Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knicks3

Accutane - Week 3 Things clearing up

Well at the end of week 3 my skin is clearing up good. I have to moisturize now. Almost all my cysts from my initial breakout are gone. My lips are easily controlled with vaseline. I take vit E daily so that may help with the lips. I am very encouraged now. Occasionaly I get some light aches in my lower back but I work 6 days a week and lift weights 3 days so I could just be tired.

Knicks, congratulations on your excellent progress! It always makes me happy to hear success stories.

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that made you make the Accutane decision in the first place? How would you have described your acne and what other treatments did you try?

My decision was based on the fact that I am 32 and I just couldnt beat it. My skin got worse as I got older and it was affecting my marriage and life because I didnt want to go anywhere. I have taken just about everything, all the topicals abx even differin. I have a kid coming in Jan and I want to enjoy it.

My acne was moderate but cystic. When I would get a cyst they could get nickle sized and swollen as much as a half inch from my face. When this came to the point where I was never having a good week anymore skin wise, I knew I needed something drastic.

I feel great, even little things like dreading to go out to the gym because I have a mountain on my face is gone.

GO my breakout lasted 3 weeks so I guess thats not too bad. I used Klaron and tea tree oil in my second week, I think it might have helped clear me up.

Knicks,

Your acne problem sounds exactly like mine. I am 30 and have had it my whole life, however, for the most part, it has been moderate other than large cysts on my face that would never go away. If they did go away, they would reappear somewhere else. It also affected my life b/c if I had a "bad skin day", I didn't even want to get out of bed to go to work. I would wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and want to crawl back in bed. I always felt like if someone was looking at me that they were staring at my acne. I just started Accutane a few weeks ago and I am still in I guess what is the "initial breakout stage". I am hopeful that my skin will clear as yours is. One thing I have noticed is that when I do breakout now, the cyst generally clears up on its own in a few days. I am starting to experience the dry skin also, but I am loving it right now b/c I am so used to being extremely oily. At least I am lucky and can cover it with makeup.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it seems we have the exact same thing going on and if you ever want to talk about it, let me know.

Shelly biggrin.gif

You know the Ironic thing is, If my skin was worse I think I would be use to it all the time but moderate means you can look great for a week and then go to completly horrible in a day. Once its in your head you dont want to do anything. I has cysts so big that they cast shadows, Im not kidding. I still have a few bumps but its getting much better. When I first started I broke out with multiple large cysts that hurt like hell. almost my whole face had some kind of swelling. Thats all healed now. Good luck!