Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Tried Cc Creams?

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/25/2013 5:58 am

I havent been wearing make-up much since my skin has been clear, I figured its better not to. Id still like something for special occasions or when Im getting photographed. BB and cc creams are pretty new on the market, I like the idea of cc creams because they are lighter and have spf and supposedly can fade spots over time and improve skin texture. Sounds awesome but Im concerned about break-outs. I wouldnt be wearing it every day but, you know...

Ive heard really good things about Clinique's cc cream and Lorac's. If anybody has tried these or another brand which they liked (or didnt like) . I love make-up reviews.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@justabeginner)

Posted : 04/25/2013 8:33 am

Yes! I'm currently using Peter Thomas Roth's CC Cream (SPF 30) from Sephora and I love it! It saved me from a particularly bad and painful initial breakout a few months ago. It is $48, however, but since my skin color is next to impossible for makeup brands besides Bobbi Brown to match (bi-racial here). I wouldn't recommend it if you are fair because I'm in the middle shade and it's even a little dark for me.

I have heard that the Lorac CC cream is especially thick, but I would personally just go with whatever matches your skin color the best. Most of the popular brand CC creams aren't much more than glorified tinted moisturizers unless you get them from actual skincare brands.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/26/2013 9:52 pm

hey I just got a sample of a great foundation from my aesthetician, its called oxygenix, its aloe based foundation which was formulated for post-procedure, laser treatements microdermabrasion etc. It covers redness and wont cause skin to break out, its good for rosacea. I really liked it on my skin it didnt feel too heavy and didnt make me break out. It is expensive of course...