Notifications
Clear all

Very Frustrated

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 04/30/2013 4:18 am

Ok so I've been using the acne.org regimen since July 2011 and it has worked really well, pretty much getting rid of 95% of my acne. The last 6 months or more my acne has been getting worse and worse like the BP isn't working. Most of the acne I get is below my lips, which are almost always whiteheads, and then obove my lips and around my nose a little less. It's getting really frustrating to have all these whiteheads below my lips and even on my lip right now that hurt like hell and make me feel disgusting. I even changed toothpaste 2 months ago thinking that may help by eliminating sls, but no help from that either.

I decided to use Saw Palmetto on Friday. I've been taking two 160mg pills a day and so far it has done nothing. In fact I feel it may be worse so far. I hope this gets better.

MemberMember
(@xc60)

Posted : 04/30/2013 4:30 am

I've tried SP without any results, maybe try MSM instead.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/30/2013 6:29 am

hi,

It takes any type of supplement/oral treatment a few months before you notice results. I took yaz birth control, it took 4 months to work but once it worked my skin was clear. I also take a supplement called Hairomega 3-in-1, its formulated for hair loss but its basically an anti-DHT supplement it works well for acne too. Shen Min has an anti_DHt suplement at the Vitamin Shoppe .

Maybe you could also try spearmint? Its proven to reduce oil production, you can drink two cups of tea per day or, if youre lazy like me, pop a supplement.

Ok so I've been using the acne.org regimen since July 2011 and it has worked really well, pretty much getting rid of 95% of my acne. The last 6 months or more my acne has been getting worse and worse like the BP isn't working. Most of the acne I get is below my lips, which are almost always whiteheads, and then obove my lips and around my nose a little less. It's getting really frustrating to have all these whiteheads below my lips and even on my lip right now that hurt like hell and make me feel disgusting. I even changed toothpaste 2 months ago thinking that may help by eliminating salycic acid, but no help from that either.

I decided to use Saw Palmetto on Friday. I've been taking two 160mg pills a day and so far it has done nothing. In fact I feel it may be worse so far. I hope this gets better.

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 04/30/2013 10:46 am

Something else may be going on right now with your skin that is different than acne...especially in the way it is only happening around your mouth. I'd recommend you see a dermatologist for this because acne products may be too irritating and make it worse.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 04/30/2013 6:24 pm

Well I've been thinking about this for a bit. I had pretty bad acne on my neck which is still clear with the regimen. The only difference between how I apply it on my neck and around my mouth is I don't use moisturizer on my neck, forehead, or cheeks anymore. At first dryness was a huge issue and I needed loads of moisturizer and even some jojoba oil as I would be extremely dried out. I haven't had dryness issues on my neck in a long time like it got used to the BP.

Now for around my mouth I switched from the Dan's moisturizer to AHA to try to help with the whiteheads about 1 month ago but I haven't seen a difference with that. Maybe I shouldn't use any moisturizer as it is may be clogging my pores.

Another thing is I have bacne as well which I never worried too much about as it's hidden so I probably have pretty bad hormonal acne. I'll keep trying this Saw Palmetto and give it a while longer and then try some other suggestions as I don't want to change more than one thing. I was reading about taking loads of B5 as well and haven't ever tried that.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:29 pm

Well I'm using Jojoba oil now instead of the acne.org moisturizer or aha and my skin is doing much better so far. I also stopped taking the Saw Palmetto.

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/03/2013 9:33 am

Are you using any kind of lip balm? I know some men who use chapstick before bed and they got acne break outs around the mouth because it smudges when they sleep.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/03/2013 2:11 pm

No I'm not.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/03/2013 2:27 pm

AHA can cause a breakout, especially if you're using both bp and aha together it can over-exfoliate the skin, causing irritation = acne.

Well I've been thinking about this for a bit. I had pretty bad acne on my neck which is still clear with the regimen. The only difference between how I apply it on my neck and around my mouth is I don't use moisturizer on my neck, forehead, or cheeks anymore. At first dryness was a huge issue and I needed loads of moisturizer and even some jojoba oil as I would be extremely dried out. I haven't had dryness issues on my neck in a long time like it got used to the BP.

Now for around my mouth I switched from the Dan's moisturizer to AHA to try to help with the whiteheads about 1 month ago but I haven't seen a difference with that. Maybe I shouldn't use any moisturizer as it is may be clogging my pores.

Another thing is I have bacne as well which I never worried too much about as it's hidden so I probably have pretty bad hormonal acne. I'll keep trying this Saw Palmetto and give it a while longer and then try some other suggestions as I don't want to change more than one thing. I was reading about taking loads of B5 as well and haven't ever tried that.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/08/2013 11:02 am

I thought I would give a bit of an update. There seems to be about no difference to my face now with jojoba oil. All the excitement that it was working for nothing.