Notifications
Clear all

Broke Down Crying

MemberMember
(@chloeopal)

Posted : 04/20/2013 9:40 pm

I am now currently 18 years old and graduating high school next month.

I started developing, most got slapped across and straight in the face with acne in the beginning of 6th grade. Now, 6th grade was extremely different than it is now. Hardly any girls wore make up. It was only worn for those little school dances.

Unfortunately, I felt like I had to wear cover up/concealer/foundation at the age of 11 or 12. Ever since then I have been struggling and struggling with acne for years.

At one point in time freshman year of high school I got so fed up with it that I thought poking my imperfections with a needle would make them go away.

Ever since 8th grade I've gotten up at 5:50 AM to get ready for school because I had to shower then slather on makeup to attempt to hide my face that for some reason I was so ashamed of.

For EIGHT years I have tried every acne treatment there is.

When I turned sixteen & got a job I even paid for expensive facials to see if that would free me from a problem that I let consume me.

Today, April 20th, 2013 at 2:50 PM this afternoon is the first day in eight years I walked out in public without any coverup on.

My acne is finally cleared up.

I broke down crying.

MemberMember
(@kelseylee)

Posted : 04/20/2013 11:16 pm

what a great story! good for you :)

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/21/2013 4:44 am

I thought this was going to be an "I broke down crying because my acne is so bad story".

Nice suprise! Good for you, and I truly hope your acne never returns.I know exactly how you feel, I wore make up since I was in junior high and never thought Id be without it in a million years, but only 4 months after beginnging yaz, and herbals, my skin was clear and atthis point in my life I havent worn make-up in months.

Natural feels great in many ways :-)

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 04/22/2013 11:29 am

yes, congrats! I break down crying because I havent found things that work :(

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 04/22/2013 1:49 pm

Wow, Congratulations!

I was the same way throughout high school-- I would wake up insanely early to put on my makeup..just to be miserable throughout the day wanting to wash it off. I had a similar emotional response this year when I took a shower and realized for the first time that I had truly acne-free skin. I still wear makeup, but now it's fun to put on! :P

Did you just "grow out of it?" Or were you using something in order to get rid of it?

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/23/2013 12:14 pm

Well that was a plot twist lol. That's great!

MemberMember
(@chloeopal)

Posted : 04/24/2013 10:22 pm

Thank you all so much :)

and I took birth control, used a simple facial wash with a buffer, toner, and moisturizer daily. and a natural scrub to help with the dead skin cells once every two weeks

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 04/25/2013 3:22 am

That's awesome news! I'm happy for you. Definitely focus on enjoying life now, because I know how rough this damn struggle with acne can be, you deserve some happiness now!

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/25/2013 5:59 am

What kind of birth conrtol are you on? Yaz works great for me.

Thank you all so much smile.png

and I took birth control, used a simple facial wash with a buffer, toner, and moisturizer daily. and a natural scrub to help with the dead skin cells once every two weeks

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 04/25/2013 2:56 pm

I'm so happy for you, thank you for sharing! You look lovely in your picture :)