Notifications
Clear all

Stopping Spiro To Get Pregnant.

MemberMember
(@bjasper)

Posted : 04/29/2013 10:28 pm

I am 25 and a longtime acne sufferer. The only thing that ever worked for me was the combination of Spiro (200mg per day) and birth control pills. My husband and I are tossing around the idea of trying to get pregnant. Obviously spiro and BCP would need to be stopped. I am very worried about what this experience will be like. Will my acne/greasy skin come back? Will it come back even worse? Has anybody experienced something similar?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/29/2013 10:33 pm

As far as I know if your acne is hormonal, it will likely get better during pregnancy. Birth control pills mimic pregnancy to trick your body into thinking you're already pregnant. The real thing will probably be about the same as being on birth control, if not more potent.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:03 pm

^ I agree. My skin was pretty good when I was pregnant, it took me a while to find the right birth control though. I couldnt take spiro at all it made me really weak and extremely low blood pressure.

Hopefully you get pregnant right away before your pill effects wear off, good luck!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/30/2013 10:51 am

My skin was the worst it's ever been during the first trimester and the clearest it's ever been during the third. It's very unpredictable - you will have huge hormonal swings. I think you just have to brace for the possibility and do what you can topically (which isn't much) to control it.

MemberMember
(@bjasper)

Posted : 04/30/2013 6:21 pm

Guess its just a risk I'll have to take, and hope for the best. I'm assuming you cannot be on spiro if you're breastfeeding, either. Ah, this makes me anxious!