Notifications
Clear all

We All Need To Just Wake Up

MemberMember
(@veteran999)

Posted : 04/23/2013 8:29 pm

Ok guys if youve read my previous threads I have been on this freaken site for close to a decade trying to find ways to cure my acne and scars. For the most part it has helped me learn ways to keep my acne under control and the different options available for scar treatments. However that being said I am writing this post tonight to just vent at some of you people. Yes I;ve been depressed, obsessive over my skin, paid a boatload of money on products that didnt do a darn thing, and had issues in my personal life due to acne and scars. This "Emotional and psychological effects" section was the one place I always tried to avoid. I personally think some of you are ruining your lives just overthinking and obsessing over skin issues. Im not saying I didnt but am trying to tell you guys its a waste of your youth to just ruin the one life that you have. I am turning 30 in a couple months and i refuse to let this crap bother me anymore. For the most part im healthy, strong, smart, and hope my future is bright. Why should I look in the mirror every morning and stress about why my skin looks a certain way. I cant live my life that way anymore and choose not to. I hope someone in this world can read this and think the same way. Its just really not worth it trust me! You can either let this crap ruin your life or you can just say "F" it and do what you can to enjoy life. I choose to be thankful I have my eyes to see, my legs to walk, my hands to touch, and can go places as i please. Their are plenty of people in this world who dont have that option so be humble with the life God gave you. Good night and good luck to you all.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/23/2013 10:08 pm

yea man I hear you I just turned 31 and I'm feeling the same way as you. I need to break out of this cycle of depression I'm putting myself in. I wasted my 20's away now I'm on my way to waste my 30's. I can't let that happen. My acne itself isn't that bad anymore even tho I still break out. I'm super bummed about the pitted scars it left behind. They are pretty bad, especially compared to a lot of people on here who post their pictures complaining about their scars.

Anyway I really need to start living life. Do shit. Stop being a recluse because of my skin. Do you have any advice on how to start? lol its fucking hard bro.

MemberMember
(@veteran999)

Posted : 04/23/2013 11:19 pm

I wasnt going to curse and keep it clean but I fucken feel you brother. I started by eating healthy and just going to the gym. It makes you feel better and relieves alot of stress. Just find something you love and stick with it. I even got a blind date coming up and im terrified to be honest. Ive never done such a thing but i need to do crazy stuff like this to just get over some of the fears i guess. I just dont want to be 80 years old and totally regret the life that I lived. Just imagine the stuff you can really do in your 30s and not let stupid acne scars slow you down. Have you ever seen that guy Seal? The freaken guy has a huge scar on his face and is married to a super model. Even Brad Pitt has minor acne scarring and Michelle Pfeifer. The point is just live it up bro! Plenty of people going through worse stuff in their lives and they dont complain. You ever see the stories about those people who lose a leg or arm and are completely happy, humble people after these incidents. If they can get through it we can too. Its the media and their definition of beauty that is messing with our brains. Hope this all make sense to you and it all works out. I know for a fact this shit is not going to dictate how i live my life. Good luck bro!

And to be completely honest with you I recently came back to this site. I think the longer you stay on this site the more you obsess about the facial flaws. Dont get me wrong this site has been alot of help but it definitely doesnt beat going out and living life.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/24/2013 7:19 pm

The blind date thing would be a nightmare for me! I recently was offered to be set-up on a blind date but I turned it down. No way I would have the confidence to do that. Let me know how it goes man!

This site has actually helped me a lot. Before I signed up recently I had no outlet at all I was contemplating hiring a shrink but posting on this site and just corresponding with people like you and a couple of others kind of makes me feel good. But your right it doesn't beat going out and living life. I wish I could. I have to break out of this.

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 04/25/2013 11:54 pm

Hey guys, I feel you both. I'm 28 and suffered (actually I should say ALLOWED myself to suffer) from acne for many many years in the past. I think the title of this thread is great. "Wake up" is a great way of putting it cause in a way, metaphorically and literally, we are still asleep. A little acceptance goes a long way. As a matter of fact, by learning to accept your "condition" and letting go - you've taken the first and most crucial step in recovery, aka awakening. I'm not talking about anything spiritual or mystical. The proof shows in your physical appearance as well as in your mental state. Make the choice! No one else can do it for you. The sooner you realize that there is no such product or piece of information out there that can make you deeply satisfied with yourself, the better.

The op had a great idea about doing what you love. Following your passion is by far the best way to "heal". Whatever damage you think you may have done already or whatever time you think you've wasted, leave it behind. DROP IT! Look at what you've gained through the suffering. I repeat: LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE GAINED THROUGH THE SUFFERING.

The lessons you've learned through dealing with your condition are priceless. You've gained wisdom, or whatever you want to call it. Emotional intelligence, the ability to look deeply within yourself and others. These characteristics, and many others which you've learned, will serve you well. We all know how shallow and ignorant and selfish and etc people can be, esp those who haven't had a taste of suffering like we have. But we mustn't wish suffering on them. That doesn't solve the problem. The "problem " is our own perception. simple. our own perception.

Here is the highlight of my post: Once we learn to shift our perception of ourselves, the result will be a shift in perception towards everyone and everything else. Nothing at all, esp some silly skin flaw, can take away at all from the joy of having control of yourself, your thoughts, and your emotions.

THIS IS YOUR LIFE PEOPLE. NO ONE ELSE'S!!!! :):) ::) good luck