Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo + Antibiotics Help!

MemberMember
(@lauren123456)

Posted : 04/24/2013 11:01 am

Hi everyone,

I have mild acne, and I was recently prescribed epiduo and the antibiotic AKAMIN, by my doctor! It has been 11 days so far, and nothing much has changed as I still get the same amount of blemishes and such as I did before! The only problem I'm having is with the Epiduo! I know that the itching, redness, stinging and blotchiness is common, however, it has been so painful I have had to put ice on my face because it was so swollen! I generally have a high tolerance towards pain, but this is just extremely painful!! I stopped using it for 2 nights, then went back on it, but it is still causing such painful irritation! HELP!! And does anybody know when I should start seeing results? Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/24/2013 5:38 pm

If your face is swollen it could very well be an allergy to BP. Stop using it to see if your face goes back to normal then try again. Itchiness and dryness is normal. Pain and swolleness is not

MemberMember
(@lauren123456)

Posted : 04/24/2013 10:57 pm

If your face is swollen it could very well be an allergy to BP. Stop using it to see if your face goes back to normal then try again. Itchiness and dryness is normal. Pain and swolleness is not

I have use BP before and I never had a bad reaction to it! I'm not too sure what it could be 🙁 thanks so much for your help!!

MemberMember
(@xabier94)

Posted : 05/02/2013 9:13 am

Hi everyone,

I have mild acne, and I was recently prescribed epiduo and the antibiotic AKAMIN, by my doctor! It has been 11 days so far, and nothing much has changed as I still get the same amount of blemishes and such as I did before! The only problem I'm having is with the Epiduo! I know that the itching, redness, stinging and blotchiness is common, however, it has been so painful I have had to put ice on my face because it was so swollen! I generally have a high tolerance towards pain, but this is just extremely painful!! I stopped using it for 2 nights, then went back on it, but it is still causing such painful irritation! HELP!! And does anybody know when I should start seeing results? Thanks!!

I had the same problem with epiduo gel. I couldn't even sleep so in the middle of the night I would go to the bathroom to wash my face because the itching was unbearable.

My derm told me to use it one night on one night off, and to only apply it on pimples, not on big areas (sorry for my english in this last sentence)

This really helped me because epiduo dryed pimples and the rest of my skin didn't itch and didn't get red. I guess we are very sensitive to epiduo.

Other thing you could do would be to use it one day on one day off and small amounts until you feel your skin gets accustomed to it.

Good luck.