Notifications
Clear all

Best Coverage Foundation Suggestions

MemberMember
(@kris1787)

Posted : 04/21/2013 11:09 pm

Hey everyone, I need some suggestions for a new foundation. I've tried drugstore brands like covergirl and Revlon, they're cheap but I think I'm now willing to spend a little more bucks. I have combination skin, more on the oily side, and I'm looking for a full coverage makeup. I have large pores and a lot of scarring and also active acne. I've been looking at Clinique, smashbox, lancome, makeup forever, and Almay. I've heard a lot of people using almay. I need some suggestions on a foundation and not a concealer! If anyone can help, thanks!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/22/2013 3:50 am

The highest coverage foundations I know of are

Vichy dermablend

Kat Von D Lock-it

Estee Lauder Double Wear

If you youtube demos for them you can get a look at how pigmented they are, they are foundations but theyre high coverage enough to be used as a concealer. For the Vichy/Estee foundations I know you can go to the counters and get 10 day samples :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/22/2013 9:52 pm

I currently use Almay because it doesn't seem to cause me to break out, but I would rate it as a light to medium coverage at best.

As XXYY above has listed as high coverage, I've used Estee Lauder doublewear in the past and boy does that stuff cover up everything. I did find it hard to remove in the evening though. Cleanser by itself didnt get it all off - I had to cleanse and then use a makeup remover wipe to get the last bit off.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/26/2013 12:46 pm

Foundations that have the most pigment are Dermablend and CoverFX.

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/03/2013 12:38 am

Expensive doesn't always mean better. I paid $70 for a tube of Clinique liquid foundation for acne and it turned really orange on my skin and it never fully dried on my skin. By the end of the day I was so wet and oily, it was very unappealing. I never had the courage to spend that much on foundation again and I also feel that Australia really lacks variety in acne safe foundations.