Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothmove

Msm Cream Anyone?

I tried it. it didn't show any more results for me than copper peptides and retinol. I stopped using it because it was clogging my pores and creating blackheads and whiteheads and stuff. They went away when I stopped using it. (well I always have small ones here and there but they were very noticeably worse while using msm cream) I recommend taking msm orally. I had read that it isn't absorbed very easily through the skin any ways.

I came across that article a few weeks ago. Deep down, I knew it was BS, but since I had MSM just sitting here, I thought I'd give it a try. I crushed up a couple of MSM pills- mixed it with water and applied it to my face, at night. I applied this ghostly white mask for approx. 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I stopped because it was making me more oily than before with the added bonus of very prominent blackheads, which I don't usually have. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the cream. It may help moisturize, but it will do nothing for your scars.

MSM may not be that great topically, but i will tell you..I took 3K milligrams of MSM daily for many years and my hair and nails grew like crazy. I have no idea why I stopped. Recently, I read that MSM is connected to many negative side effects. Now I'm hesistant to try it again.