he's a 20 year old boy.so all i did is ask him to be careful.

what he follows or does nt is his choice!

MemberMember
(@2001)

Posted : 05/06/2013 5:17 am

I always shower before working out, and obviously after. Your pores will open up and bacteria can get into them. So it seems wiser to me to clean up right before doing any exercise.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/06/2013 8:16 am

I always shower before working out, and obviously after. Your pores will open up and bacteria can get into them. So it seems wiser to me to clean up right before doing any exercise.

u mean exercising will open pores and the sweaty bacteria will enter the pores?

never really though about it.

could u pls elaborate.

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 05/11/2013 4:45 pm

What specific bha or aha washes would you recommend?

I'm using this product right now that has aha in it i think:

http://www.m2skincare.com/m2-hp-skin-refinish.html

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:33 pm

if u r to use on regular basis..go for some wash with not more that 1% bha(salicylic acid) in it.