Notifications
Clear all

Will My Dinner Affect My Acne?

MemberMember
(@joseph626)

Posted : 04/22/2013 1:28 pm

So i had 4 large vegetable spring rolls (oven cooked), 2 vegetable samosas (oven cooked) and a plate of wholeweat pasta. What i want to know is that will my acne spike because of me eating this? I never eat vegetable spring rolls or vegetable samosas but when i do it is like once every 5 months and never together, just on their own.

Please reply back.Thanks :D

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/22/2013 2:12 pm

Hard to say, it might for some and not others. It all depends on your microbiota, or gut flora (the bacteria inside your digestive track) as well as how well your liver and kidneys work to expelled the waste. If either of these are off, you might expelled toxins through your skin.

I hope this helps.

If it does cause any skin problems they won't appear for 48-72 hours, so if you get a pimple the next day, it most.likely not related to what you just ate.

And for this reason I will state, as I always do, to AVOID antibiotic use, they will destroy your good bugs and tax your liver and kidneys.

MemberMember
(@joseph626)

Posted : 04/22/2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for the reply as it has eased my guilt a little.

Throughout my years of 13-16 i used to eat spicy, greasy, oily, dry foods, microwave foods such as hotpots, chicken baked pasta and shop bought chinese takeaways almost everyday in small portions. I also had lashings of salad cream in practiaclly every meal nightly. Now, i have learnt my lesson and at the beginning of the year i drastically changed my lifestyle.

I then cut down on the whole bloody lot replacing them meals with wholeweat products, meals that wouldnt spike my acne (chicken, rice, non cheese products and anything said above went). I drank water replacing orange/juice, lemonade and fizzy drinks which was the most prestigious moment of my life.

Today and present i have a completely new face. Still suffering with mild acne i look back at the days when i used to be plastered and couldn't give a sh*t about the way i looked, now laughing and saying "what an ignorant fool i used to be". Ok, i still get spots here and there BUT ONLY HERE AND THERE not on my cheeks/sides/mouth anymore. I am pleased with what i have accomplished and look forward to what the future holds.

I do however have a secret acne treatment that is 100% fool proof and has *GUARANTEED* written all over it. If you want to know just say the word :D

MemberMember
(@hunyeo)

Posted : 04/22/2013 2:32 pm

Before i went through a dermatologist who banned a lot of food for me but still i had acne.. After the acne.org i usually eat what i want as long as i use my acne.org stuff my face got better..

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 04/22/2013 2:55 pm

What is your diet like? I would love to know because I'm thinking about changing my diet in hopes of it improving my acne..

MemberMember
(@joseph626)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:11 pm

Well what does your diet consist of?

I can give you a brief seven day meal plan of mine if you wish

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:25 pm

Yes that would be great if you could give me your 7 day meal plan. Has it helped your acne any?

My diet consists of a lot of whole wheat pasta, fried chicken ( probably horrible for acne), grilled chicken, salmon, alot of dairy producs like cheese, milk. Really anything I can get my hands on :P I'm not following any sort of diet.

MemberMember
(@joseph626)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:48 pm

Heres a seven daily plan of my diet:

Monday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: brown bread with cucumber and 2 slices of ham/ 1 apple/ Salt & Vinegar/ crisps/banana, DINNER: birds eye chicken with wholewheat pasta.

Tuesday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: 2 ciabatta roles with ham,cucumber and chicken pieces/ 1 apple/banana, DINNER: quiche with baby potatoes, runner beans and sweetcorn.

Wednesday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: brown bread with cucumer and 2 slices of ham/ 1 apple/ packet of bacon biscuit oddities, DINNER: varies with wholewheat pasta.

Thursday - BREAKAST: bowl of shredded wehat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: 2 ciabatta roles with ham, cucumber/ 1 apple/banana/Doritos, DINNER: 2 or 3 sasuages with oven baked chips

Friday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wehat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: brown bread with cucumber and 2 slices of ham/ 1 apple/ banana/ yoyos bear fruit rolls, DINNER: family of 4 sized hotpot with potatoes, carrots and runner beans.

Saturday: BREAKAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk. LUNCH: white bread with cucumber,grated carrot, ham/ 1 apple/ banana/ scone with jam, DINNER: either 2 chicago town deep dish ham and cheese pizzas with wholewheat pasta or 2 ham and cheese french sticks with wholewheat pasta.

Sunday - BREAKFAST: shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: traditional Sunday Roast, DINNER: salad including lettuce, grated carrot, ham, chicken and mackrel fillets.

Well there it is.... FINALLY BREATH!! I also drink 2 bottles and water and 1 cup of green tea everyday helping to cleanse my acne.

Also, going by yours i would cut out on the fried chicken and the dairy products especially as they cause acne the most.

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 04/22/2013 4:08 pm

Heres a seven daily plan of my diet:

Monday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: brown bread with cucumber and 2 slices of ham/ 1 apple/ Salt & Vinegar/ crisps/banana, DINNER: birds eye chicken with wholewheat pasta.

Tuesday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: 2 ciabatta roles with ham,cucumber and chicken pieces/ 1 apple/banana, DINNER: quiche with baby potatoes, runner beans and sweetcorn.

Wednesday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: brown bread with cucumer and 2 slices of ham/ 1 apple/ packet of bacon biscuit oddities, DINNER: varies with wholewheat pasta.

Thursday - BREAKAST: bowl of shredded wehat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: 2 ciabatta roles with ham, cucumber/ 1 apple/banana/Doritos, DINNER: 2 or 3 sasuages with oven baked chips

Friday - BREAKFAST: bowl of shredded wehat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: brown bread with cucumber and 2 slices of ham/ 1 apple/ banana/ yoyos bear fruit rolls, DINNER: family of 4 sized hotpot with potatoes, carrots and runner beans.

Saturday: BREAKAST: bowl of shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk. LUNCH: white bread with cucumber,grated carrot, ham/ 1 apple/ banana/ scone with jam, DINNER: either 2 chicago town deep dish ham and cheese pizzas with wholewheat pasta or 2 ham and cheese french sticks with wholewheat pasta.

Sunday - BREAKFAST: shredded wheat with muesli and semi skimmed milk, LUNCH: traditional Sunday Roast, DINNER: salad including lettuce, grated carrot, ham, chicken and mackrel fillets.

Well there it is.... FINALLY BREATH!! I also drink 2 bottles and water and 1 cup of green tea everyday helping to cleanse my acne.

Also, going by yours i would cut out on the fried chicken and the dairy products especially as they cause acne the most.

Thank ya!! I will try this out. Yea, I have been reading that dairy is really bad for acne so I will cut that out, it will be so hard though because I loove dairy products! i think the only think i do right is drinking green tea & water throughout the day like you:-P I was thinking about trying the Paleo diet out, check it out.

MemberMember
(@joseph626)

Posted : 04/22/2013 4:14 pm

I understand your pain in terms of cutting down on dairy or potentially eliminating it completely. When i got rid of salad cream, potato salad, spicy foods and fizzy drinks i made a huge sacrifice and couldn't believe i did just that. Even to this day i have never looked back upon it or regretted doing so.