Notifications
Clear all

Swollen Eyelids & Red Cheeks

MemberMember
(@full39)

Posted : 04/27/2013 9:29 pm

Im currently mid way through my second month of Accutane 60mg. I noticed my cheeks have become a shade of constant red but even more worryingly my eyelids have just swelled out of nowhere and constantly tear up..

Has anyone else had any of these problems? Are they normal? Can they be permanent?

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:51 am

These are all typical problems with accutane. Yes they can become permanant as can many other even worse problems. Youre early in the course, you could potentially develop more problems even a few years after youre done with the course. Accutane is no health tonic.

Id not advise anyone to be on accutane, I took 10 mg for a month and had horrible side effects and suicidal thoughts. There are better ways to clear your acne without jeopardising your health. If I were you Id go off it right away and try other methods, I cleared my acne after 20 years with birth control and anti-DHT supplements.

Im currently mid way through my second month of Accutane 60mg. I noticed my cheeks have become a shade of constant red but even more worryingly my eyelids have just swelled out of nowhere and constantly tear up..

Has anyone else had any of these problems? Are they normal? Can they be permanent?

MemberMember
(@full39)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:50 pm

I appreciate your reply but you seem totally against accutane and carry an extremely biased opinion.

What problems have you experienced post accutane?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 04/28/2013 10:46 pm

You are saying you have swollen eyelids which is NOT normal! Redness in the Cheeks...Well that could be the begining of Accutane induced Rosacea my friend. There is acutally a pinned thread in the Rosacea fourm. You could be having a reaction it could be anything!

We are NOT Physicans and Accutane is a serious drug you should call your physican or derm immediatly!

I guess I should add to that Accutane can alter sugar levels and cause Diabetes, so High Sugar levels can cause redness in the cheeks and red and swollen eyes or eyelids, at least it did in me! Accutane killed my pancreaswacko.png

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/28/2013 10:50 pm

Always call your physician if you're experiencing any extreme reactions to medication.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/29/2013 3:36 am

You say biased opinion but I would call it an 'educated opinion'.

You can chose not to listen but you will pay for it later, be assured you do not get off scot free from this drug.

oli girl liked
MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/29/2013 6:29 pm

Biased isnt the right word, I have taken it and had a very bad experience. I had the red eyes and nosebleeds, pieces of my lips falling off in chunks, extreme fatigue and an emotional feeling of detatchment. I looked like a zombie, I lost 15 lbs in a month. I tried to kill myself after 1 month on accutane. I didnt get better until 3-4 months off of it, I had to take antidepressants, tranquilizers and see a therapist. I am still extremely sensitive to the sun, developed rosacea, have dry eyes and have to take meds. Naturally I think this drug is bad, because it is. They dont make you sign all those papers for no reason. Accutane was meant to be a chemotherepy drug, did you know that? If you read just a bit of the post "tepairing long-term damage from accutane" you will see a plethora of health problems caused by this drug. We may sound crazy when we say this drug is horrible, but believe me, a LOT of people have taken this drug and had bad effects 2, 3, 5 years later. My husband took it as a teen and now has arthritis, digestive problems, drye eye and depressive tendancies.he told me I shouldnt take it but I didnt listen because I thought having clear skin was the end-all be all. I took it for one month at the lowest dosage and attempted suicide. That is not the worst by far, young people are losing hair, losing testosterone, have all over malaise, depression, food allergies, joint problems, etc etc etc.

Im not telling you this to scare you, I hope nobody else goes through what I did. The longer you take it the higher the dose, the worse off you may be. The sad part is, a lot of people have their acne return anyway only accompanied by the health problems. Is 2 or 3 years of clear skin really worth the risk?

I

They dont make you sign all those papers for no reason.

I

Of course I

I am still sensit

I appreciate your reply but you seem totally against accutane and carry an extremely biased opinion.

What problems have you experienced post accutane?

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:52 pm

it can do a lot more than that...trust me.

You are saying you have swollen eyelids which is NOT normal! Redness in the Cheeks...Well that could be the begining of Accutane induced Rosacea my friend. There is acutally a pinned thread in the Rosacea fourm. You could be having a reaction it could be anything!

We are NOT Physicans and Accutane is a serious drug you should call your physican or derm immediatly!

I guess I should add to that Accutane can alter sugar levels and cause Diabetes, so High Sugar levels can cause redness in the cheeks and red and swollen eyes or eyelids, at least it did in me! Accutane killed my pancreaswacko.png

MemberMember
(@full39)

Posted : 04/30/2013 8:27 am

Thanks for the replies and Im sorry to hear you had such bad experiences!

I spoke to my derm and he believes the problem is dehydration which is probably true because I have not been drinking much water and my skin is very very dry. Its only been two days but since I began moisturising more and drinking more water the problems have subsided.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/08/2013 1:07 pm

just make sure you stop if you feel something is not right. I ignored my symptoms, which was a bad idea.

Thanks for the replies and Im sorry to hear you had such bad experiences!

I spoke to my derm and he believes the problem is dehydration which is probably true because I have not been drinking much water and my skin is very very dry. Its only been two days but since I began moisturising more and drinking more water the problems have subsided.