Notifications
Clear all

Is Jessner Peel Worth It?

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 04/27/2013 3:20 pm

Hello,

I have acne on my chin and disgusting discoloured acne scars (UGHHHH). My friend recommended Jessner peel. Has anyone tried it? Was it good? I am going on a date in two weeks... so I wanna look good :S... UGHHHH, the guy is so HOT and with my face conditions, I feel even more insecure huh.png .

Thank you!

XO!!!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 04/28/2013 9:21 pm

Yes jessner peels are great! I've done several myself at home. You'll need about a week recovery time and you need to avoid sun. They totally zap out stubborn cystic acne within a couple days. Your skin will be very dry and flakey for one week.

I bought mine from www.makeupartistchoice.com

The peel is very easy to do at home and the pain is very minimal. Just make sure you do a patch test first and do not use the jessner peel if you're allergic to aspirin.

I would apply three layers of the peel and let it neutralize on its own. The jessner peel neutralizes itself after four hours. The instructions say to neutralize after 5 mins or something like that. That didn't work well for me so I left it on for 4 hrs until it self neutralized.

You can always have the peel done by a professional if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself. Seriously though it doesn't take a rocket scientist to apply a jessner peel and is more cost effective to do it at home.

Of course it's all up to you :) hope you found this helpful

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:30 pm

Yes jessner peels are great! I've done several myself at home. You'll need about a week recovery time and you need to avoid sun. They totally zap out stubborn cystic acne within a couple days. Your skin will be very dry and flakey for one week.

The peel is very easy to do at home and the pain is very minimal. Just make sure you do a patch test first and do not use the jessner peel if you're allergic to aspirin.

I would apply three layers of the peel and let it neutralize on its own. The jessner peel neutralizes itself after four hours. The instructions say to neutralize after 5 mins or something like that. That didn't work well for me so I left it on for 4 hrs until it self neutralized.

You can always have the peel done by a professional if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself. Seriously though it doesn't take a rocket scientist to apply a jessner peel and is more cost effective to do it at home.

Of course it's all up to you smile.png hope you found this helpful

Lady, thank you SO MUCH for this concise info! I am buying it right now through that website! I will just do it myself! :) XOXO!!!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:44 pm

Lady, thank you SO MUCH for this concise info! I am buying it right now through that website! I will just do it myself! :) XOXO!!!

You're welcome :)

Remember to do a patch test and if the peel is burning you too much use use cold water to wash it off. Water will neutralize the jessner peel.

Also put Vaseline around your eyes, around your nostrils and on your lips. Just in case the peel drips.

If you don't need to do your whole face you can also spot treat the pimples. Just soak a q tip in the solution and make sure it's not dripping. Then dab it on the pimples. When the skin or pimples have a kind of frosted appearance that means your done and don't apply anymore if the peel to the already treated area. I would do three layers on each pimple and they would go away in a couple days.

Do not apply any acne topicals or lotion the day of the peel and the day after. It will ruin the whole process and your skin won't peel.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:57 pm

Lady, thank you SO MUCH for this concise info! I am buying it right now through that website! I will just do it myself! smile.png XOXO!!!

You're welcome smile.png

Remember to do a patch test and if the peel is burning you too much use use cold water to wash it off. Water will neutralize the jessner peel.

thank you hun! I hope I will heal before the date... Just want to feel good about myself :). Thank you and will do!!! :)

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 04/29/2013 8:04 pm

Lady, thank you SO MUCH for this concise info! I am buying it right now through that website! I will just do it myself! smile.png XOXO!!!

You're welcome smile.png

thank you hun! I hope I will heal before the date... Just want to feel good about myself :). Thank you and will do!!! :)

I added more to my previous post because I forgot to mention something important!

Good luck again :)

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 04/29/2013 9:15 pm

You're welcome smile.png

thank you hun! I hope I will heal before the date... Just want to feel good about myself smile.png. Thank you and will do!!! smile.png

I added more to my previous post because I forgot to mention something important!

Good luck again smile.png

Oh hun, just copied and pasted your posts to print them out :)! Thank you so much for this! I greatly appreciate it. xoxo!!!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:25 pm

You're welcome!

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/09/2014 2:17 pm

bump anyone else had experience