Notifications
Clear all

Am I Taking Too Much Vitamin E?

MemberMember
(@sehad)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:45 am

Hey guys,

I just have a random question about my supplements intake.

This is what I'm taking:

6x Omega 3 Tabs

• Fishoil 3000mg
  • EPA 33%
  • DHA 22%
  • Vitamin E 30mg (250% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI)

16x Brewers Yeast Tabs

• Vitamin B1: 0.7mg
  • Vitamin B2: 0.14mg
  • Vitamin B3: 2.6mg

1x Vitamin E Tab

• 30mg (250% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI)

So in short Im at 500% of the daily recommended intake dosis for vitamin E. Is this a problem?

I've only started the Vitamin E tabs today, but I've noticed a great improve in my skin condition due to the Omega 3 tabs.

Cheers!

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:57 am

Sehad,

I think if you keep Vitamin D under 400 IU (not mg) /day, you're okay. What about vitamin A? Are you getting sufficient amounts of beta-carotene in your diet so your body can make vitamin A? It's essential for clear skin! smile.png

MemberMember
(@sehad)

Posted : 04/27/2013 12:15 pm

Hi ABG Fairy,

Thanks for the reply! Well, that's actually a good question. I have no idea about my vitamin A intake.. I think it's quite low seeing as I only eat an apple a day along with oatmeal in the morning. I should do some research into this and try to boost my vitamin A intake. I'm not really familiar to nutrition, the only reason I'm taking the ones listed above is because I've read some very good things about it on here =p

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 04/27/2013 12:37 pm

Sehad,

Well, you are at the right place!! :) An apple and oatmeal are all you're eating all day?

Check out my green smoothie post. The link is in my signature. It has a compilation of simple, basic tips for acne from a variety of sources that will help get you started. If these don't work out for you, your issue may be more complex, and you will need to investigate further....there are links in my signature for Alternativista's information. She knows a ton more than I do, and she's not afraid to dig deep to find the source! :)

MemberMember
(@sehad)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:28 pm

no no, an apple and oatmeal are my breakfast :D

I'm going to check it out and make one, thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:42 pm

Phew!! Oh good!! Haha!!! 😀

Definitely!! Greens are the best skin food and amazing for your health as well....one nice thing about acne is that it forces you to get healthy! I hope things go really well for you! :)