Notifications
Clear all

Washing Face

MemberMember
(@nowhere-man)

Posted : 04/21/2013 3:11 am

whatsup guys.. so like because im on accutane, my skin is always dry (not oily).. is it a must, that i wash my face twice a day?.. couldnt i just wash it like once in the morn or at night? ps i use cetaphil facewash and xeraderm moisteriser.. thnx

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/21/2013 6:33 am

If your taking accutane you must have severe acne right?

You need to cleanse for face in the morning an evening, and cetaphil is garbage -you should be using a lipid and enzymes based cleanser something natural and does not have chemicals or anything that will strip the skin. I don't know what xeroderm is but it sounds harsh. There are dozens of threads on here recommending products and natural oils like rose hip, calendula or jojoba oil for cleaning and moisturising.

Natural is the way to go.

If your prepared to use this medication you should realise the dry skin can in many cases be a permanent and debilitating side effect long after you stop taking it

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/21/2013 7:16 am

You could even wash your face with only water if you wanted. Just make sure you are moisturizing. I agree with the above poster that the less chemical filled, the better.

MemberMember
(@nowhere-man)

Posted : 04/21/2013 12:28 pm

i have mild acne, but extreamly persistant for the past 5 years.. xeroderm in greek means dry skin i think, its specifically for dry flaky cracked skin. thnx for the input though