Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Get Horrible Spots On Neck Like These?

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/21/2013 11:06 am

Anyone else get anything similar?

I'm 24 now, been getting them on my neck on and off for just over 12 months. They look horrible, start red n big n last from a few days to a week. They rarely go to a head.

My face is ok, get a few here n there but doesn't bother me. Just my neck, stops me going out aswell unless I really have to.

I've been to dr's, he gave me I think it was differin, just made it worse. Now he's prescribed me adapalene 0.1% / benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel. I'm reluctant to collect it and use it incase it makes it worse.

Also I've got loads of tiny scars from previous ones. Recently they've only affected the left side of my neck too.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'll attach a pic, the quality isn't too good, they look worse than in the pic too.

Any help will be very appreciated

post-207149-0-72496400-1366560253_thumb.

post-207149-0-72496400-1366560253_thumb.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/21/2013 12:12 pm

Looks shaving related to me, have you already considered this? even dry shavers can cause this if they give a close enough shave (from experience).

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/21/2013 12:16 pm

Looks either like irritation due to shaving or ingrown hairs. What kind of shaver do you use?

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/21/2013 1:07 pm

Hm I guess it could be. Sometimes they're lower than where I save though, my facial hair doesn't grow too much so I only shave it on the sides and neck once every 10-12 days. But for the last 3 years I've used a gillette fusion power. Although more recently I've been using the proglide blades with it rather than the standard, but I can't remember which date I switched. I guess that could be it.

LewisS, this may be a really stupid question, but what would cause the ingrowing hairs?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/21/2013 1:24 pm

i dnt think bp will effect badly.but its always better to attack the cause..check if its shaving related as the others have said..

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/24/2013 5:09 pm

Shaved earlier and I don't think I'd touch that area usually, I made sure not to touch it with the razor this time. Scars are currently healing from those 2 from the pic I posted on sunday. Fingers crossed no more appear.

Also bought some vit d tablets see if that helps.

Cheers for the help guys, still would like to hear if anyone's in/ been in the same situation

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:08 pm

had a few more pop up, not as bad though, but still not nice.

Ordered the blades I used to use, will use them next time see if it makes a difference.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 04/28/2013 9:11 pm

I have something similar, but mine cropped up after a gluten binge. I tend to break out when I eat too much wheat! And this last time it was predominately on my neck and back.

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 04/28/2013 9:22 pm

I have one or two of them at a time. It's because I don't have good shavers. They don't seem as "raw" as yours though. Once I can afford an electric razor i'm definately investing in it. You should consider that too!

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/29/2013 9:06 am

I do use one, this one -

Gillette fusion power

but at some point last year I started using the fusion power pro glide blades on it, which are newer.

I can't remember when I switched but I guess this is a possiblity. So i've bought the original fusion power blades

This is link for the fusion power proglide blades.

This is link for the original blades i've just bought and will switch back to see if it helps

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/29/2013 10:08 am

I have something similar, but mine cropped up after a gluten binge. I tend to break out when I eat too much wheat! And this last time it was predominately on my neck and back.

do u have rice(white or brown)?does it effect u?

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/29/2013 5:38 pm

Never thought about wheat affecting it, I use wholemeal bread and wholemeal pasta.

Seems the healthier I eat the worse it gets haha. I'm 24 now, past 2 years or so my acne come back from being a teen, not too bad on my face, but my neck in the past 12 months has been horrible.

But when i was 20/21 I was fine, and diet wasn't good at all, pizzas, kebabs, used whole milk, white bread, had fry ups a lot.

When i was travelling 18 months ago I was fine then, and my diet n life style while away was far from healthy.

Will try these different razor blades first, could be it.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 04/29/2013 8:46 pm

do u have rice(white or brown)?does it effect u?

I am not affected by rice. I use rice and rice flours often.

Never thought about wheat affecting it, I use wholemeal bread and wholemeal pasta.

Seems the healthier I eat the worse it gets haha. I'm 24 now, past 2 years or so my acne come back from being a teen, not too bad on my face, but my neck in the past 12 months has been horrible.

But when i was 20/21 I was fine, and diet wasn't good at all, pizzas, kebabs, used whole milk, white bread, had fry ups a lot.

When i was travelling 18 months ago I was fine then, and my diet n life style while away was far from healthy.

When I discovered my issue with wheat, I was having tummy troubles and stopped eating it for that reason. As a happy side effect, my skin was much less inflamed and my breakouts had a chance to heal. I noticed a difference in just a few days of not eating wheat. In 2-3 days my skin was calmer with less redness and pain and no new spots!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/30/2013 1:50 am

why dont try the elimination test for at least one month?

omit gluten from ur diet for one month and see if it effects u for better?

u can go through 'diet and holistic living' forum for help.

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/30/2013 5:05 am

why dont try the elimination test for at least one month?

omit gluten from ur diet for one month and see if it effects u for better?

u can go through 'diet and holistic living' forum for help.

Yeah will check with these different razors first. I've eaten wholemeal bread and wholemeal pasta for years but never seemed to cause a problem.

I'll try that next if the problem still persists.

Cheers for the advice anyway guys.

Skin looks a lot better today anyway

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/30/2013 7:11 am

i dont seen to have issues with wheat as well.

i've always had had wheat (including refined stuff) but never had much problem..in fact in my teen years i was so clear in spite of having junk all the time.

but healthy diet does help in many ways.

so i've a balanced diet now.avoid junk and other not-so-good foods.

i'll be testing for gluten-free diet for a mnth soon,

good luck to u.

MemberMember
(@bobbyz1)

Posted : 04/30/2013 8:15 am

I used to get spots like that all the time when I shaved my face / neck area with the same exact razor as well as the Fusion Proglide. I also used fusion brand shaving cream which also contains sodium laurel sulfate, is toxic and can wreck havoc on your skin especially when it's being exposed to freshly cut hair pores.

I also really think it has something to do with some sort of chemical used on the slippery strips on their razors. It's still a great razor...I mainly use it on other parts of my body...no longer on my face / neck and haven't had a break out since. I used to get HUGE thick pimples when I used any Fusion razor on my face / neck. I switched to an electric razor a few months ago and even stopped using shaving cream...haven't had any zits in a while. Every 5-6 days i'll shave my face / neck without a trimmer on my electric razor which brings all the facial hair down to a very close stubble...so no hair is being ripped out or cut very close to the skin like an actual close shave, which prevents irritation and for me, pimples / breakouts

You can get a wahl trimmer online or at a place like Walmart for super cheap and it works....definitely worth a try..best choice I ever made in terms of saving my skin and preventing acne. Mine was like 13 bucks!

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 04/30/2013 5:44 pm

I used to get spots like that all the time when I shaved my face / neck area with the same exact razor as well as the Fusion Proglide. I also used fusion brand shaving cream which also contains sodium laurel sulfate, is toxic and can wreck havoc on your skin especially when it's being exposed to freshly cut hair pores.

I also really think it has something to do with some sort of chemical used on the slippery strips on their razors. It's still a great razor...I mainly use it on other parts of my body...no longer on my face / neck and haven't had a break out since. I used to get HUGE thick pimples when I used any Fusion razor on my face / neck. I switched to an electric razor a few months ago and even stopped using shaving cream...haven't had any zits in a while. Every 5-6 days i'll shave my face / neck without a trimmer on my electric razor which brings all the facial hair down to a very close stubble...so no hair is being ripped out or cut very close to the skin like an actual close shave, which prevents irritation and for me, pimples / breakouts

You can get a wahl trimmer online or at a place like Walmart for super cheap and it works....definitely worth a try..best choice I ever made in terms of saving my skin and preventing acne. Mine was like 13 bucks!

Yeah I use the gillette fusion power razor, i've used it for over 3 years now. But I did switch the blades from the fusion power blades to the fusion power pro glide blades. The change in blades could of been around the same time that this has started on my neck. I've got the original fusion power blades now anyway so next time I shave i'll use them. I don't think i really touch that area though where they appear. Will find out anyway.

The shaving gel I use is fusion hydra sensitive skin. But again I've used that for maybe even 5 years and had never had problems.

I do have a pair of clippers which I use for my head. Are hair clippers what you mean you use now?

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:02 am

I think a lot of it might be from me touching them, I notice I do and can't help it. I stop as soon as I notice I'm doing it.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 10:01 pm

Simple solution (if it is indeed shaving related).

Use a beard trimmer/clipper

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 05/16/2013 8:56 am

Been a few weeks now, with these different razors they don't come up as bad. Still get a few though.

Still seems to be mainly on the left side