Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Products International

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/23/2013 8:47 pm

Reading a few posts (new and old) and see that some people quitting the regimen because of the price. Now, I actually think Dan has priced his products pretty fairly. He provides a good amount of product for the amount we all pay. I think the killer here are the international shipping charges.

It just makes me sad that people quit before they get any good results because they can't afford to buy the expensive store bought BP or that they can't afford the international shipping charges from Dan's products.

The regimen has helped me and other people out there. Now, I live in the Philippes so I use store bought products but I would love to have access to Dan's products w/o those damn shipping fees.

Is anyone else with me on this? How can we get Dan's to have his products sold in stores worldwide w/o killing out wallets???? Dan needs to make this happen.

Hahaha. Anyway, this sorta sounds like a cry for help...but yeah. I totally feel for us peeps outside the US.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/23/2013 11:53 pm

I'm from Australia, ordered Dan's BP and AHA+ 2 weeks ago and got the products this morning. I found the time I waited reasonable, but the priced I paid for the weight ($20 shipping and no insurance if it got damaged) discouraged me from buying more products. I wish the shipping fee wasn't so much otherwise I would have bought the jojoba oil and not buy it from another site. Dan can't really do much about the shipping fees but can branch his products overseas... I guess he needs the funding for that?..

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/24/2013 1:04 am

Yeah, most likely. I mean, I would prefer to have this in drugstores than Proactiv. Just such a shame that these amazing products aren't that readily available everywhere.

I live in the Philippines and they don't have a guarantee that the products will even arrive. So, I wasn't willing to risk ordering online even with the enormous shipping costs.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 04/24/2013 2:53 am

Definitely with you on this, 1000%.

I doubt he'd be able to sell the BP in Europe, (as it is banned without a subscription).. but I'd love to try his other products. The shipping costs mean i have to try other brands instead... which may not have actually been any good for me. Its only through a lot of trial & error (and self education) that I've found store brands which work (although i still use his BP)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/24/2013 4:24 am

I doubt he'd be able to sell the BP in Europe, (as it is banned without a subscription).. but I'd love to try his other products. The shipping costs mean i have to try other brands instead... which may not have actually been any good for me. Its only through a lot of trial & error (and self education) that I've found store brands which work (although i still use his BP)

If ever that would happen and it would need a prescription, then we would all have to go to our doctors, but at least having it available in big batches would be so much easier than getting them in those tiny tubes. They just come out really expensive.

We need some kind of petition for this or something.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/24/2013 5:10 am

I guess it all comes down to profit, sales and funding towards getting the product overseas... It's a shame these products aren't easily available where I live but I don't mind paying the $20 for postage and waiting two weeks really... It could be worse.. I am so happy with his BP and AHA so far and I only started using it today.. :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/24/2013 7:32 am

That's true. I guess I am just not willing to risk the money because it might not get shipped to the Philippines. Thankfully I have friends that often come home from the US and I will try to let them bring me a few bottles of BP. Haha.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/24/2013 1:54 pm

Not only that, in the UK there's no alternative products that have the same amount of product. You can get tubes of BP that have the smallest amount in them, it's probably what we'd normally use on our whole faces in a day when doing the regimen.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 04/24/2013 3:17 pm

I don't have much to add here, other than I'd like you guys to know we're always listening and we will continue to look for new avenues to make the products more accessible to people outside of the US (me included).

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/25/2013 3:27 am

I don't have much to add here, other than I'd like you guys to know we're always listening and we will continue to look for new avenues to make the products more accessible to people outside of the US (me included).

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@garza)

Posted : 04/25/2013 10:22 am

I was just saying this in another thread and then came across this one. I saw this tip here before: buying the products through US Amazon could shave a little off the shipping cost. (I don't know if this is simply an oversight on the part of the staff responsible for listing the products on Amazon?)

I looked into getting the 8oz BP only:

For shipping to Canada (where I am) I find it to be $6.74 on Amazon US compared to $10.70 on acne.org

For shipping to UK (where I used to be) I find it to be $11.68 on Amazon US compared to $16.45 on acne.org

Quite a saving in both cases.

For me it works out considerably cheaper, even with shipping, to buy the acne.org BP instead of the local product I was using. As I just said in another thread, it is $10 per 100ml for Dan's BP incl shipping, compared to $36 per 100ml for my local alternative - insane savings! (The same can't be said of the cleanser and moisturiser unfortunately, particularly when you consider the additional duty/tax you risk incurring on larger orders.)

I can imagine it might not be so clear cut for people in other locations, though.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 04/25/2013 6:48 pm

I don't know about the number of packages leaving the Acne.org warehouse everyday, but if the volume is high enough, they could negotiate better shipping costs. I know that one of my clients saved about $40,000 a month, only by talking to a different courier (DHL instead of UPS). Companies like iHerb ship to Europe for as little as $4 (no insurance/tracking), and choosing DHL over UPS saves about 50% ($12 vs. $24, both offer track&trace). Quite a difference. Maybe something to look into.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/26/2013 7:31 am

I buy my vitamins and jojoba oil from iHerb, they are pretty good!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/28/2013 6:32 am

Just want to point out that you can actually buy BP in shops (speaking for the UK) but its over the counter only so you have to ask for it, and you have to be over 16 to buy it yourself. But you can get it without a doctor :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-michelle)

Posted : 04/28/2013 8:28 am

I have had acne since I was 14 and now I`m 36. Used hydrogen peroxide, seen a dermatologist and used proactive. Don`t get me wrong, yeah proactive works but it contains benzoyle peroxide, which causes pre mature aging. Peroxide kills all cells (if Im wrong), alcohol dries and irritates. So I started using this organic product that is well reputable for anti-aging from Whole Foods. Also, after I wash my face every morning and night, I get some morning urine and a cotton ball. I use it all over my face like a toner. I leave it on for an 1/2 hr. to an hr and rinse it off with cool water. My acne seems to hurt a lot less and it is well worth it. Other acne products are very damaging and health risks to your skin especially (seriously)

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:06 am

I have had acne since I was 14 and now I`m 36. Used hydrogen peroxide, seen a dermatologist and used proactive. Don`t get me wrong, yeah proactive works but it contains benzoyle peroxide, which causes pre mature aging. Peroxide kills all cells (if Im wrong), alcohol dries and irritates. So I started using this organic product that is well reputable for anti-aging from Whole Foods. Also, after I wash my face every morning and night, I get some morning urine and a cotton ball. I use it all over my face like a toner. I leave it on for an 1/2 hr. to an hr and rinse it off with cool water. My acne seems to hurt a lot less and it is well worth it. Other acne products are very damaging and health risks to your skin especially (seriously)

Do you know whats damaging for your skin? Acne. So it's a lose lose situation. I tried the whole natural thing for 2 years, it didn't do anything for me as it didn't clear up my skin. I would rather have a few wrinkles than acne and thats saying something...

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/29/2013 8:28 am

Different things work for different people. I say do your research and see what the pros and the cons are of each things you want to try and what you can live with. Acne is hard enough to live with without being judged by others so please let us not do it here.

MemberMember
(@mrsuitntie)

Posted : 05/03/2013 2:54 pm

IDK I think something fishy is going on, but then again I don't know much about anything. What that guy said about amazon is right...

Ordering from acne.org

Subtotal:

$52.64

Shipping & Handling:

$23.30

Tax:

$0.00clear1x1.gifclear1x1.gif

Total:

$75.94

Ordring from Amazon.com

Items (2)

$63.22 Total before tax
$0.00 Estimated tax to be collected
$63.22 Estimated order total
i dont get it shouldnt they be the same? i'm just ganna order from amazon.com now