Notifications
Clear all

White Rice Or Wheat?which One Is,lets Say, Less Harmful For A Acne Patient(In General)?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/24/2013 1:46 pm

hello!

i'm not sure if anyone else has this question in mind but i am in serious confusion!

there are people who say white rice is poison and others who stress on a gluten-free diet.

if one had to choose,which one would you choose?

going by logic , white rice is bad for it raises the insulin level(sudden spike) ..for it's got high GI.whereas gluten is said to be inflammatory.

so,what do u think?which one is (let's say) less harmful(or safer to carry on with)??

(my story :

i have both white rice and whole wheat flat bread(home made) for lunch and dinner respectively.i've had phases in between when am absolutely clear and dnt have acne for may be a mnth or more.

so,does that mean am intolerable to any one of it??

which one should i quit? )

if u have any question regarding this,please let me know.

i'll add it here.

aana

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/24/2013 4:48 pm

Their are a lot, if not all nutritional camps that like to vilify wheat and white rice. Yes these foods are high on the glycemic index, BUT when consumed with protein and fat the glycemic load changes. Originally when foods were tested for the concept of Glycemic Index, foods were isolated and fed to individuals to then test subsequent blood sugar levels. The only thing is that we don't eat these foods by themselves unless you are on some sort of wacky mono diet. White rice has been the biggest nutritional staple in the world for thousands of years. White rice is single handledly the most hypo-allergenic food you can eat. That is something to take into account considering acne is an inflammatory disease, and inflammation not only comes from elevated insulin levels, but from undigested proteins leaking in the blood stream.

Now on to wheat. I could write an entire thesis on wheat, and I just might. This too gets probably get the worst wrap in the health industry, and it's not necessarily unjustified. Although, the real reason for such a high wheat intolerance lies in the immunity, and gut integrity of the individual. The actual genetic suseptibilty for this disease is approximatly less than 5 percent! That is, to have 2 forms of HLA-DQ protein molecule in your DNA. Now let me remind you in almost all cases I would recommend most people avoid wheat, but the issue on hand here with wheat is more complex. It's also important that people understand the dynamics of the human digestive tract, as well as fundamental endocrinology if you really want to examine acne's root causation.

A very important factor when considering your overall diet is to understand how the digestive tract works. Stress plays the largest role in the composition of villi integrity in the small and large intestine. What is usually referred to as "leaky gut", is generally a compromised gut tract, i.e. villi. When these villi are weak, and sparse it becomes very easy for proteins to leak into the blood stream. Stress comes in a number of forms but psychological stress can be the most powerful. How hard do you work on your diet? How much do you stress about the foods you are eating, and whether they are gluten free? wheat free? dairy free? etc....

The point of this is that, no one here has the right answer. Their are common themes amongst those that get clear, yes. But know that you are unique, and just because you read something doesn't mean that it applies to you. Your whole world can literally change in 2 seconds based on new information.

I'm not sure if I quite answered the question as you would have like, but rather saw this as a platform to address an issue.

You seem to already know the answer, and I also sent you a private message. Obviously, you know these items are suspect and to be cautious at the frequency, and size that you eat these type of foods.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/25/2013 3:30 am

Their are a lot, if not all nutritional camps that like to vilify wheat and white rice. Yes these foods are high on the glycemic index, BUT when consumed with protein and fat the glycemic load changes. Originally when foods were tested for the concept of Glycemic Index, foods were isolated and fed to individuals to then test subsequent blood sugar levels. The only thing is that we don't eat these foods by themselves unless you are on some sort of wacky mono diet. White rice has been the biggest nutritional staple in the world for thousands of years. White rice is single handledly the most hypo-allergenic food you can eat. That is something to take into account considering acne is an inflammatory disease, and inflammation not only comes from elevated insulin levels, but from undigested proteins leaking in the blood stream.

Now on to wheat. I could write an entire thesis on wheat, and I just might. This too gets probably get the worst wrap in the health industry, and it's not necessarily unjustified. Although, the real reason for such a high wheat intolerance lies in the immunity, and gut integrity of the individual. The actual genetic suseptibilty for this disease is approximatly less than 5 percent! That is, to have 2 forms of HLA-DQ protein molecule in your DNA. Now let me remind you in almost all cases I would recommend most people avoid wheat, but the issue on hand here with wheat is more complex. It's also important that people understand the dynamics of the human digestive tract, as well as fundamental endocrinology if you really want to examine acne's root causation.

A very important factor when considering your overall diet is to understand how the digestive tract works. Stress plays the largest role in the composition of villi integrity in the small and large intestine. What is usually referred to as "leaky gut", is generally a compromised gut tract, i.e. villi. When these villi are weak, and sparse it becomes very easy for proteins to leak into the blood stream. Stress comes in a number of forms but psychological stress can be the most powerful. How hard do you work on your diet? How much do you stress about the foods you are eating, and whether they are gluten free? wheat free? dairy free? etc....

The point of this is that, no one here has the right answer. Their are common themes amongst those that get clear, yes. But know that you are unique, and just because you read something doesn't mean that it applies to you. Your whole world can literally change in 2 seconds based on new information.

I'm not sure if I quite answered the question as you would have like, but rather saw this as a platform to address an issue.

You seem to already know the answer, and I also sent you a private message. Obviously, you know these items are suspect and to be cautious at the frequency, and size that you eat these type of foods.

Proteins. What if you just eat a lot of fat, and minimal protein.. than the protein won't be able to leak into the bloodstream since you are not consuming many proteins?

Also, do the villi generally replenish themselves after adopting a stress-free and nutritious diet?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/25/2013 4:00 am

thank u.

ur posts are always so so informative and helpful.

i would blog this quote of ur's ASAP.=)

am sure this would help many more,not just me.

i'd just like to add that i've always had wheat and white rice.

in my teen years as well as when i started having acne issues at abt 17-18..i am certain that it's stress that had worsened my acne.

i would like to believe that my gut is not intolerable to wheat or white rice(and yes,i have it with veggies,lentils and protein...there was a phase when i had it with just a lil' something like a vegetable and dal but no fish or chicken)..because i've been doing very good in phases.

i have a balanced diet.i have good fruits for skin like papaya,apple and cucumber everyday.

i have veggies in good amount..including sweet potato.

but then i also have potato..which i am pleased to say i've very less as compared to what i used to.(may be one medium size potato or so each day in simple light home made curry)

i have an egg almost 5 days a week and fish too,almost 5-6 days a week(or i swap it with chicken cooked in turmeric and olive oil...home made light curry)

i will track and try to maintain a proper BALANCED diet.and see if that has an positive effect on my body(gut),mind and soul.

i do free hand exercises,some yoga poses and pranayama(breathing exercises).on days when i dnt do these i dance for quite some time or simply walk around in my room for pretty long time.

i read and do things that would calm me down.

i'll keep a track and let u know.

thanks once again.

luck & love.

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/25/2013 5:39 am

I think the key is to eat proteins that you can digest effeciently, and to eat enough. Some people go on high protein diets, which increases their level of inflammation because they are not properly breaking it all down. Yes the villi can replenish themselves once the stress is diminshed, whether that be psychological, or from diet. The body has incredibly amazing healing ability.

aanabill, you're diet sounds really well rounded. In fact your whole program sounds very good :) Keep it up!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/25/2013 1:17 pm

Rice, although it still contains lectins that can do the same harm that gluten does. Just not so much. And it's they glycemic impact of the meal that matters. Not each food. It it with fat and protein and low glycemic veggies.

Also, what's good for an acne patient is what's good for human beings.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/25/2013 2:22 pm

I think the key is to eat proteins that you can digest effeciently, and to eat enough. Some people go on high protein diets, which increases their level of inflammation because they are not properly breaking it all down. Yes the villi can replenish themselves once the stress is diminshed, whether that be psychological, or from diet. The body has incredibly amazing healing ability.

aanabill, you're diet sounds really well rounded. In fact your whole program sounds very good smile.png Keep it up!

thank u=)

i am quite sure i love u after all the conversations we have!!grinwink.gif

Rice, although it still contains lectins that can do the same harm that gluten does. Just not so much. And it's they glycemic impact of the meal that matters. Not each food. It it with fat and protein and low glycemic veggies.

i'm omitting the whole wheat roti(indian flat bread) that i used to have in dinner with white rice..just for a trial.

and check if it does effect in any way.

yes,i have veggies and fish with it.also dal(lentils) and something bitter like bitter gourd or neem leaves.(most of the days)

u're right..i keep telling my mum n dad to have a good diet and eliminate stuff but i think it's not a must for them to omit a thing or two like whole wheat etc for they dnt seem to be effected too badly.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/25/2013 2:37 pm

aanabill, you're diet sounds really well rounded. In fact your whole program sounds very good smile.png Keep it up!

thank u=)

>Rice, although it still contains lectins that can do the same harm that gluten does. Just not so much. And it's they glycemic impact of the meal that matters. Not each food. It it with fat and protein and low glycemic veggies.

i'm omitting the whole wheat roti(indian flat bread) that i used to have in dinner with white rice..just for a trial.

yes,i have veggies and fish with it.also dal(lentils) and something bitter like bitter gourd or neem leaves.(most of the days)

u're right..i keep telling my mum n dad to have a good diet and eliminate stuff but i think it's not a must for them to omit a thing or two like whole wheat etc for they dnt seem to be effected too badly.

You might not have a problem eating a little wheat either.

IF it's prepared properly, the harmful anti nutrients are reduced. - such as via long fermentation.

And if you combine it with the right foods, harmful antinutrients get bound up so they don't harm your digestive tract. Now with gluten, there aren't that many sources of the beneficial nutrients. Eggs are one. And mushrooms/fungus which includes yeast.

and then there are foods that repair the harm done which includes any thing mucilagenous aka slimy. Okra, cactus, flax, chia, purslane...

The problem is that today, most people eat a ton of refined wheat, not prepared properly and don't eat enough of the foods that reduce and repair the harm.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/25/2013 2:57 pm

thank u=)

>Rice, although it still contains lectins that can do the same harm that gluten does. Just not so much. And it's they glycemic impact of the meal that matters. Not each food. It it with fat and protein and low glycemic veggies.

Also, what's good for an acne patient is what's good for human b

eings.

IF it's prepared properly, the harmful anti nutrients are reduced. - such as via long fermentation.

And if you combine it with the right foods, harmful antinutrients get bound up so they don't harm your digestive tract. Now with gluten, there aren't that many sources of the beneficial nutrients. Eggs are one. And mushrooms/fungus which includes yeast.

and then there are foods that repair the harm done which includes any thing mucilagenous aka slimy. Okra, cactus, flax, chia, purslane...

The problem is that today, most people eat a ton of refined wheat, not prepared properly and don't eat enough of the foods that reduce and repair the harm.

actually roti or chapati ,our flat bread isn't really a fermented bread.

it's whole wheat(we dont use refined flour which many indian families use) mixed with warm water,dough made and we flatten it and cook it on gas oven.(on a tawa or directly on fire)

is it necessary to have egg with wheat/gluten?

i've an egg almost everyday..once a day mostly in breakfast or in the evening snack..won't that do?

okra is called ladies finger or bhindi here.

i've heard it's great for it helps in improving bowel movement.

the problem is there are many veggies,fish etc that we dont get here(or they aint very common) like salmon,cactus,kale..so we have to find substitute..i try to have spinach instead,and all kind of river/sea fish.

is chia seed called black seed or nigella seed??then we get it here.

i've no idea about purslane or flax being common in india.

so,i'll make sure i have lots of okra or bhindi everyday with rice.

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/25/2013 4:05 pm

Actually, the harmful lectins and anti-nutrients are in the bran of the rice husk.

Generally acne patients tent to adopt a low carbohydrate diet, which is clincally documented to cause reduced thyroid function in long-term studies. Glucose is necessary for the conversion of T4 to T3 in the liver. Also, documented is the widespread use of dietary carbohydrates as the basis of most diets in the world, AND low prevalence of acne. Two of the largest staples in the world's diet are wheat, and white rice. I think what's good for human beings is still yet to be wholly determined.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/25/2013 6:40 pm

thank u=)

it's whole wheat(we dont use refined flour which many indian families use) mixed with warm water,dough made and we flatten it and cook it on gas oven.(on a tawa or directly on fire)

i've an egg almost everyday..once a day mostly in breakfast or in the evening snack..won't that do?

the problem is there are many veggies,fish etc that we dont get here(or they aint very common) like salmon,cactus,kale..so we have to find substitute..i try to have spinach instead,and all kind of river/sea fish.

Do you soak the wheat? Chia is native to Mexico. I think flax is a cool climate thing. It's what they make linen fabric from. Any seed you eat that forms a gel when soaked in water as chia does should do.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 04/25/2013 9:58 pm

I eat rice at least 2 times a day.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/26/2013 1:50 am

Actually, the harmful lectins and anti-nutrients are in the bran of the rice husk.

Generally acne patients tent to adopt a low carbohydrate diet, which is clincally documented to cause reduced thyroid function in long-term studies. Glucose is necessary for the conversion of T4 to T3 in the liver. Also, documented is the widespread use of dietary carbohydrates as the basis of most diets in the world, AND low prevalence of acne. Two of the largest staples in the world's diet are wheat, and white rice. I think what's good for human beings is still yet to be wholly determined.

whole wheat is suppose to include that bran right?

whereas the refined flour(maida) is not..so does that refined flour is good that way? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maida_flour

am not sure.

whereas white rice is husk-less!The husk or bran is the tough skin, like you find on the outside of brown rice. This is very high in dietary fibre. people chose brown rice over white..so aint they wrong?

now a days,rice-bran oil is a craze here..it's suppose to be great for heart n cholesterol.

thank u=)

time="1">

Also, what's good for an acne patient is what's good for human beings.ockquote>i'm omitting the whole wheat roti(indian flat bread) that i used to have in dinner with white rice..just for a trial.

u're right..i keep telling my mum n dad to have a good diet and eliminate stuff but i think it's not a must for them to omit a thing or two like whole wheat etc for they dnt seem to be effected too ba

dly.

Do you soak the wheat? Chia is native to Mexico. I think flax is a cool climate thing. It's what they make linen fabric from. Any seed you eat that forms a gel when soaked in water as chia does should do.

no,i dnt think so.

we get it as wheat flour.

which is usually made this way : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atta_flour

i checked and i dnt think chia is commonly taken here.

or flax.

i've made it a point to take okra (boiled,in case there's no curry made of it) almost everday.any thing else that works similarly?

about the egg.is it necessary to have egg with wheat/gluten?

no,i dnt think so.

we get it as wheat flour.

which is usually made this way : http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Atta_flour

i checked and i dnt think chia is commonly taken here.

or flax.

i've made it a point to take okra (boiled,in case there's no curry made of it) almost everday.any thing else that works similarly?

about the egg.is it necessary to have egg with wheat/gluten?

what do u guys think about multi-grain flour?

which is another hyped item here.

I eat rice at least 2 times a day.

i've been doing that recently.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/26/2013 4:35 am

just went through a site and they said 'tomato' and 'carrot' (specially when cooked) have bad effects on acne.

is it LYCOPENE?

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/26/2013 6:07 am

It sounds like you're over analyzing the diet. Try and do the best you can. It's great to have a diverse diet. It sounds like your diet is made up of a lot of traditional Indian staples. Their are a lot of americans on this board here, and america has no traditional diet what so ever. The benefits of a traditional diet, especially one with roots that are thousands of years old are that your genetics have had many years to be able to digest these foods effeciently. Not only that but these foods presented in your culture have been passed down for so many generations that they have almost been perfected to suit your cultures dietary and nutritional needs. Unfortunatly the globilization of America has created an overglorification of an American lifestyle, which might be far from ideal. America is a country that has barely any tradition or cultural roots. The diet is immature, and lacking in many areas. That is why so many american's are notorious for trying so many different dietary things, because they have not been taught based on years of tradition. I am an American, and love being here, but I think Americans are the last culture that should be giving dietary advice, as it is literally the most unhealthy in the world.

I hope this post does not seem unpatriotic, but it bothers me the rather ethnocentric views that americans have, and the globilzation of our immature culture into others. I am alarmed that no one else would suggest that you merely make small tweaks to a diet that has been passed down to you for generations!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/26/2013 7:45 am

Lectins are in the embyos of the seeds. For rice, it says they are in the periphery of the embryonic roots. There may be fewer anti nutrients in refined grains overall, but they are still there.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/barley-rye-and-rice-all-contain-chitin-binding-lectins-similar-wheat-lectin-wga

And yeah, the egg is to bind up lectins as you eat them. The okra, on the other hand, is for healing the digestive tract, so you just want to have it frequently.

Do you happen to eat insects? Because their exoskeletons and fungus (mushrooms, yeast) cell walls are made from the same n-acetyl- glucosamine they your digestive tract is lined with, and so the lectins bind to those foods.

If I were you, I'd try avoiding grains completely for about a month or so, and then you can try adding them back in. Keep up the healing foods.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/26/2013 11:00 am

It sounds like you're over analyzing the diet. Try and do the best you can. It's great to have a diverse diet. It sounds like your diet is made up of a lot of traditional Indian staples. Their are a lot of americans on this board here, and america has no traditional diet what so ever. The benefits of a traditional diet, especially one with roots that are thousands of years old are that your genetics have had many years to be able to digest these foods effeciently. Not only that but these foods presented in your culture have been passed down for so many generations that they have almost been perfected to suit your cultures dietary and nutritional needs. Unfortunatly the globilization of America has created an overglorification of an American lifestyle, which might be far from ideal. America is a country that has barely any tradition or cultural roots. The diet is immature, and lacking in many areas. That is why so many american's are notorious for trying so many different dietary things, because they have not been taught based on years of tradition. I am an American, and love being here, but I think Americans are the last culture that should be giving dietary advice, as it is literally the most unhealthy in the world.

I hope this post does not seem unpatriotic, but it bothers me the rather ethnocentric views that americans have, and the globilzation of our immature culture into others. I am alarmed that no one else would suggest that you merely make small tweaks to a diet that has been passed down to you for generations!

i guess yes!=(

u're right..my relatives in America ,i feel, don't eat the right food.

i think it's also the kind of lifestyle most people there lead that effects their food habits..but since there's awareness and changes are happening i'd hope and believe that something better is to happen.

as for my diet,yes,it's very indian .in fact it;s very bengali.(am from the state of Bengal.and here in India food habits and other dietary aspects are different in different states).white rice and fish are two big things in bengal.so is wheat in the urban places.

also,other veggies like potato, gourds, spinach, and chicken are common here.i've increased my fruits..about 2-3 fruits(papaya,apple,cucumber.grapes etc) which is common but not that uncommon as well.i mean people have fruits but with busy lives it's mostly complete meals and now a days refined goods.

i avoid refines goods.i have stopped dairy,have very very less sugar,no candy,dessert etc,less oily/spicy food,no cakes/biscuits/cookies/fast food.

biscuits once in a while ,if taken are digestive ones.which less sugar and whole wheat.but i'll stop them now on.

i indulge but not very often.

with that in mind ,i'd request u check this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328344-holiday-indulgencecompensation-please-help/

although i've added new stuff like extra virgin olive oil which is not a native thing..but the basic diet remains very bengali.very indian.

no,u din't sound unpatriotic.

u're just stating facts.

i've heard many talk about this.it's a concern really.

although,as far as i know new stuff are coming up there.organic stores,farmers market etc which i suppose are excellent for here,in India people .commoners can only get goods which are sold in normal lcoal markets.which i believe has both organic and chemically done up food items.

no choice!

the very very few organic stores are like five star expensive!

people in BMWs get them!crazy.gif

Lectins are in the embyos of the seeds. For rice, it says they are in the periphery of the embryonic roots. There may be fewer anti nutrients in refined grains overall, but they are still there.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/barley-rye-and-rice-all-contain-chitin-binding-lectins-similar-wheat-lectin-wga

And yeah, the egg is to bind up lectins as you eat them. The okra, on the other hand, is for healing the digestive tract, so you just want to have it frequently.

Do you happen to eat insects? Because their exoskeletons and fungus (mushrooms, yeast) cell walls are made from the same n-acetyl- glucosamine they your digestive tract is lined with, and so the lectins bind to those foods.

If I were you, I'd try avoiding grains completely for about a month or so, and then you can try adding them back in. Keep up the healing foods.

the concern about refined grains are that they are chemically bleached.dont u think so?

i mean its a common idea that refined flour is bad while whole wheat is better.now that u talk about low% of anti-nutrients in them..so the only possible bad effect should be from that of bleaching.saywhat.gif

i am sorry if am being repetitive but what i meant is is it a must to have egg with lectin or i can have it anytime of the day n still have same effect??

no,insects are part of chinese and korean diet mainly.indians in general dnt have insects.

mushroom is quite common these days..it's not a part of traditional indian cuisine but i think i will start taking it.since its good n available.

yes,i've a gap(holiday where i can't really eat my food,,i'll probably have bad stuffstrongsad.gif for its a group holiday.won't have a choice) but after am back..i'll start no wheat diet.(i dnt think i have anything else with gluten ,really)

i'd taken ur advice the last time u told me and even now am having rice instead.

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/26/2013 6:35 pm

Considering that you don't eat wheat very often, I think the fact that commercial wheat is bromated, and bleached is inconsequential to your situation. I think you can still enjoy small amounts within reason. I believe you can enjoy eggs freely as well. Sticking to the foods are available, and of a whole food source sound like a great idea for you.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 6:59 am

Considering that you don't eat wheat very often, I think the fact that commercial wheat is bromated, and bleached is inconsequential to your situation. I think you can still enjoy small amounts within reason. I believe you can enjoy eggs freely as well. Sticking to the foods are available, and of a whole food source sound like a great idea for you.

hi!

u must have got me wrong.i used to have whole wheat flat breads(which i figured are similar to tortillas from west world) for dinner everyday..it's a dinner staple here.infact it's indian staple.

but its just recently that am trying to test if wheat does have any effect on me.

so am avoiding it for a mnth or more.

if i figure out that am not effected much or at all..i believe i'll stick to my whole wheat rotis for dinner.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/27/2013 8:08 am

You have the egg or.mushroomor other chitin source with the food that contains the chitin binding lectin.

Why don't you have those fermented lentil buns and pancakes. Idlis?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:00 am

You have the egg or.mushroomor other chitin source with the food that contains the chitin binding lectin.

=)

idlis are rice flour and soaked lentils.steamed.

its a south indian food.

am from eastern part ...we have it but its not a part of our daily diet.

do u say soaked lentils are good?

i have lentils of different kind each day.everyday.

but they soaked.

just boiled and stirred later with seasonings and lil' oil.i add carrots in them

.we call it dal.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:19 pm

=)

idlis are rice flour and soaked lentils.steamed.

its a south indian food.

am from eastern part ...we have it but its not a part of our daily diet.

do u say soaked lentils are good?

i have lentils of different kind each day.everyday.

but they soaked.

just boiled and stirred later with seasonings and lil' oil.i add carrots in them

.we call it dal.

Lentils are fairly harmless lectin wise, but it still depends on how sensitive you might be. And it's always better to soak seeds to make them think its spring and time to grow. It reduces the antinutriens and makes minerals more bioavailable.

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:59 pm

Well testing is always a good route to find how you react to foods. What is your blood type?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 1:37 am

Well testing is always a good route to find how you react to foods. What is your blood type?

u mean blood group?

b +

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 04/29/2013 1:02 pm

aanabil something which you can try instead of chia seeds is tulsi seeds or sabja (which they use to make falooda) and put it in water. It will absorb it and become gelatinous. It is very good to calm your body heat especially after eating all our spicy curries.

Try it out..I have it daily..