Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Megan100

Fed Up With Adult Acne

I am 29 and fed up with acne and black heads, I need a routine that will work for me. What would you suggest? I have looked at the regimen, but i am kinda or worried that it will be too much.

post-206945-0-95182200-1366411718.jpg

post-206945-0-95182200-1366411718.jpg

I started the regimen about six weeks ago and my skin looks better now than it has in many, many years. I wash with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (not the daily facial cleanser) and I use Neutrogena On the Spot. I have ZERO pimples on my face right now!

The regimen worked for me well for several years. Its not too much, in fact I used a lot less bp and moisturser than Dan shows (nickel-sized amount)

However if your acne gets really bad Id try birth control, its the only thing that helped when my acne became cystic, I have been on yaz for 9 months and after 4 months my skin was totally clear, still is in fact. Most acne is hormonal in adults anyway.

Have you tried Proactiv at all? I think Proactiv can be harsh if followed to the letter, so maybe just wash your face at night time with Step 1: Cleanse for a while and see if that helps. Also, if you feel dry/flaky, try using Clean & Clear oil free moisturizer in the mornings.

I have a post that might help, it helped me.

combination of diet and the regimen. I didn't do anything crazy on the Diet, so I use that term loosely, just added water and cut out sugar. GL