Notifications
Clear all

I Got Shallow Scars! With Pictures. Help!

MemberMember
(@tina565)

Posted : 04/21/2013 11:59 pm

Hey!!

About me: I'm an Asian. I have mild acne and i have a combination skin and i'm 20.

I got a huge underground pimple on my left cheek. It didn't pop out, but a scab formed on it. The scab fell off so easily after 5 or 6 days after i had a bath. Then the skin of that area was pink color. I didn't pick the scab. Later the pimple came to a head (two or three heads were there). I did not pop it. i'm pretty sure about it!! It went back to normal after 3-5 days.

Then i went to the dermatologist and he told me to use cetaphil gentle cleanser and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% cream. So I have been using it since 1st week of April. I use the cleanser in the morning and night. In the morning after i cleanse, i put bp cream on that area and wait for 2 hours (doctor told me to do so) and wash it off.

I can see a lot of improvement of my acne. Still the red spots are there. But where i got the huge pimple is still red!!! Why is that?? is it still healing?? The redness doesn't go away. That place is somewhat like a very very shallow scar. I can see the indented part only from the side. It cannot be seen when i look straight in the mirror. So will this go away with time?? its just a mild one. like on the top layer of the skin. Why there's a scar even though i didn't pop it?? cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif i'm so worried.

BTW i apply vitamin E oil on it.

Are there any home remedies?? Here are some latest pics of my face. When i smile, scar is completely gone.rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif post-207143-0-91251100-1366606698_thumb.

post-207143-0-94278600-1366606700_thumb.

post-207143-0-22933500-1366606703_thumb.

post-207143-0-82039200-1366606704.jpg

post-207143-0-91251100-1366606698_thumb.

post-207143-0-94278600-1366606700_thumb.

post-207143-0-22933500-1366606703_thumb.

post-207143-0-82039200-1366606704.jpg

MemberMember
(@tina565)

Posted : 04/22/2013 12:29 am

Please help!!! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:53 am

It looks like a cyst - pimples that are under the skin, you cant pop them and they dont come to a head. It will probably take a month or two for it to go on its own, dont mess around with it because if you keep irritating it it wont go down. Dont get too worried about it, its nothing dab of concealer cant cover in the mean time :)

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:31 am

It looks exactly what I have in the exact same place. I had a cyst that went down on its own in about a week. It never came to a head, it was just very hyperpigmented afterwards. Then, about a month after, it was still very dark and I realized it looked indented in certain angles, and wondered if it could be a rolling scar. The hyperpigmentation is very slowly fading, but I still can't really tell if it's indented or if it's just the pigmentation (depends on lighting too, etc). In any case, I've realized that even if it is indented, it will look much much better once the colour returns to normal. So I wouldn't really worry. Also, if it actually still looks like an indented scar once it's fully healed, there are ways to improve the scar. I would imagine a shallow rolling scar would be easy to treat with dermarolling or subcision.

MemberMember
(@tina565)

Posted : 04/22/2013 9:09 am

yes. its the same for me. rolleyes.gif it looks indented in different angles only. So i wonder what would happen after it gets healed. Still can't tell what's gonna happen next. So the best thing is to wait and see.

i don't think it would be very visible after its fully healed. So i'm not worrying. i'm happy!! i think its just a illusion with lights, shadows and the color of the hyper pigmentation. I know it would take at least about six months to recover. Anyway thank you sooo much for the replies!!!

i just wanna know approximately, how long will it take to heal on its own?? several months may be??

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:49 pm

I've no idea since I haven't really had this kind of mark before. A few months, probably, or more? I've been trying to find out, but haven't had any luck. Usually my hyperpigmentation fades in a couple of months, but this seems a bit darker/deeper than normal (and it's already been a couple of months). I don't think there's anything to worry, really. It won't be noticeable once the pigment is back to normal.

Please share how your healing goes, if you don't mind. :)

MemberMember
(@tina565)

Posted : 04/23/2013 2:13 am

I applied vitamin E oil on since the last week, and now i can see the color is fading! i feel so happy!! i think vitamin E helps a lot. The indented area is also fading now. i think its due to the hyper pigmentation.

Try vitamin E oil or jojoba oil on it. it will work for you too. Just use and see. smile.pngsmile.png Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/30/2013 12:40 pm

I'm glad it has improved for you! :) Unfortunately mine hasn't changed during the past month that I've been following it. I'm fairly sure now that it's indented and is most likely going to be my first noticeable rolling scar. It's still pretty shallow though, and even seems level with my skin in some lighting, but most of the time it casts a shadow that I can't hide with make-up.

It's a mild scar, I suppose, but since it's in a very visible area and large (compared with my other scars), I may want to get it treated if it doesn't improve during the next few months. I think I've been lucky not to get any more thus far, since I do get cysts every now and then and so far they've usually gone away without leaving marks.

Never thought it would be so hard to tell the difference between PIH and scarring! I guess new shallow rolling scars can be a bit tricky to identify.