Notifications
Clear all

Paleo Diet. Anyone Tried It?

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:28 pm

So I'm watching Dr. Oz right now and he is talking about the Paleo diet and it sounds like the cure for acne. I'm reading up on it and want to get the book "Dietary cure for Acne" and would love to change my diet around. Has anyone tried this diet and how did it work out for you??

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/22/2013 5:51 pm

Many people have tried it. Many have found success. It is mainly used for inflammatory acne, and in my experience has been useful in stopping the formation of inflammatory lesions.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/22/2013 6:58 pm

I've heard about it, I don't know about acne but the Paleo diet seems to really help with weight loss and overall health in general. I've heard nothing but good things about it (besides the fact that you can't eat Twinkies lol)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/22/2013 8:15 pm

Yes. Lots of people. It's for everything to do with everything going on in your body. But you don't have to go paleo or get a book. Just cut out the processed foods and drinks. Eat real whole nutrient dense foods and more anti-inflammatory foods (which mostly means plant foods that aren't grains or high sugar) than inflammatory (sugar, grains, trans fats).

MemberMember
(@priceofsilver)

Posted : 06/01/2013 2:46 pm

100% clear on Paleo, 3 1/2 years and counting.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/02/2013 12:24 am

how bad was ur acne prior to paleo?

what fats do you consume whilst on paleo

MemberMember
(@tommyhaynes96)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:36 am

I sort of follow the Paleo diet. Basically, a Paleo diet encourages completely stopping the consumption of processed foods and sugar and consuming foods that our cave dwelling ancestors used to consume. In other words, this diet encourages the consumption of raw foods, nuts and plenty of proteins.

MemberMember
(@priceofsilver)

Posted : 06/02/2013 2:30 pm

I had moderate cystic acne for about ~11 years.

Animal fat, olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados basically

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 06/02/2013 11:38 pm

I'm sort of half paleo half way too many fruits, with added white potatoes and a piece of bread once a week or so. I'm picking at things because my mind is elsewhere when focusing on school and work. My acne cysts are gone but they took forever to stop erupting. Just type in "Paleo successful stories" on a search engine and read to your hearts content. Keep in mind that a lot of people with acne do not join acne communities on the internet. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/02/2013 11:48 pm

how much animal fat do you consume per day (And which one)? What about olive oil (which name brand)? congrats!

I'm sort of half paleo half way too many fruits, with added white potatoes and a piece of bread once a week. I'm picking at things because my mind is elsewhere when focusing on school and work. My acne cysts are gone but they took forever to stop erupting. Just type in "Paleo successful stories" on a search engine and read to your hearts content. Keep in mind that a lot of people with acne do not join acne communities on the internet. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

hey treatacne, do you get any breakouts from a piece of bread if you eat it once a week? What if you ate like a burger 2 times a week, would it break you out??

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 06/03/2013 12:24 am

hey treatacne, do you get any breakouts from a piece of bread if you eat it once a week? What if you ate like a burger 2 times a week, would it break you out??

Not yet, but I've done it three times a week.

I had a burger about four days ago at my work, but I brought my own buns with no dairy in them. Nothing happened... yet 0_0...

It won't give me cysts because I THINK that anything with dairy in it has been the most sensitive thing for me yet. I started having oatmeal and bread over a month ago and my skin is still flat. Cysts take a while to emerge, but they may not emerge at all if I only take a couple pieces of bread once a day twice or three times a week. I've been shamelessly using it for my fish sandwiches, fish I either bake or take out of a can. I actually like it because it reminds me of the tunafish sandwiches I always had as a little girl, and because of that I eat caned mackerel since it tastes a lot like tuna :3.

But also, no bread caused me to loose WAY too much weight, so eating some is keeping me from sinking under a size zero pants. I need to find another way to deal with that issue rather than looking towards bread. I'll let you know what I come up with.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/03/2013 2:03 pm

how much animal fat do you consume per day (And which one)? What about olive oil (which name brand)? congrats!

>>I'm sort of half paleo half way too many fruits, with added white potatoes and a piece of bread once a week. I'm picking at things because my mind is elsewhere when focusing on school and work. My acne cysts are gone but they took forever to stop erupting. Just type in "Paleo successful stories" on a search engine and read to your hearts content. Keep in mind that a lot of people with acne do not join acne communities on the internet. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

You have to stop pouncing on every tiny little detail. Clearly stress is something you need to manage. It does not matter what the once a week bread does to treatacne. It only matters what happens to you.