Notifications
Clear all

Back Acne, Small And Large Red Lumps ! Help...

MemberMember
(@nufc30)

Posted : 04/28/2013 6:15 am

I battled acne on my face for a few years but i now have my skin under control however acne has now hit all over my back ! They are small and large red lumps across my back with the larger red lumps being on my shoulders. I have been taking tetraysal for the last 8 weeks with no affect what so ever. I used these antibiotics when i had face acne.

Thing is i dont know what to do, i eat healthy with a balanced fresh diet and drink loads of water. I have tried other treatments such as head and shoulders vinegar etc with no affect.

At the moment i am washing my back with a sensitive soap bar.

Should i try BP and vitamens ? I will be working away in just under a months time and will be embarrassed to take my shirt off like this :(

Any help will be great, thank you x

MemberMember
(@katiejanezeebra)

Posted : 05/29/2013 6:11 pm

I have been on basically every antibiotic that is going for the treatment of bacne. None worked. What my GP and Dermatologist failed to tell me was that antibiotics do not help to cure acne or even prevent it. Their task is simply to reduce the redness and inflammation that occurs. Mine was mild to moderate and I noticed absolutely no change with antibiotics or any tablet treatment. This wasn't through lack of trying or not finishing my course, we are talking five different antibiotics over 4 years. I felt it was hopeless, but hope is not lost! Topical treatments are the way forward. Retin A wasn't good for my skin as I had an allergic reaction but I've heard great things about it (but coming up to summer with lots of sun it might not be a good option) and I am currently on epiduo benzyl peroxide which is working wonders. My skin is virtually clear of spots and I am just waiting for my skin to heal. I would be happy to answer any further questions you have on other treatments as believe me I have tried everything! Natural remedies, light therapies... everything...

MemberMember
(@lolaholic)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:42 pm

Use head and shoulders dandruff shampoo as a body wash. My back acne is a lot clearer because most body acne is a fungal issue, and the zinc in the shampoo is antifungal.

I would also get Selsun Blue, another shampoo, so that the back acne doesn't become resistant to just the zinc.

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 05/31/2013 5:00 am

For my chest & back acne, I tried using Dan's AHA+ It worked great on my back. I now only get the odd pimple every now & again. For some reason it didn't work for my chest though. I managed to get that clear with BP.

For washing my body, I use Neutrogena Body Clear body wash.

Have you tried this:-

http://www.acne.org/regimen-back.html

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/18/2013 8:10 pm

I used to use the OTC "body acne" washes like Neutrogena and St. Ive's which use salicylic acid. They didn't help at all and just dried out my skin and smelled horrible. I finally discovered a natural body wash at Trader Joe's called Tea Tree Tingle. It's all natural and is only $4. This has completely healed my body acne, does not dry out my skin, and feels and smells great. Its main ingredient, as it sounds, is tea tree oil, which haspowerful antibacterial properties and is known for being an effective acne treatment. It also has good anti-inflammatory oils like rosemary, eucalyptus, and peppermint. You may be able to order it online if you don't have a local Trader Joe's, or find other non-drying products with tea tree oil.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/26/2013 12:35 am

did u cure ur acne?

MemberMember
(@jayhaux)

Posted : 09/11/2014 12:57 am

I have been on basically every antibiotic that is going for the treatment of bacne. None worked. What my GP and Dermatologist failed to tell me was that antibiotics do not help to cure acne or even prevent it. Their task is simply to reduce the redness and inflammation that occurs. Mine was mild to moderate and I noticed absolutely no change with antibiotics or any tablet treatment. This wasn't through lack of trying or not finishing my course, we are talking five different antibiotics over 4 years. I felt it was hopeless, but hope is not lost! Topical treatments are the way forward. Retin A wasn't good for my skin as I had an allergic reaction but I've heard great things about it (but coming up to summer with lots of sun it might not be a good option) and I am currently on epiduo benzyl peroxide which is working wonders. My skin is virtually clear of spots and I am just waiting for my skin to heal. I would be happy to answer any further questions you have on other treatments as believe me I have tried everything! Natural remedies, light therapies... everything...

katiejanezeebra My preteen daughter has been using Epiduo on her chest and back for about 6 weeks. It keeps getting worse and is painful. I'm wondering how long you had to use it to get results.

MemberMember
(@celtictrader)

Posted : 09/12/2014 9:08 pm

Try salycilic acid 10% peelings, 3x per week, and the Diet of Fire and Air Elements.