Notifications
Clear all

Dan's Aha+ Or Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion

MemberMember
(@ct94)

Posted : 04/24/2013 7:05 pm

Has anyone here used this? I'm trying to decide between ordering that or the Acne.org brand AHA and figuring out which one works best.

MemberMember
(@garza)

Posted : 04/25/2013 9:03 am

I don't have an answer for you; I'm in to see what others have to say. I just started using Dan's AHA+ yesterday (after five weeks on the regimen) but if I could lay my hands on the AH Enhanced lotion in future it would be more cost effective for me so I'm keen to see how people feel about it, specifically as a regular addition to the regimen. The reviews on this site seem to be generally positive but I realise not all reviewers will be using it as part of the regimen.

MemberMember
(@ct94)

Posted : 04/29/2013 1:44 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/30/2013 10:00 am

Used both and Dan's worked better personally... Wasn't as irritating as the Alpha Hydroxy formula

MemberMember
(@veiledxbeauty)

Posted : 04/30/2013 1:15 pm

The Alpha Hydrox brand works great for me. I've been using it for about two months and it speeds up the healing process of my zits and post-acne marks. I use it every night without a moisturizer because it's already very moisturizing (and I have oily skin). It will "red" you if you're not already used to glycolic acid, but it usually subsides after a week of using it. I've never tried Dan's AHA because of the higher price, but I'd definitely give it a shot. Heck, try them both! AHA is worth utilizing in it's many forms and if you find that it works, more power to you...smile.png

MemberMember
(@norcalash)

Posted : 05/14/2013 12:15 am

Just started using the Alpha Hydrox lotion, so can't say too much yet. I haven't tried Dan's. I can report that it has not irritated or stung my face thus far

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/21/2013 11:42 pm

Many people have reported that the AH lotion is comedogenic (clogs pores) which was the case for me. When I used it on my face it caused small bumps that were not acne. Get the Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Treatment instead. It's a great AHA treatment that won't clog pores and definitely helped my acne. I use it every day. I would highly recommend their Foaming Face Wash also for a gentle cleanser.