Notifications
Clear all

Treating Yourself On Anti-Acne Diet

MemberMember
(@melissa6980)

Posted : 04/26/2013 10:39 pm

So, I've been on an anti-acne diet for years and I stick to it. The only problem I have is going out to eat. I have been restricting my social life in order to keep up the diet and avoid going out to eat. Normally, I manage to get around this by going out only on very rare occasions and only going to buffets or a place where I can eat baked chicken/fish and vegetables.

I have a friend who wants to go to CherryBerry. It's a yogurt place. I am wondering since this would be a rare treat which of the options might be the least damaging. I could go with either

1) No sugar added yogurt (this would have milk and splenda).

2) Dairy-free sorbet (so no milk but 19-20 grams of sugar)

3) Greek yogurt (both milk and sugar but potentially a little less sugar and greek yogurt is supposedly even better with the probiotics and protein).

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately, they do not have a dairy-free, no sugar added option.

My plan would be to have 1 serving, slowly enjoy it and go right back to my diet.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/26/2013 10:52 pm

Greek yogurt for sure. Unless you're sensitive to casein or another milk protein, yogurt shouldn't give you any problems. Also, probiotics are great, and protein slows down digestion of the sugars

MemberMember
(@melissa6980)

Posted : 04/26/2013 11:12 pm

Thanks. :) I don't know that I'm necessarily sensitive to casein or anything, I basically gave up the whole standard american diet all at once a couple years ago.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:23 am

what type of diet do you follow now, if you do not mind me asking?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/27/2013 8:12 am

So, I've been on an anti-acne diet for years and I stick to it. The only problem I have is going out to eat. I have been restricting my social life in order to keep up the diet and avoid going out to eat. Normally, I manage to get around this by going out only on very rare occasions and only going to buffets or a place where I can eat baked chicken/fish and vegetables.

I have a friend who wants to go to CherryBerry. It's a yogurt place. I am wondering since this would be a rare treat which of the options might be the least damaging. I could go with either

1) No sugar added yogurt (this would have milk and splenda).

2) Dairy-free sorbet (so no milk but 19-20 grams of sugar)

3) Greek yogurt (both milk and sugar but potentially a little less sugar and greek yogurt is supposedly even better with the probiotics and protein).

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately, they do not have a dairy-free, no sugar added option.

My plan would be to have 1 serving, slowly enjoy it and go right back to my diet.

Depends on how well you tolerate dairy. You can have a fiber supplement before he sugar. Move around after to burn sugar so your cells can take in more. And stop being so strict all the time.