Notifications
Clear all

I Need Help On Food Intolerance

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:43 am

So I did the whole low GI thing, no dairy for 4 months, and saw no improvement whatsoever. And I know was doing a low GI diet, because I cut all sugars, grains, starch, and I lost 30 lbs but yet still broke out everyday. So I am thinking maybe my diet failed because I have a food intolerance? How do you determine a food intolerance? There are test out there that test for this, but they are pricey, and I am not sure if they are not a scam. I know alternavista figured citrus gave her 70% of her acne, but how did you figure this out? And you ate citrus that much consistently to give you severe acne? Anybody please I will appreciate your help. I really want to make the effects of accutane last, and I really want to device a way where I can manage my condition without resorting to poisonous oral medications.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:55 am

I figured it out by luck. You can try a methodical elimination diet.

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:59 am

Is there a link you have to try this method? I am confounded on how to do this. Do you eat one type of food a day for a week or two, and see if you still break out? Like just eat chicken for a week, and if you stop breaking out, then you know that is not the culprit, and you add things slowly and see what causes your breakouts? And is this safe, at least in the short term while your doing this, and doesn't give you no nutrient deficiencies?

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:08 am

I'll second the elimination method, however I wouldnt go a full week only eating 1 type of food, I believe this will cause nutrient deficiencies. Instead my recommendations 3 days or 4 days at max, it shouldnt take longer than that to see if you eat something and get a reaction. Also it can take upwards of 100 hours for food to COMPLETELY leave your system, so before you start the elimination diet, may I recommend a 3 day water fast before you start, just to be sure everything is out of your system and your initial food choices results aren't hampered in any way.

PS if food IS causing your acne, it is due to a bacterial imbalance inside your intestinal track, I haven't idea how to fix this, but you can start by being around as many people as possible (everyone they breath they release a mist of bacteria, if they are the right kinds they MAY take up residents in you. Also you can trust supplementing with a "GOOD" probiotic. (Dr Ohhira, prescript assist, fermplus organic wholefood with Probiotics and maybe to a lesser degree syntol amd)

Before you start said diet get a good wholefood multivitamin (MUST BE WHOLEFOOD, no synthetic or isolated ingredients that get expelled as expensive yellow toxic waste, read the ingredients and make sure every single vitamin is source from WHOLEFOOD) ascorbic acid is ANY form IS NOT vitamin C!!!

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 04/27/2013 12:12 pm

I'll second the elimination method, however I wouldnt go a full week only eating 1 type of food, I believe this will cause nutrient deficiencies. Instead my recommendations 3 days or 4 days at max, it shouldnt take longer than that to see if you eat something and get a reaction. Also it can take upwards of 100 hours for food to COMPLETELY leave your system, so before you start the elimination diet, may I recommend a 3 day water fast before you start, just to be sure everything is out of your system and your initial food choices results aren't hampered in any way.

PS if food IS causing your acne, it is due to a bacterial imbalance inside your intestinal track, I haven't idea how to fix this, but you can start by being around as many people as possible (everyone they breath they release a mist of bacteria, if they are the right kinds they MAY take up residents in you. Also you can trust supplementing with a "GOOD" probiotic. (Dr Ohhira, prescript assist, fermplus organic wholefood with Probiotics and maybe to a lesser degree syntol amd)

Before you start said diet get a good wholefood multivitamin (MUST BE WHOLEFOOD, no synthetic or isolated ingredients that get expelled as expensive yellow toxic waste, read the ingredients and make sure every single vitamin is source from WHOLEFOOD) ascorbic acid is ANY form IS NOT vitamin C!!!

Thanks for the information. I guess maybe I should also try wholefood meats, since maybe the food I was eating was grain fed, and could have made my diet inefficienct?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:15 pm

Is there a link you have to try this method? I am confounded on how to do this. Do you eat one type of food a day for a week or two, and see if you still break out? Like just eat chicken for a week, and if you stop breaking out, then you know that is not the culprit, and you add things slowly and see what causes your breakouts? And is this safe, at least in the short term while your doing this, and doesn't give you no nutrient deficiencies?

There are links in the food intolerance section of the pinned good things thread. And you methodically avoid foods or groups of related foods for several weeks, or you follow a very hypoallergenic diet for at least a month, then methodically add back foods.

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 04/27/2013 6:26 pm

There are links in the food intolerance section of the pinned good things thread. And you methodically avoid foods or groups of related foods for several weeks, or you follow a very hypoallergenic diet for at least a month, then methodically add back foods.

thank you very much. I have a question on your pinned thread about intolerances. The thing is where it says, click here to find out, it doesn't lead you to any place but the same page that says click here to find out. Ill check it again to see maybe I was looking at the wrong thread.

so this is what I found interesting in your section:

Most allergic reactions come from 8 foods: wheat/gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, eggs, shellfish, true nuts...

Digestion - many intolerances are due to digestion issues and some may go away when you heal those issues. Those issues could be caused by excessive consumption of foods that you can't digest, foods that permeate/damage intestinal linings like wheat gluten and soy. And from stress. Many intolerances start in times of stress, likely at least in part due to the harm stress causes to digestive tract.

You may also have Intolerances to topicals, environmental contaminants, etc.

So I eliminated wheat but not the rest of the foods. And one thing I ate a lot while I was doing my low GI was eggs. That could have been a culprit. I will not eat for a whole month and see what happens. There is nothing to lose lol.

I wanna try out the Kativa diet also, which include no eggs. I like this diet because you don't have to deprive yourself of carbs, and be become anorexic looking.

Another thing that worries me is the whole environmental thing. So if it's environmental, your basically screwed, because how am I going to avoid that!! 0_0

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:52 am

thank you very much. I have a question on your pinned thread about intolerances. The thing is where it says, click here to find out, it doesn't lead you to any place but the same page that says click here to find out. Ill check it again to see maybe I was looking at the wrong thread.

Most allergic reactions come from 8 foods: wheat/gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, eggs, shellfish, true nuts...

Digestion - many intolerances are due to digestion issues and some may go away when you heal those issues. Those issues could be caused by excessive consumption of foods that you can't digest, foods that permeate/damage intestinal linings like wheat gluten and soy. And from stress. Many intolerances start in times of stress, likely at least in part due to the harm stress causes to digestive tract.

So I eliminated wheat but not the rest of the foods. And one thing I ate a lot while I was doing my low GI was eggs. That could have been a culprit. I will not eat for a whole month and see what happens. There is nothing to lose lol.

I wanna try out the Kativa diet also, which include no eggs. I like this diet because you don't have to deprive yourself of carbs, and be become anorexic looking.

Another thing that worries me is the whole environmental thing. So if it's environmental, your basically screwed, because how am I going to avoid that!! 0_0

eggs are source of problem for many.

but if u aint intolerant to it..its good.

so be sure before quitting it totally.

u can obvsly do the elimination test as alternativista said.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/28/2013 8:52 am

I'm not sure which link you are talking about, but go to this one: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/200416-what-i-found-about-ige-vs-igg-food-allergies/?hl=antibodies&fromsearch=1. Where it says stuff about various antibodies, studies, elimination diets and hypoallergenic foods.

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 04/28/2013 1:01 pm

I'm not sure which link you are talking about, but go to this one: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/200416-what-i-found-about-ige-vs-igg-food-allergies/?hl=antibodies&fromsearch=1. Where it says stuff about various antibodies, studies, elimination diets and hypoallergenic foods.

thank you.