Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide- Skin Oily

MemberMember
(@evanl)

Posted : 04/21/2013 8:51 pm

I had acne on my forehead and i little on my cheeks. Doc prescribed me 10% benzoyl peroxide. It dries out my face in the morning and by the end of the day my skin is really oily. Ive been using BP since august of last year. I thought i had oily skin by natural. But now i think its all because of the BP. Now that my skin gets oily, i think that how i continuously get acne on cheeks now, which i never got before.

Will i have oily skin permanent even if i stop?

Should i stop and just use a cleanser or something?

I dont want to stop because i think its going to get a lot more worse. Please help.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/21/2013 11:29 pm

Try a product with 2.5% BP instead. Studies have shown 2.5% to be just as affective as higher concentrations, without the irritation. I think Acne.org makes a good BP product, and you can get tips and see how it affects others on the "The Regimen" Forums.

But before you do anything, you should try to talk to your dermatologist. Ask the same questions you did here, and them see what he says. Maybe he can get you something else to use that's better and, if covered by your health insurance, likely cheaper too.

MemberMember
(@evanl)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:14 pm

Try a product with 2.5% BP instead. Studies have shown 2.5% to be just as affective as higher concentrations, without the irritation. I think Acne.org makes a good BP product, and you can get tips and see how it affects others on the "The Regimen" Forums.

But before you do anything, you should try to talk to your dermatologist. Ask the same questions you did here, and them see what he says. Maybe he can get you something else to use that's better and, if covered by your health insurance, likely cheaper too.

Do you think the 2.5 will be making my skin oily like the 10%?

MemberMember
(@donniep)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:36 pm

Do you use a moisturiser with the BP cream?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:11 pm

Do you think the 2.5 will be making my skin oily like the 10%?

I have no idea. If your oily skin is from genetics, switching to the 2.5% might not do much in that department. But if you're skin is oily because it's irritated and dried out, then it might help.