Notifications
Clear all

Organic Acne Treatment?

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:30 pm

So lately I've been really interested in organic skincare. I don't know why. My whole motto about skincare is, "If it's working, why change it?" or "If it's not broken, don't fix it".... But is it really working?

I was looking through my pile of what I call "skincare" products, which are basically a bunch of chemicals, and honestly, I thought I knew what ingredients to avoid but I don't think I know the half of it. I can't tell you ANYTHING about 98% of the ingredients in my products. None. Now, the products I use I do not use in a harmful way. I use them properly, how they should be used.

I'm a Cerave-Cetaphil kinda person. I don't just go into my local drugstore and pull random products off the shelves saying, "Heck I wonder if this will work!" I like to do research. By research, I mean reading the reviews.

Anyway, if you've bothered to read my recent posts you'd know that I was on the Acne.org regimen last year, and loving it. I used all their products, and then sort of trailed off onto my own regimen. Though I could switch out cleansers and moisturizers, two things always stayed the same. I always kept my Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide and Jojoba Oil. Those things remain my must-haves.

However, despite my love for the products I have, I've been searching for more natural skincare products. The thing that sells me about it is actually knowing where and what the product comes from. "Avocado Oil," gee I wonder where that comes from! My question of the day to this forum is, what do you think about having a mostly natural skincare regimen with the exception of Benzoyl Peroxide? Since BP is already a chemical, why should I be putting MORE unneeded chemicals onto my skin? Here are the products that I've been researching lately:

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

• Burt's Bees Intense Hydrating Cleansing Cream
  • HEALTH FOOD STORES/NATURAL PRODUCTS:

• Unrefined, Extra Virgin, Cold-Pressed, Organic Coconut Oil
    • Unrefined, Organic Shea Butter
    • Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser (organic)
    • Juice Beauty Milk Cleanser (also organic)

If any of you have any input on these products mentioned (I'm very curious about them) or just organic products in general please start a discussion in the comments. Tell me what you think, if you have any tips for me, please share them. I would love to read your responses, so don't be shy! If you are in the same boat as me, please let me know so we can experiment together! Yay!

MemberMember
    (@binga)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:52 pm

these won't cure acne. Go to a derm and look at dietary modifications and supplements.

MemberMember
    (@lizhernandez)

Posted : 04/25/2013 1:30 pm

Michael Todd true organics!! Look it up I've been using it for about five months I love it & all but I think since I have acne more on the mild/moderate side I've seen results but not dramatically so that's why I'm thinking of switching over to the regimen & hopefully that works & then I'll go back to mtto cause I've had acne for about three years and nothing has worked 100% let's just hope the regimen does :)

MemberMember
    (@skintuition)

Posted : 04/25/2013 1:46 pm

Michael Todd true organics!! Look it up I've been using it for about five months I love it & all but I think since I have acne more on the mild/moderate side I've seen results but not dramatically so that's why I'm thinking of switching over to the regimen & hopefully that works & then I'll go back to mtto cause I've had acne for about three years and nothing has worked 100% let's just hope the regimen does smile.png

i've heard a lot about Michael Todd, a lot of people says it works really well. I'm definitely going to check it out per your recommendation. I didn't know it was Organic! Lol I'm kind of in the opposite boat, I'm kind of trying to veer off the regimen and go for more natural products - though I still want to use the Acne.org BP because it works WONDERS! I'm just looking for more natural cleansers and moisturizers.

I was on the Regimen last year, (kind of still am) and it cleared up all my acne but my skin was flaking so bad I had to stop using so much BP. My advice to you is, if you're interested in the regimen, just order the Acne.org BP and Jojoba Oil and use them along with your natural products. The BP and Jojoba are BY FAR the best products acne.org has. They're amazing, i've been using them for over a year now. (not just by themselves of course, I use other cleansers and moisturizers lol)

MemberMember
    (@lizhernandez)

Posted : 04/26/2013 6:51 am

Michael Todd true organics!! Look it up I've been using it for about five months I love it & all but I think since I have acne more on the mild/moderate side I've seen results but not dramatically so that's why I'm thinking of switching over to the regimen & hopefully that works & then I'll go back to mtto cause I've had acne for about three years and nothing has worked 100% let's just hope the regimen does smile.png

i've heard a lot about Michael Todd, a lot of people says it works really well. I'm definitely going to check it out per your recommendation. I didn't know it was Organic! Lol I'm kind of in the opposite boat, I'm kind of trying to veer off the regimen and go for more natural products - though I still want to use the Acne.org BP because it works WONDERS! I'm just looking for more natural cleansers and moisturizers.

I was on the Regimen last year, (kind of still am) and it cleared up all my acne but my skin was flaking so bad I had to stop using so much BP. My advice to you is, if you're interested in the regimen, just order the Acne.org BP and Jojoba Oil and use them along with your natural products. The BP and Jojoba are BY FAR the best products acne.org has. They're amazing, i've been using them for over a year now. (not just by themselves of course, I use other cleansers and moisturizers lol)

You should definitely try them since you are clear now! I DO recommend if you don't have really bad troubled skin anymore 🙂 But as to using the regimen and other products together I heard it's best to just stick with the regimen and not to add other products! But I'll definitely yake that into consideration, if for any reason! Thanks :] and good luck!