Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freefood

Differin Alternative?

I have a few deep acne on my face which doesn't seem to go away despite applying bp on them for months.

Differin was more effective for these but i am unable to use it as differin burn my skin badly.

Is there any other cream which i can apply to these acne?

Did you use Differin gel or cream? I had difficulty tolerating topicals in the beginning and tried the cream first instead of the gel and it was more gentle. Also, how were you taking it? I used to have to start using them once every three days, then every other day, then daily, then eventually work my way up to twice a day as prescribed. I don't know why physicians don't provide instructions to increase use slowly, I burnt my skin pretty badly trying to figure it all out. Besides BP, the only alternative I can think of is topical clindamycin. It worked well for me briefly. There are other topical retinoids (tazorac, retin-a) but I think they are stronger than Differin. Good luck to you!

I am using the gel based, even applying it for just 5 min and washing it off I still get burned. The burned skin would take me 1.5 weeks to heal... I also suffering from eczema which might be why i am unable to use this.

I have used clindamycin in the past but it was fairly ineffective for me.