Notifications
Clear all

Out Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@clearupacne)

Posted : 04/19/2013 3:23 pm

Today is my 25th day of accutane and I was prescribed 30 pills for the month, meaning I have 5 pills left.

The problem is my derm appointment isn't for another 9 days. The question is, do i space the servings out to every other day, or do I take my accutane for the next five days, and then just quit for 4?

I'm assuming spacing them out would be the best thing to do, but I wanted to ask if any of you guys had similar situations?

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/21/2013 4:36 am

Answer is flush all 5 pills and do not go back to your dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/21/2013 7:25 am

Why do you always try to hijack other peoples board? It is very rude, unproductive and not a very team player thing to do. You've stated your opinion several times regarding accutane and your experiences with it and that is your RIGHT to do that but pushing your advice on others is not ok. But in any event to answer the OP's question, you can space them out or not- it shouldn't make that big of a difference

MemberMember
(@clearupacne)

Posted : 04/21/2013 6:36 pm

Why do you always try to hijack other peoples board? It is very rude, unproductive and not a very team player thing to do. You've stated your opinion several times regarding accutane and your experiences with it and that is your RIGHT to do that but pushing your advice on others is not ok. But in any event to answer the OP's question, you can space them out or not- it shouldn't make that big of a difference

Thanks for the advice Sasch!

And Livetoregret, I have chosen to take Accutane with a full awareness of the side effects. I have very severe acne, and I have very few other options. But thank you for your concern.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/21/2013 9:39 pm

@ Sasch - open public forum means I can give my opinion on whatever I choose thanks - Rude is making people aware of the risks vs reward is it?

@clearupacne - I don't think you can have full awareness of the side effects ( and their impact) until you are suffering from them.

I'll See you both over on the long term damage board at some stage Im sure....

MemberMember
(@citygirl039)

Posted : 04/22/2013 12:15 pm

My Derm told me that Accutane stays in your system for 3 months so missing a couple days is not big deal. Take as prescribed call your derm let them know that you are running low and they may be able to fit you in earlier. Missing a couple days will not harm your progress. Just keep your Derm informed. Good luck. Accutane has been a lifesaver for me. It works differently on everyone. We all have different bodies and systems and we all react different. I am lucky that I am doing well. I think anyone at the end of their rope needs to give it a chance.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:37 am

Again, it means nothing reporting how great it is while your on it, come back with some hindsight after your done being poisoned.

Life saver, life taker it's all good right?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/24/2013 4:05 am

@ Sasch - open public forum means I can give my opinion on whatever I choose thanks - Rude is making people aware of the risks vs reward is it?

@clearupacne - I don't think you can have full awareness of the side effects ( and their impact) until you are suffering from them.

I'll See you both over on the long term damage board at some stage Im sure....

wow! negative much? You have become so bitter over the last few months and i definitely advise you to seek some professional help.....seriously. Not to be rude or anything but you remind me of sidewalk preachers that yell at passers by, telling them to repent or go to hell. My issue with you is not that you are stating your opinion, it's your delivery and your need to give UNSOLICITED advice. The original poster NEVER asked if he should take accutane or not - if he did, then your comment would have been appropriate. By frightening people because of your experience is just plain mean and not in the acne.org spirit. And btw, your final comment shows me that indeed misery loves company. You definitely need to check yourself.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/24/2013 6:19 am

@Sasch -Negative yeah like totes much!

Of course I am bitter -I have been suffering for over 2 years at the hands of this poison DUH!

You think it bothers me that our are pointing that out? You are only reinforcing that mine and so many others needless suffering from this drug could have been avoided.

At the end of the day I'm making people aware and spreading the 'gospel' as a post accutane user. If I had the time and money I would stand out the front of dermatologists offices all across the land, I would hire billboards, I'd get a sky writer, I'd nuke Roche, I'd track down the mad scientist who created it and go all Christian bale on his ass, I'd hold up every pharmacy and take their supply and I'd dispose of it by force feeding it to the FDA, the HCCC, the irresponsible doctors that dole it out like its Pez- ya get my drift?

With the ignorance of so many users and the general attitude surrounding it being so nonchalant when it comes to the ferocity of this drug and what it does I am going to point out the obvious - DO NOT TAKE ACCUTANE!!!!!!!!

-I am not preaching some false religion I am preaching indisputable fact, like it or lump it.

One day soon this drug and the company that developed it will be held accountable for the damaged lives it leaves in its wake, and you and so many other can spare yourself from the physical pain and emotional suffering from trying to treat a bit of acne.

Sash why don't you come back and talk to me all about your successful treatment about a year or so after your done, show us your gorgeous lush hair, your dewy soft acne free skin, you wanna talk about state of mind after accutane?

Sure no worries!

Lets talk about the insomnia, the joint and muscle ache, not being able to lie down or stand up,the constant headaches, the onset of depression.

Let's talk about farting rotten eggs all day long, bloody stools, the unquenchable thirst of chronic dehydration, lets talk about loss of libido and feeling like a walking dead zombie,lets talk air the suicides, the attempted suicides, the families left to cope with their loved ones never

Being the same after ingesting this drug.

I'm here Sash, I'm ready to talk to you after your done with your wonder drug!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/24/2013 5:16 pm

@Sasch -Negative yeah like totes much!

Of course I am bitter -I have been suffering for over 2 years at the hands of this poison DUH!

You think it bothers me that our are pointing that out? You are only reinforcing that mine and so many others needless suffering from this drug could have been avoided.

At the end of the day I'm making people aware and spreading the 'gospel' as a post accutane user. If I had the time and money I would stand out the front of dermatologists offices all across the land, I would hire billboards, I'd get a sky writer, I'd nuke Roche, I'd track down the mad scientist who created it and go all Christian bale on his ass, I'd hold up every pharmacy and take their supply and I'd dispose of it by force feeding it to the FDA, the HCCC, the irresponsible doctors that dole it out like its Pez- ya get my drift?

With the ignorance of so many users and the general attitude surrounding it being so nonchalant when it comes to the ferocity of this drug and what it does I am going to point out the obvious - DO NOT TAKE ACCUTANE!!!!!!!!

-I am not preaching some false religion I am preaching indisputable fact, like it or lump it.

One day soon this drug and the company that developed it will be held accountable for the damaged lives it leaves in its wake, and you and so many other can spare yourself from the physical pain and emotional suffering from trying to treat a bit of acne.

Sash why don't you come back and talk to me all about your successful treatment about a year or so after your done, show us your gorgeous lush hair, your dewy soft acne free skin, you wanna talk about state of mind after accutane?

Sure no worries!

Lets talk about the insomnia, the joint and muscle ache, not being able to lie down or stand up,the constant headaches, the onset of depression.

Let's talk about farting rotten eggs all day long, bloody stools, the unquenchable thirst of chronic dehydration, lets talk about loss of libido and feeling like a walking dead zombie,lets talk air the suicides, the attempted suicides, the families left to cope with their loved ones never

Being the same after ingesting this drug.

I'm here Sash, I'm ready to talk to you after your done with your wonder drug!

First of all, get your facts straight. I have never, ever stated this drug was a wonder drug, ever! Like ALL medicines it has its pros and cons and like ALL medicines, it works for some and not for all. Obviously in terms of acne, it never worked 100% for me as i still have acne and knock on wood, i have not had any long lasting side effects. Down the line, who knows.

Get one thing straight, i am in no way minimizing your pain AT ALL. You are going through some really bad side effects that have affected and continue to affect your life and i will never understand what you are going through nor do i pretend to but at the same time, your doctor prescribed you an accutane course that was not well regulated (a year + on it is NOT the norm and most good derms would never do that). He f'ed up and if anything, your anger should be at him. Accutane did some messed up stuff to your body and i get why you hate the drug. But once again, my issue with your posts is that you are basically throwing your beliefs in peoples faces in a way that is very scary (think of that young adult who is new to the process and has tried everything on the market).

Hate on accutane all you want but why spread that hate to all forum sections. There is a section about negative accutane experiences which is for that specific purpose.

I hate makeup but i would not go in the makeup forum and shout from the rooftops that makeup is bad and that everyone should stop wearing it because i had a bad experience with it nor would i go into the nutrition forum and say paleo sucks because it never worked for me and that paleo people are liars and so on and so forth. If someone were to ask for my experiences, then i would happily get on my soap box.

But in any event, i am done trying to meet you in the middle. You have your mind made up and you're gonna make your experience everyone else's experience. I sincerely hope you find some peace in your life where you can move past this as despite my not agreeing with you, i don't think anyone ever deserves to suffer.

As for your clearly sarcastic remark about having that conversation with you about my 'awesome results' in a years time. I've done accutane, theres nothing i can do about that at this point and after having to watch people i love DIE from disease, i don't plan to waste most of my time bemoaning the hand that i am deal - life is just too short.

Good Luck to You

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/24/2013 8:21 pm

Yes, why don't we think of that teenager or young adult who sees taking accutane as the only answer because life is so unbareable with acne, lets talk about how they don't really take the risk seriously, lets talk about how you don't really consider what it would be like to live like a cancer patient for years after you've taken a drug given to you for acne.

Lets talk about how the trail of destruction from this drug has been lied about and false statistics and clinical trials that lead to the widely circulated statistics that doctors love to spew are falsely based and all lies.

You think that the figures of all those that reported of long term sideffects to Roche and various world wide government drug regulating agencies have been added to those?

Hell a coupla guys that kill 3 ppl with a kiddy explosive are hunted down like dogs, yet a giant corporation responsible for the deaths of thousands by suicide, and early deaths from the various conditions bought on by post accutane syndrome, not to mention those that have been chemically lobotomised and physically torn apart by accutane leaving once vibrant young people with a shell of a body and mind of an elderly person close to death.

I'm glad your done as I was never going to meet you on your side of the fence in the middle, on the edge here there or anywhere.

I could be scratching the dry flakes on my scalp, or shopping for a wig online because I can't leave my home from embarrassment, i could be moisturising my dead skin,or tending to my chronic acne but no.

Oh one more thing- I've watched ppl and animals die from cancer, I've watched the rapid progression of pain and sickness turn to loss of vivacity, loss of living life. I've watched accutane users go through the same.

*Moderator edit - unconstrictive comments removed, please read the board rules*

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/26/2013 6:08 pm

Livetoregret isnt going to stop posting about how accutane hurt her and others. Neither am I, I have been through a nightmare after 1 month on 10 mg--thats the lowest dose.

Simple story: I took accutane because I was convinced my life was worthless as a person with acne, I knew of the risks, sure we sign over our lives dont we, I will not sue Roche/my derm, if I get sick, get pregnant, blah blah blah...what it comes down to is I didnt care about side effects at the time, or didnt believe anything that bad would happen to me, and if it did, so what? (All that matters is clear skin right? Be honest.)

I became extremely depressed, so devoid of good, feeling that I lost the will to live. I looked and felt like a zombie, I had no joy I felt like nothing mattered and my life was meaningless. I picked up a gun and shot myself. It was only a flesh wound but I went to the little white padded room for a while...I tried to kill myself several times after that.

It took 3-4 months of constant supervision and antianxiety/depression meds before I no longer wanted to off myself. Let me tell you, compared to your mother crying over you in the mental ward, your husband begging you not to leave him alone, your 7 year-old child asking why Mommy wants to die, acne is a walk in the park.

We who have had horrible experiences arent going to shut up no matter how much youd like us to. We are trying to spare you the pain. Ignore us if you like, dont respond but dont tell us to shut up. You just dont get it.

I hope you dont have any of the terrible effects of this drug but do you think your derm or Roche really gives a f**? Roche claims that '1 in 100,000" gets suicidal thoughts...judging by the amount of posts on here Id say that number is waaaay outaa here, to quote my Irish Uncle.