Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
john777

Tns Recovery Serum To Assist Scar Healing- Any Experiences?

I was wondering if anybody on the forum has had experiences with the TNS Recovery serum by SkinMedica to assist in scar healing? I saw there were some old posts about 6 years ago, but even then not too much was mentioned. This product is quite different than anything else people talk about when using dermarolling. TNS Recovery is a cultured media of human fibroblast from foreskins. Initially, it sounded pretty gross but it is advertized to have over 100 human "growth factors" for skin development. It is primarily sold to help skin wrinkles, and is not cheap! It was supposedly developed to assist in burn healings quite a few years back. I am somewhat conflicted in using a product like this. And though reviews highlight many people that have had great success with wrinkles, I have seen nothing about helping with scars.

In my case I was looking for a dermatologist that does dermarolling in NW Ohio to get some relief from old acne rolling-type scars. Since I didn't really want to do laser stuff I was recommended to the skin clinic area where they offer dermarolling with a 1mm roller. As I am "upward" in years (older than Mr Matt) I didn't really want to do this myself and was happy to find a dermatology clinic that offered the service. TNS recovery is what the aesthetician recommended to use daily, along with retin-a and a C&E Serum, as well as sunscreen and moisturizer.

I am looking to find out if anybody else has used TNS recovery or had any experiences with this 'rather pricey' product.