Notifications
Clear all

What Is This And Why Wont It Go Away?

MemberMember
(@acneforeversadday)

Posted : 04/25/2013 6:14 pm

To start off,I used to have acne all over my face, but since i have been using differin my whiteheads have gone away. Great you say? wrong. It seems like my skin does not heal at all. I have large pores, redness all over, previous acne marks that are still noticable and oily skin. My skin seems to be very sensitive as well. If i touch at like once, the whole area will turn beat red for 1 hour +. I dont know what to do.

My regimen is in the morning i use: cereve cleanser while in the shower and moisturizer if one area is dry. When i come home from school i splash water on my face because my face is usually extremely oily and disgusting. At night i splash water, cleanse, wait 20 minutes, and then apply differin and cereve pm moisturizer. That is it. Is there something that i am missing? Am i too harsh on my skin?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/25/2013 8:57 pm

Differin thins the skin, so marks and scars become more visible. I think differin is supposed to fade them with time, though, by increasing cell turnover. Your regimen doesn't seem too harsh at all.

Lots of oil, though, could be either from over moisturizing, or from a diet-related issue. Maybe a vitamin deficiency, especially D, or to much dairy intake.