Notifications
Clear all

Carwinn's Reginmen Logs

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 04/24/2013 7:51 pm

I started the regimen a week ago from today, and I'd thought I'd share my experience with you all.

History: I started getting acne around age 12. It wasn't awful, just a few zits here and there, but my skin sure was oily. 14 years old was when it really got bad. At 15 I went to a dermatologist and he prescribed Aczone, Ziana, and some antibiotics. From then on I was on a roller coaster of clear, to breakouts, to clear. I was, however, almost entirely zit-free during summer. I'm 16 now. I have two reasons for trying out the regimen: 1. My acne really isn't getting any better on my prescriptions. and 2. My prescriptions are almost out, and I know it'll be another boatload of cash to get more.

Regimen:

I wash with CeraVe foaming cleanser, apply Neutrogena's On The Spot BP, and moisturize with Simple's Replenishing Rich Moisturizer.

Just a week in, and I haven't noticed any flaking or redness from the BP. I assume it's because the Aczone I was using before is really similar to BP, and I also give some credit to the lotion. I like it well.

Here's some pictures too, one on the first day of the regimen, and one a week later. Please ignore the grumpy faces and messy hair! ;p

I'll be updating if things jump to good, bad, or if another week has past.

Edit: Oh goodness! I spelled Regimen wrong in the title. How embarrassing haha :P

post-207061-0-89057900-1366850947.jpg

post-207061-0-41668800-1366850957.jpg

post-207061-0-89057900-1366850947.jpg

post-207061-0-41668800-1366850957.jpg

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/25/2013 1:41 pm

Wow your skin looks a lot better already!

Here's my only piece of advice: if your skin is ever drying out, switch to Cerave Hydrating cleanser. It's way more moisturizing and soothing - trust me, I've tried both the Cerave Foaming cleanser and the Cerave Hydrating cleanser, and the hydrating on is wayyyy better.

I used a prescription with BP in it before I started the regimen and I noticed that the side effects from the regimen were greatly reduced from what everyone was saying.

Best of luck on the regimen, I hope everything works out for you! - IM

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/25/2013 6:13 pm

Definite improvement - you will get more acne so be prepared and keep going slow even if you feel no irritation. Best of luck to you

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 04/25/2013 8:29 pm

Wow your skin looks a lot better already!

Here's my only piece of advice: if your skin is ever drying out, switch to Cerave Hydrating cleanser. It's way more moisturizing and soothing - trust me, I've tried both the Cerave Foaming cleanser and the Cerave Hydrating cleanser, and the hydrating on is wayyyy better.

I used a prescription with BP in it before I started the regimen and I noticed that the side effects from the regimen were greatly reduced from what everyone was saying.

Best of luck on the regimen, I hope everything works out for you! - IM

Thanks! I'm not sure if I've ever seen that version of CeraVe, I rarely see any type of it in general, but I'll keep an eye out if I need it!

Definite improvement - you will get more acne so be prepared and keep going slow even if you feel no irritation. Best of luck to you

Thank you :) I am still breaking out, just a little though. And whatever I do get goes away MUCH faster. My skin isn't flaking or red, but it's pretty gritty from being dry. It also stings occasionally, but it's not horrible.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:04 pm

Day 12

I'm starting to break out around my mouth now :/ Just in one day, two whiteheads above my mouth, and one that hurts below my mouth! How disappointing, I thought I was on the road to healing unsure.png

I'm not even at week two yet though, so I just gotta be patient!

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/01/2013 7:27 pm

Week 2

Second week on the regimen, and I'm getting a little worried :/

Yesterday I've seem to break out out of no where. I mention a couple white heads in my last post, and one calmed down and went away, the other one is HUGE! It's not super inflamed, like, it doesn't feel deep or anything, it's just REALLY red :/

I've also broken out around my chin, including a big cyst. I'm sooo disappointed now. Still, I gotta keep trudging. Acne doesn't disappear over night :P

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/01/2013 7:36 pm

Week 2

Yesterday I've seem to break out out of no where. I mention a couple white heads in my last post, and one calmed down and went away, the other one is HUGE! It's not super inflamed, like, it doesn't feel deep or anything, it's just REALLY red :/

I've also broken out around my chin, including a big cyst. I'm sooo disappointed now. Still, I gotta keep trudging. Acne doesn't disappear over night tongue.png

Strange as it may seem, you are right on track! You will continue to break out and each time breakouts should go away quicker. When they return, they shouldn't be as severe. Prepare your mindset of this cycle for the next 90-120 days before truly evaluating the effectiveness of The Regimen. I am also experiencing nasty lip zits that came on rather quickly and i'm only on day 5. Let's stay strong together.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 05/01/2013 10:59 pm

Week 2

I've also broken out around my chin, including a big cyst. I'm sooo disappointed now. Still, I gotta keep trudging. Acne doesn't disappear over night tongue.png

I know at times it may not seem like its worth it, but you'll never know unless you persevere and stick with it! It is normal to breakout around this time (week 2) because A. your skin is adjusting to a new regimen or B. your skin is purging out all the stuff that would have surfaced eventually. Good luck and i hope everything goes well!

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/06/2013 1:56 pm

Day 19

I'm feeling a lot better about my skin. My worst zits have gone down, and though I still have a couple, they're small and don't bother me so much. My skin is getting kind of dry, but it's not flaking much. I've also noticed that there's a lot of dead skin sitting around, but it absorbs and decreases the shine of oil, so that's pretty nice... in a way.. haha

Over all, I'm diggin the regimen! It's helped a bunch and I think I'm on the road to further improvements :)

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/13/2013 7:57 pm

Day 26!

Just about right after the last post I made, I broke out the day later. Nothing big, but it got me a little down. But then I've started improving again, this time even better!

OILY SKIN! My oily skin is really starting to decrease! I used to have to blot off oil just about every hour, but it's not a problem anymore! i can go a full school day (7 hours) without having to blot, and that's incredible for me. Some people said bp makes them more oily... well, not for me!

ACNE? Im' really only breaking out a tiny bit in my trouble spots, it's not a big deal to me (atleast at this moment) But what does bother me, is that IM' breaking out on my cheek, just one side, and usually I don't break out on my cheeks at all. But once these go down, I'm hoping thats' it for there :) (Knock on wood!)

Overall, I'm feeling pretty confident now. I'm comfortable in my skin, even if it has quite a few flaws still :)

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/13/2013 8:36 pm

Day 26!

Just about right after the last post I made, I broke out the day later. Nothing big, but it got me a little down. But then I've started improving again, this time even better!

OILY SKIN! My oily skin is really starting to decrease! I used to have to blot off oil just about every hour, but it's not a problem anymore! i can go a full school day (7 hours) without having to blot, and that's incredible for me. Some people said bp makes them more oily... well, not for me!

ACNE? Im' really only breaking out a tiny bit in my trouble spots, it's not a big deal to me (atleast at this moment) But what does bother me, is that IM' breaking out on my cheek, just one side, and usually I don't break out on my cheeks at all. But once these go down, I'm hoping thats' it for there smile.png (Knock on wood!)

Overall, I'm feeling pretty confident now. I'm comfortable in my skin, even if it has quite a few flaws still smile.png

Glad to hear to hear you're seeing improvements! My skin gets pretty oily too so I'm hoping the Regimen BP will start to limit my oil production a bit. Good luck to you and I hope things continue to go well! :)

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:53 am

Day 40!

Wow, time flies. I haven't posted in awhile either. I've been super busy, and can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone by.

Anyways, right now is going super good! It's that time of the month, so of course I broke out a couple days ago, but it's cleared incredibly fast! I got a big, sore red one above my mouth/below my nose, whatever area you want to call it... but it has pretty much dried up and fallen off! That area is the worst for me. I absolutely hate getting acne there over everywhere else. At least it's gone now :)

I still have a little cluster of zits on my cheek, but now they seem to be going down and healing. I have a feeling they're going to leave some nasty hyper pigmentation though D: oh well! other than these things, my face is clearing up so nicely. My oily-ness has somewhat made a comeback, but that's the least of my worries.

The regimen has really worked wonders!

Also, how do I post a picture straight from my computer? I managed that in the first post, but I can't remember how, and I don't want to upload my pictures to a website to be able to post the link here.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/27/2013 10:47 am

Day 40!

Wow, time flies. I haven't posted in awhile either. I've been super busy, and can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone by.

Anyways, right now is going super good! It's that time of the month, so of course I broke out a couple days ago, but it's cleared incredibly fast! I got a big, sore red one above my mouth/below my nose, whatever area you want to call it... but it has pretty much dried up and fallen off! That area is the worst for me. I absolutely hate getting acne there over everywhere else. At least it's gone now smile.png

I still have a little cluster of zits on my cheek, but now they seem to be going down and healing. I have a feeling they're going to leave some nasty hyper pigmentation though D: oh well! other than these things, my face is clearing up so nicely. My oily-ness has somewhat made a comeback, but that's the least of my worries.

The regimen has really worked wonders!

Also, how do I post a picture straight from my computer? I managed that in the first post, but I can't remember how, and I don't want to upload my pictures to a website to be able to post the link here.

I am glad that you are doing well! I hate that area as well and also around my chin/mouth as people tend to stare there when you talk to them. Periods are the worst! I am finishing mine and i have broken out in clusters around my chin/mouth area (it's really gross and red and bumpy).

Keep up the good work and by the 2nd to 3rd month you will hopefully be on your way to smooth sailing!

In regards to pcitures, i think you have to go to your gallery and upload from there. i hate the technical side of things too!

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/01/2013 4:17 pm

Day 45

Man, it's been really hot and humid here lately. It's been causing my oily skin to come back around. Nothing's worse than walking around in humidity with so much oil on your face (besides acne :P )

Compared to my last post, I did break out a bit. The couple of zits on my cheek were healing nice, then BAM! a big new zit right in the middle of them. It's pretty big, and it kind of hurts. Right now it's itchy, too wacko.png

Also, my chin is really breaking out. I got a really big one on my chin, I think it was cystic. It didn't amount to as much as I thought it would, but it's still there and red. I've also got a couple of other ones there, and one that turned into a huge whitehead! I popped it though (Ew :P ) and I put some BP on it, and I think it's a goner.

Overall, I'm still doing a lot better than when I started. My acne hasn't been getting me down as much, I'm pretty comfortable. I know I can still improve though! :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/02/2013 7:25 am

Don't you just hate the continuous breakouts? My chin/mouth area is the devil as well and as soon as one part clears up....BAM.....the other part falls apart. Keep positive though as we are both still relatively new to the regimen. Three months or 90 days will be here before you know it. BTW, how much BP are you using and how are you dealing with the dryness, flakiness and itching. I am definitely itching up a storm and dryness/flakiness is killing me and i'm only on 1 pump!

Any progress photos?

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/02/2013 11:44 am

Don't you just hate the continuous breakouts? My chin/mouth area is the devil as well and as soon as one part clears up....BAM.....the other part falls apart. Keep positive though as we are both still relatively new to the regimen. Three months or 90 days will be here before you know it. BTW, how much BP are you using and how are you dealing with the dryness, flakiness and itching. I am definitely itching up a storm and dryness/flakiness is killing me and i'm only on 1 pump!

Any progress photos?

I just posted pictures from today in my gallery, I probably won't post them on here, but you can go take a look! :)

I'm not sure how much BP I'm using, I always squirt it out in a big glob haha. If I didn't, I'd say I'm at half a finger length. I really think that's as much as I can go, because anymore wouldn't absorb and would sit on my face as a huge white layer, ew. And as far as dryness, I have zero. When I put the BP on now, it goes on so smooth and there's almost no need for moisturizer. Almost. I'm pretty sure the fact that the weather here has been so humid lately is helping out with the dryness.

What moisturizer are you using? Not only the humid weather here is helping me out, but I really like my moisturizer smile.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/02/2013 12:50 pm

I just checked out your pictures. You have GREAT skin tone! And your acne has definitely improved. I see that we tend to break out in the same area as far as the chin is concernedexcept that my chin acne comes in clusters versus big pimples here and there. I think half a fingers length is the same as i pump so we're on the same dosage. What moisturizer are you using.

It's getting humied here as well but it hasn't helped with the dryness at all. I just purchased a humidfyer from amazon so hoping that will help hydrate my skin.

Can't wait to see your results at the end of month 2

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:00 pm

I just checked out your pictures. You have GREAT skin tone! And your acne has definitely improved. I see that we tend to break out in the same area as far as the chin is concernedexcept that my chin acne comes in clusters versus big pimples here and there. I think half a fingers length is the same as i pump so we're on the same dosage. What moisturizer are you using.

It's getting humied here as well but it hasn't helped with the dryness at all. I just purchased a humidfyer from amazon so hoping that will help hydrate my skin.

Can't wait to see your results at the end of month 2

Thanks! proud.gif

I've been using Simple's Replenishing Moisturizer, it has vitamins and no perfumes or dyes, and it really is perfect. I highly recommend it, especially since dryness has been an issue for you. Simple also has another kind just like it, but with SPF stuff. Usually moisturizers with sunscreen in it break me out though, so for now I think you should go with the original one.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 06/02/2013 10:56 pm

Day 45

Man, it's been really hot and humid here lately. It's been causing my oily skin to come back around. Nothing's worse than walking around in humidity with so much oil on your face (besides acne tongue.png )

Compared to my last post, I did break out a bit. The couple of zits on my cheek were healing nice, then BAM! a big new zit right in the middle of them. It's pretty big, and it kind of hurts. Right now it's itchy, too wacko.png

Also, my chin is really breaking out. I got a really big one on my chin, I think it was cystic. It didn't amount to as much as I thought it would, but it's still there and red. I've also got a couple of other ones there, and one that turned into a huge whitehead! I popped it though (Ew tongue.png ) and I put some BP on it, and I think it's a goner.

Overall, I'm still doing a lot better than when I started. My acne hasn't been getting me down as much, I'm pretty comfortable. I know I can still improve though! smile.png

Your skin is looking great! I hope things continue to go well for you :) My chin seems to be a major problem area too, always fighting blemishes on my chin :P

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/05/2013 5:20 pm

Hey Carwinn! I saw in another post that your birthday is at the end of July. Me too!!!! What day? I am July 22nd.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:21 pm

Hey Carwinn! I saw in another post that your birthday is at the end of July. Me too!!!! What day? I am July 22nd.

July 25th! How old will you be turning this year?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:26 pm

How ironic! I will 30 (damn i feel old - i guess that means acne keeps me forever young teehee.gif Happy 17th when it comes.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/09/2013 1:02 pm

Day 53

Well, the last couple days have been pretty rough. I started using lemon juice to fight the really nasty red mark that the cluster of zits left on my cheek, and so far that's been pretty okay. I think I've killed that chain tongue.png but I got a zit on my other cheek, and it was small, but red and gross for a couple days. There's nothing left of that but a red mark now. And then I got a killer; one right in between my nose and mouth. it hurt and was really red and ugly D: Ewh. But that is also pretty much gone right now. The only thing I'm fighting right now seems to be a zit on my chin. other than that, I'm just trying to clear red marks.

It's also gotten quite a bit colder here, and in turn my skin has been really dry. My moisturizer keeps the flakes at bay, but when I wash/ put on BP, it feels really gritty.

I think I can attribute my breakouts not to the regimen, but to my lately lifestyle. I've been stressed as all hell because of end of the year school projects, and I've also indulged on some pretty bad foods tongue.png IE, Energy drinks, ice cream, fast food, etc.

I think once school is over, though, it will be smooth sailing smile.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/09/2013 2:29 pm

i know the feeling girl. Glad its been getting better though. I think a good diet is great for overall health but for me personally, it never helped my acne. I still stick to it as much as possible. My point is, don't beat yourself up for being a teenager. I am a teacher so i can definitely relate to school being stresful as we wind down for summe break. Stay strong girl and god luck as the summer approaches

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/09/2013 3:04 pm

i know the feeling girl. Glad its been getting better though. I think a good diet is great for overall health but for me personally, it never helped my acne. I still stick to it as much as possible. My point is, don't beat yourself up for being a teenager. I am a teacher so i can definitely relate to school being stresful as we wind down for summe break. Stay strong girl and god luck as the summer approaches

Yeah, I try to have a good diet, not just for acne, but just trying to stay healthy overall. And school is my main source of acne :P I was clear all last summer until the day RIGHT BEFORE school! and after that it was a roller coaster for my skin. So glad it's almost over again :P