Need Help With Mois...

Notifications
Clear all

Need Help With Moisturizers...

MemberMember
(@2trill2trill)

Posted : 04/30/2013 7:26 pm

Okay guys so im having so much difficulties with moisturizers.... I dont know which ones to go with... It seems like every moisturizer with an spf 15 leaves residue all over the place and it doesnt sink in or absorb well with dans BP i have tried olay complete spf 15 sensitive skin and it doesnt moisturize very good i always add the 5-6 drops of jojoba oil and it still doesnt do its job... so i quit using that moisturizer now im currently using L'oreals active daily moisture spf 15 and it moisturizes better then olay but it still seems to leave this sort of residue.... Should i just not use a moisturzer with spf ? what is the deal... i heard dan was coming out with a moisturizer with spf soon and it seems great but ... when i first started the regimen a few weeks ago i started out with dans cleanser and bp but no his moisturizer because it had so many negative reviews so i was hesitant ... What i was using was neutrogenas sensitive skin moisturizer...... GUYS POINT BLANK IS I NEED HELP WITH DECIDING WITH A MOISTURIZER SHOULD I START USING DANS MOISTURIZER??? WHAT ARE THE BEST AND I MEAN GOOD MOISTURIZERS WITH OR WITHOUT SPF THAT * DO NOT CLOG PORES I DONT WANT ANYTHING BREAKING ME OUT ....

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/30/2013 7:57 pm

To be honest I don't like using moisturizer with SPF. It just leaves my skin with a weird heavy feeling. So what I do is take my favorite day moisturizer which is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and mix in an SPF. Just a drop or two and then mix that with a few drops of jojoba oil. I don't know if that dilutes the SPF but it hasn't given me any darkening problems.

MemberMember
(@2trill2trill)

Posted : 04/30/2013 8:08 pm

To be honest I don't like using moisturizer with SPF. It just leaves my skin with a weird heavy feeling. So what I do is take my favorite day moisturizer which is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and mix in an SPF. Just a drop or two and then mix that with a few drops of jojoba oil. I don't know if that dilutes the SPF but it hasn't given me any darkening problems.

that sounds like a good idea but i mean does it really matter if i wear spf i prefer not to because im hardly in the sun lol like seriously when i excercise or do my workouts its in a gym or at night when its sunset

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/30/2013 9:08 pm

that sounds like a good idea but i mean does it really matter if i wear spf i prefer not to because im hardly in the sun lol like seriously when i excercise or do my workouts its in a gym or at night when its sunset

Actually, I used to ask that myself. But yes even if you are out in the sun for like 30 seconds a day, it really does accumulate. So even a little SPF is good. Find a sunscreen that isn't to heavy. At least an SPF 15 so it isn't to heavy.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/30/2013 11:49 pm

Nah, I disagree with nicmic (that's a first!) about wearing SPF every day. I live in Perth Australia which is hot and pretty much sunny 90% of the year. If I'm not going out in the sun (apart from incidental exposure like walking to the car etc) I don't wear SPF. If I am going to be out in the sun more than 20 mins I put on SPF.

In the morning I apply Dan's moisturiser and then if I'm going out in the sun, I apply a layer of Olay Complete Spf 15 (the same one as you use) over the top. But I don't use it as a moisturiser, I use it like a sunblock and apply over my moisturiser. Its worked pretty well the past 2 years, and I've not got sunburnt once (actually thats a lie, I got sunburnt on my nose this summer but thats because I forgot to reapply the Olay cream every couple of hours).

As for the type of moisturiser you end up using, everyone is different and has different preferences depending on their skin type. I like the thickness and greasiness of Cetaphil but if I wear it every day it clogs my pores. Dan's moisturiser is the one that keeps me the clearest but I often don't find it moisturising enough. Such a dilemma.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/01/2013 7:16 am

Hahaha! I guess not everyone will always see eye to eye eh?

I live in the Philippines and when it is hot, it is really hot. Being under the sun for a 5 minute walk for me really takes a toll on my skin because the heat is painful. And the humidity just makes it worse. I guess the only time I would really go without sunscreen is when I know its gonna be raining the whole day.