Notifications
Clear all

Hard Painless Lump Post-Cyst?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/23/2013 1:31 pm

Most of my cysts completely disappear but i've had a couple that even though the swelling and pain has gone, theres still a hard lump where it used to be - is there anything I can do to help it drain away without sticking a needle in my face?

Also, if anyone else experiences this, most of my cysts leave a purpley mark behind that looks like trapped blood, like the cyst filled with blood and its still there? Some of them have been there for a year and have faded like 20% if that. They dont go white/ fade into the skin when you press down on them (some of them do slightly)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/23/2013 1:50 pm

its been abt 2 mnths now..the hard lump(just like u) seems to lessen with time for me.

i had a quite big cystic acne with swelling around it..on my jawline,

i never poked it..my derma asked me to not touch it excpt for cleaning it and follow my regular routine.

it had popped itself,i just cleaned the dried up stuff that clogged its mouth and applied clingard(clindamycin gel) n microbenz(bp) on it as per routine.

the swelling remained and i think not all the pus came out since i dint force it to..but it all went away with time..

now there's hardly anything except for pih(small enough compared to the big cyst i had).

hope the same happns to u.

MemberMember
(@kelseylee)

Posted : 04/23/2013 4:43 pm

It will fade over time, esp if you use the right products. don't put BP on healing cysts tho or healing pimples--it makes them scar worse(!!). use neosporin or low % salycilic acid. I find african black soap gets at old hard bumps and hardened pores. I had one on my forehead for I think 5 years, just a hard bump that was a couple layers of skin under and there was no way it could be extracted and it was resistant to a lot of products. been using african black soap for about a month and a half and it's almost gone smile.png I noticed the other day it had gotten a lot smaller and now it's barely there. I would definitely look into some good products for these kinds of post-cysts or just hardened clogged pores because in my experience they had trouble just going away on their own like I thought they would.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/23/2013 7:51 pm

YES! I get those from time to time and they're really annoying as fuck!! I still have a couple of them around my jawline.I had one on my chin and the swelling, pain and redness came back and "became" a cyst again. Eventually, it "ripened" and all the pus came out and now it has flattened a lot. It's still red, though, but I guess that will fade after.