Notifications
Clear all

How To Fix This Skin Condition?

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 04/26/2013 3:21 pm

347w7iq.jpg

IMG]

My skin gets dried up skin immediately after I exfoliate with just my fingers. It has patches and then when I take them off, it's all red underneath the dead skin patch or whatever it is. I have a cluster of zits all over and I have plugs coming out of my nose pores that are like small and yellow and clear and look like Demodex mites. I used to have clear skin with occasional cysts, but when I moved to my boyfriends apartment from my parents house a year ago, my skin started having problems and its been bad ever since. I can't wash my face with the hard water because it won't take off my cleanser or lather, and my skin isn't reacting great to any of the things I've tried in the last year, doxycycline, acne topical treatments, cleansers, bioderma sebium h2o, face wipes, caveman regimen, etc. I can't do anything. I have no idea how to fix this problem, I can't get accutane it costs too much money. Any one else have this problem?? My nose also has zits that keep popping up every where, as well as the rest of my face and my nose is always red. I have oily skin but it is dry and flakey too.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/26/2013 11:13 pm

Hm looks mainly pustular. Does it itch? I might guess either fungal folliculitis or mites if it does. You're pretty, sorry you must suffer like this.

Also, for nose acne, you could try diet changes. Specifically, removing dairy, if you haven't done so already. I notice that I get acne on my nose if I use things like benzoyl peroxide in that area. So this could be another cause

MemberMember
(@ali000)

Posted : 04/30/2013 11:08 pm

I am thinking that your hair has something to do with it. Try installing a shower filter. I have hard water and this has helped. In addition, shampoo and conditioner can cause horrible breakouts. The only line that doesn't cause from breakouts for me is Goldwell Kerasilk. I can't tell your age, but if you are are an adult acne sufferer stay clear of BP and opt for glycolic acid. Jan Marini bioglycolic cleanser is amazing (follow the directions carefully).

Based on the advice of skin care professionals, I think your first step should be reducing irritation. At 28, I began experiencing mild breakouts and was advised to use BP. Big mistake. BP caused permanent hyperpigmentation, extreme irritation, and severe acne. Irritation hinders the shedding of skin cells, which leads to acne. Since my skin can't handle scrubs or salicylic acid, glycolic acid helped tremendously by forcing exfoliation. When I notice that my skin appears irritated, I use a mild sulfate-free cleanser. I haven't found a great moisturizer. However, Boscia Black Moisturizer doesn't cause problems. It isn't great, but it isn't bad either. Hope this helps. I've been there. It takes time and you have to be watchful of every product that touches your skin.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 8:12 pm

347w7iq.jpg

IMG] [/img]

My skin gets dried up skin immediately after I exfoliate with just my fingers. It has patches and then when I take them off, it's all red underneath the dead skin patch or whatever it is. I have a cluster of zits all over and I have plugs coming out of my nose pores that are like small and yellow and clear and look like Demodex mites. I used to have clear skin with occasional cysts, but when I moved to my boyfriends apartment from my parents house a year ago, my skin started having problems and its been bad ever since. I can't wash my face with the hard water because it won't take off my cleanser or lather, and my skin isn't reacting great to any of the things I've tried in the last year, doxycycline, acne topical treatments, cleansers, bioderma sebium h2o, face wipes, caveman regimen, etc. I can't do anything. I have no idea how to fix this problem, I can't get accutane it costs too much money. Any one else have this problem?? My nose also has zits that keep popping up every where, as well as the rest of my face and my nose is always red. I have oily skin but it is dry and flakey too.

There is a doctor I know named doctor gundry, who is very much into diet etc to treat problems. I asked him once what causes acne and what causes the acne to go away. He said diet causes acne and that the reason acne goes away randomly for most people is because of "environmental change."

I guess in your case, your change of environment (i.e. moving to your boyfriends house), worsened your acne. It could be due to a number of things

1) Did you change your diet all of a sudden? Have you been consistently eating something you have not ate?

2) Sleep schedule?

3) Did you only get this acne after taking antibiotics?

4) What type of water does your boyfriend have in his house vs the water you had at your old residence?

and obviously the most obvious... shit happens and we have no idea what causes it.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/08/2013 10:42 pm

Since you said your acne got worse when you moved, I also think it might be the water and possibly environmental allergies. A shower filter can help, but also try not to let the shower water run down your face. I started washing my face with spring water because our water quality is not good, and my skin is a lot softer now. Like you, my skin got worse when I moved to an apartment that was triggering allergies. Now I have invested in a good A/C filter that filters out dust mites and other pollutants in the air inside. I also make sure I open my windows in the morning to air out my apartment.

If you exfoliate, try not to exfoliate every day because that can contribute to the irritation.