Notifications
Clear all

Acne On Cheeks That Won't Go Away

MemberMember
(@lnavery)

Posted : 04/28/2013 2:45 pm

Hey, guys. I have some acne on my cheeks that won't go away. I've tried a LOT of stuff to get rid of it but nothing has worked. I don't really want to go to a dermatologist because it's not a huge problem, but it is becoming a bit of a nuisance. I tend to break out in the same exact places and then they settle down and then start becoming inflammed again. I'm not sure how to treat it. The acne doesn't stick out of the skin or anything, it's all underneath. I can feel something hard under the skin and it doesn't hurt, but appears red on the skin's surface.

I've attached a couple pictures of both sides of my face to see if you guys know what kind of acne this is and/or how it can be treated. I've never really had cheek acne before so this is something new for me. Thanks!

post-172881-0-54536600-1367178251_thumb.

post-172881-0-00993500-1367178315_thumb.

MemberMember
(@lnavery)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:59 pm

Anyone? :(

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/29/2013 5:15 am

details about

ur diet?

ur lifestyle?

ur stress level?

ur sleeping routine?

ur skincare routine?

do u think its hormonal?

MemberMember
(@lnavery)

Posted : 04/29/2013 10:36 am

details about

ur diet?

ur lifestyle?

ur stress level?

ur sleeping routine?

ur skincare routine?

do u think its hormonal?

My diet is very healthy (I'm a dietetics major), but I've been eating a lot of sweets recently due to stress. This has only been recently however. I've had some of this acne for 2 years and it hasn't gone away. I'm a college student, about to graduate. I've been pretty stressed this past year, it's true. I thought I developed perioral dermatitis last semester because I broke out EVERYWHERE around my mouth. I'm pretty sure it was due to stress though because I had just broken up with my boyfriend of 3 years and was in the graduatoin application process as well. It calmed down in November and I was able to get rid of most of it besides a few hyperpigmentation marks, but some of the flat acne remained. I can feel little bumps UNDER my skin where the red dots are, and they just won't go away. I've had the ones on my cheek though for about 2 years however....

My current skincare routine is washing with Burt's Bee's deep cream cleanser, using Dickinson's witch hazel toner, and moisturizing with either coconut oil or Cerva moisturizing cream. I haven't had any huge new breakouts with this regime. I just don't know what I can do about the flat acne as pictured.

I never had acne before college so I'm a bit at a loss for what to do. A few years ago, I also had problems with Bare Minerals makeup as it clogged my pores and caused me develop mild, painless cystic acne on my cheeks. Now I'm left with what's pictured above and can't figure out how to get rid of the flat acne.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:13 am

u could have bacterial or fungal folliculitis.

i'd suggest u act against both.

cut off dairy(if u have nt done that yet).

also dnt have things like soda,too oily/spicy food.u can of course indulge but limit it.

follow simple tips like having warm lemon water in the morning and take care of ur vitamin level througj supplementation if needed.

zinc helps.vit b helps.

since i guess ur sugar level is good so i'm not suggesting cinnamon.

green tea is detoxifying for ur body and skin.

as for ur skincare routine..if u r sure its doing u good.u can stick to it,

but bha wash like a low% SA face wash helps.

try to do things like meditation to relax.

sleep well.7-8 hrs minimum.

exercise/dance/do yoga etc.

they do help.

MemberMember
(@lnavery)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:36 am

u could have bacterial or fungal folliculitis.

i'd suggest u act against both.

cut off dairy(if u have nt done that yet).

also dnt have things like soda,too oily/spicy food.u can of course indulge but limit it.

follow simple tips like having warm lemon water in the morning and take care of ur vitamin level througj supplementation if needed.

zinc helps.vit b helps.

since i guess ur sugar level is good so i'm not suggesting cinnamon.

green tea is detoxifying for ur body and skin.

as for ur skincare routine..if u r sure its doing u good.u can stick to it,

but bha wash like a low% SA face wash helps.

try to do things like meditation to relax.

sleep well.7-8 hrs minimum.

exercise/dance/do yoga etc.

they do help.

Thanks so much for the response! I've been trying to relax more recently, and I think that's helping. I already work out quite a bit, so that's good. I'll try to cut out dairy for a little to see if that helps. I don't eat much dairy except for greek yogurt. I'll look into the other things you mentioned, thanks.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/29/2013 12:35 pm

u're welcome.

if u make change and try maintaining that for atleast a mnth and see no result then u can move on to other options.

see if an bha wash would help.

take care.