Notifications
Clear all

My Regimen Did Not Work Out After All 🙁 But Found New Regimen 😉

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:28 am

Hello Everyone!

So as a few of you may already know me the regimen I had been using, and that I thought cleared me up 100%, has failed me, and a few weeks ago I started to break out all over again. I thought that the products I was using were excellent but they really are not. I still use the cleanser and lotion because they are okay but I do not use it all the time..While I was using this regimen and posted this post I didn't mention one other product that I was using because I didn't think to add it in because its completely unrelated to acne. At the time I started this regimen I also had problems with my wisdom teeth so I was going back and forth to the dentist. The dentist gave me an antibiotic for gum swelling symptoms and guys this was the actual reason my acne cleared up and not the other products that I thought were the reason I cleared up so dramatically. After the dosage was over I started to get acne all over again and I kept wondering what the hell how come all this time my acne was cleared and now all of a sudden its returning?? Then eventually it came to me...IT WAS THE ANTIBIOTICS... so to test if my thought was right I went to my dentist and asked for another prescription obviously my wisdom teeth were still giving me problems so he gave it again. So I bought the antibiotic again and what do you know? I CLEARED UP! This is an antibiotic so I wouldn't recommend anyone to go and get it but here are the details anyway...

Name of Antibiotic: Metrogyl

What is it used for:

• certain infections of the urinary and genital systems caused by bacteria and other organisms.
  • certain liver and bowel infections caused by parasites.
  • acute ulcerative gingivitis, a severe infection of the gums

Dosage Strength: I took the 200 mg

Ingredients: The active ingredient in Metrogyl is metronidazole.
The tablets also contain:
  • lactose
  • disodium edetate
  • ethylcellulose
  • sodium starch glycollate
  • silica - colloidal anhydrous
  • guar gum
  • magnesium stearate.
So I have no idea why in the world this medication cleared me up could be the silica perhaps? :S Or it could be that I have infections in my bowel and thats what caused me to break out? I dunnnoooh :(

The regimen I was using (That I thought cleared me up) prior to finding out this amusing discovery was:

Morning

1. Wash with 'Clearasil Wash and Mask'

2. Moisturise with 'Natio Calming Moisturising Day Cream Gel'

Night

1. Wash with 'Clearasil Wash and Mask'

2. Moisturise with 'Natio Calming Moisturising Day Cream Gel'

3. Occasionally spot treat with 'Oxy5'

4. Take one capsule of 'Fusion Medicine Liver Tonic'

I am no longer using the above regimen and have found something even better. It took me about a week to see results and I am 95% clear but I still do get minor breakouts that clear up fairly quickly I will post photos very soon :)

Its called Skinb5 Acne Control Tablets - Extra Strength. It is like the best vitamin I have ever tried for my skineusa_pray.gif

Just search skinb5 on google and their website will be there. Anyway will write soon tc all.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:40 am

i have similar bumps.

i've no idea how to stop them.

they are also so sudden and stubborn.doesnt budge!

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:46 am

i have similar bumps.

i've no idea how to stop them.

they are also so sudden and stubborn.doesnt budge!

Omg how annoying are they!! No matter what you do they just dont go. Its like you finally get rid of the big ones oonly to deal with more littler ones now. Sucks to be us :(

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:07 am

priyanka,indian name?

indian,huh?

anyway,yes..they are comedones i suppose..its scary because i've heard my derma say that they are likely to pop into zits for they cant really get inside the skin,can they?!but i can swear i've noticed a few disappear by themselves or by applying something topical.

although many have become zits weeks or even mnths later.

whats the case with u?usually.

and on ur left cheek..the dots with white heads...sharp...i have them now a days..they are like whiteheads which are sharp and the worst thing is the bases are red.which makes them look bad.

i believe they are clogged pores.

lets see what others have to say.

check this..

MemberMember
(@2016ehutches)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:11 am

I have the same problem, but mine are on my back! Gah! Umm..well what I found was putting benzoyl peroxide (I know you already tried!) usually cleared them up..I don't actually know for you though because you said you already tried. I am a bad person and pick mine like crazy and they never actually develop into inflamed pimples. I just suggest that whatever you do, don't scrub them harshly.!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:14 am

but u have really mild condition,i must add.

the whole face put together does nt look bad dear.

am not saying stop working on it.just letting u know.

I have the same problem, but mine are on my back! Gah! Umm..well what I found was putting benzoyl peroxide (I know you already tried!) usually cleared them up..I don't actually know for you though because you said you already tried. I am a bad person and pick mine like crazy and they never actually develop into inflamed pimples. I just suggest that whatever you do, don't scrub them harshly.!

MemberMember
(@2016ehutches)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:18 am

for me,,bp just makes them redder..but i'll be careful and try once more.

how many days do u think they take to go with bp?

Well I don't want them to become redder because like aanabill said, your face looks really good as it is! But it would probably take around 2 weeks. What concentration BP were you using?

MemberMember
(@akko)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:18 am

Hey! Those pics really make me think of fungal folliculitis. Here is a description of it with pictures:

http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=485898#

the thing about fungal folliculitis is it doesn't respond to traditional acne medication- in fact it can become worse. I had it for two years before figuring out how to get rid of it- by using an anti-fungal soap. So if you've tried everything and it hasn't worked try washing your face with Nizoral shampoo. Just lather up the infected areas, let it sit on your skin 3-5 minutes (this is very important) then rinse it off. I did this twice a day and all my bumps disappeared after about a week.

good luck!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:23 am

for me,,bp just makes them redder..but i'll be careful and try once more.

how many days do u think they take to go with bp?

Well I don't want them to become redder because like aanabill said, your face looks really good as it is! But it would probably take around 2 weeks. What concentration BP were you using?

i use 3% for spot treatment.usually for active acne.

since bp makes me redder (i guess i must be applying more than needed..am not sure) i dnt use it whiteheads or bumps..not usually.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:30 am

Your face is practically perfect. Try not washing for a week or two. Those bumps will probably come to the surface and you'll think you're breaking out and it's getting worse, but it'll just be part of the healing process.

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:30 am

priyanka,indian name?

indian,huh?

anyway,yes..they are comedones i suppose..its scary because i've heard my derma say that they are likely to pop into zits for they cant really get inside the skin,can they?!but i can swear i've noticed a few disappear by themselves or by applying something topical.

although many have become zits weeks or even mnths later.

whats the case with u?usually.

and on ur left cheek..the dots with white heads...sharp...i have them now a days..they are like whiteheads which are sharp and the worst thing is the bases are red.which makes them look bad.

i believe they are clogged pores.

lets see what others have to say.

check this.. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327738-sudden-sharp-white-heads-on-cheeksplease-help/

yeah indian name however am not indian and its not my real name i just like the actress that goes by that name!

i dont trust dermatologists though i feel normal people have better knowledge than them the difference is that they have the certificates.

so i cant really comment on what your doc is saying.

my ones dont really become zits (Most of the time) they just sit on my skin nothing works, they dont even dry out and you cant really see them unless your close to my face.

wish i could explain more clearly but dont know how to.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:34 am

Hey! Those pics really make me think of fungal folliculitis. Here is a description of it with pictures:

the thing about fungal folliculitis is it doesn't respond to traditional acne medication- in fact it can become worse. I had it for two years before figuring out how to get rid of it- by using an anti-fungal soap. So if you've tried everything and it hasn't worked try washing your face with Nizoral shampoo. Just lather up the infected areas, let it sit on your skin 3-5 minutes (this is very important) then rinse it off. I did this twice a day and all my bumps disappeared after about a week.

good luck!

hey!

did it itch?ever?

i mean my bumps itch.

could u check this? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327793-temporary-raised-bumps-on-face-all-of-a-suddenthat-itches-and-mostly-turns-reddish-but-goes-away-after-a-whileplease-help/#entry3339359

and

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328366-bumps-or-spots-due-to-fungal-folliculitissureor-blind-try/

see if this is any similar?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327793-temporary-raised-bumps-on-face-all-of-a-suddenthat-itches-and-mostly-turns-reddish-but-goes-away-after-a-whileplease-help/#entry3339359

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:38 am

usually in the past BP worked wonders for me but that was when i had like normal pimples but now that i got rid of those i have these mini things on my face to deal with and so BP no longer works.

good luck!

this is interesting! im going to search more about this! thanks for sharing! really appreciate :)

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:53 am

Your face is practically perfect. Try not washing for a week or two. Those bumps will probably come to the surface and you'll think you're breaking out and it's getting worse, but it'll just be part of the healing process.

oh how i wish it was perfect! its far far far from perfect! i have scars, visible pores, dry skin yet oily at the same time, plus these micro mini pimples. that photo was taken without flash therefore cant really see the redness or anything. but i do believe it is much better than most acne sufferers.

i have tried the caveman regimen in the past for about 2 months. didn't really work though and i started getting more congested

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:47 pm

priyankaa,

i've posted something that might be if use to u(if anyone answers that is).

i've added ur post as an example.

hope it helps.

=)

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:20 pm

Can't guarantee,but looks like folliculitis. get your dermatologist to do a culture.

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/28/2013 12:15 am

Can't guarantee,but looks like folliculitis. get your dermatologist to do a culture.

I have an appointment with a dermatologist for something else but I will tell her of this problem as well. I'll see what she says. Thank you

priyankaa,

i've posted something that might be if use to u(if anyone answers that is).

i've added ur post as an example. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328366-bumps-or-spots-due-to-fungal-folliculitissureor-blind-try/

hope it helps.

=)

Its good to know everyone is really helpful on this website! Thanks Aanabill! Btw have updated my photos and added more recent ones which i have taken this morning. :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 1:35 am

urs are exactly similar to some of mine.

do u mean to try anti-fungal shampoo or zno on them(individually or on the effected area)?

we could do the trial test together.=)

let me know.

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/28/2013 2:24 am

urs are exactly similar to some of mine.

do u mean to try anti-fungal shampoo or zno on them(individually or on the effected area)?

we could do the trial test together.=)

let me know.

Yeah that would be really great. what type of anti fungal shampoo are you planning to use? I remember someone on here said to use nizoral but i found out there are two concentrations of nizoral so am unsure which one to use.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:50 am

my derma had prescribed me scalpe(which is very similar to nizoral..i believe they have the same active ingredients) for dandruff.

so i will be using that..not on my whole face.

i mean to apply lil' dots on 2-3 bumps each day in shower and keep it for 1-2 minutes and later wash off.

may be for a week or so.to check.

i've done once today.i obvsly dnt expect immediate results.=p

lets see.

i've a holiday trip and i am a lil' skeptical about using it...for although i've nt heard of any negative effects after using anti-dandruff shampoo on the face but it still sounds risky.

i dnt want any new breakout or any kind of side effect.

but am still gibing it a try.

what abt u?

have you done saliva test?

MemberMember
(@akko)

Posted : 04/28/2013 8:47 am

good luck!

hey!

did it itch?ever?

i mean my bumps itch.

could u check this? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327793-temporary-raised-bumps-on-face-all-of-a-suddenthat-itches-and-mostly-turns-reddish-but-goes-away-after-a-whileplease-help/#entry3339359

and

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328366-bumps-or-spots-due-to-fungal-folliculitissureor-blind-try/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327793-temporary-raised-bumps-on-face-all-of-a-suddenthat-itches-and-mostly-turns-reddish-but-goes-away-after-a-whileplease-help/#entry3339359

Yes, mine itched like crazy at the beginning. The itch seemed to subside after a while, but the bumps remained.

The pictures in the first link look at lot like my forehead used to look like.

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/28/2013 10:48 am

my derma had prescribed me scalpe(which is very similar to nizoral..i believe they have the same active ingredients) for dandruff.

i mean to apply lil' dots on 2-3 bumps each day in shower and keep it for 1-2 minutes and later wash off.

lets see.

i've a holiday trip and i am a lil' skeptical about using it...for although i've nt heard of any negative effects after using anti-dandruff shampoo on the face but it still sounds risky.

what abt u?

Oh your going for a holiday! Hope you have a great time :)

I will buy some nizoral shampoo and try it out however not too sure about its effectiveness though. Will research a bit and send u some info if I can.

And no have not done saliva test. never heard of it! What is it?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 1:36 pm

good luck!

hey!

did it itch?ever?

i mean my bumps itch.

and

Yes, mine itched like crazy at the beginning. The itch seemed to subside after a while, but the bumps remained.

The pictures in the first link look at lot like my forehead used to look like.

can tell me or give me an idea about whether things(bumps) will go away or atleast lessen in size in say 5-6 days??

i mean i wanna know,if i put the anti-dandruff shampoo on a few bumps (individually) and check for say 5-6 days..will i see any change or result at all??

how many days did it take u?

did u have any side effect?

could u pls check this? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328366-bumps-or-spots-due-to-fungal-folliculitissureor-blind-try/

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/29/2013 5:45 am

lets see.

what abt u?

Oh your going for a holiday! Hope you have a great time smile.png

I will buy some nizoral shampoo and try it out however not too sure about its effectiveness though. Will research a bit and send u some info if I can.

And no have not done saliva test. never heard of it! What is it?

here, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/47524-saliva-test-good-indicator-of-candida/#entry544734

u would want to check if nizoral has zinc pyrithione.

if not then,i suggest u use something which has.like head & shoulder.

see if u have scalpe.for it has both ketoconozole ip 2% and zinc pyrithione 1%

i hope u're following this post. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328366-bumps-or-spots-due-to-fungal-folliculitissureor-blind-try/

i hope i have fun as well.not sure.crazy.gif

let me know what u're upto!

cheers!

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:07 am

I have these confined mostly to my cheecks. My derm put me on Spiro to decrease the oil production and prevent new ones, and a retinoid - retin a micro to make them come up/break them down.