Notifications
Clear all

Taking Care Of Acne While Travling (18)

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/18/2013 7:47 pm

So I am going to a class feild trip to the ocean. There are 16 students going and we are renting a house. The house has many rooms but only 2 bathrooms. I take my acne treatment seirously and Ive been getting amazing results with the treatment I use. Problem is it can take up to 15 minutes to properley do that treatment morning and night. I dont want to embarrassed while on the trip by hogging the bathrooms.

I use ACNE free Sensitive skin'

Wash

Toner

Spot Treatment.

It dries out my skin pretty bad so part of the treatment is a moisture cream.

What should I do?> Maybe cut it down to the scrub ?

Trip is 5 days.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/18/2013 8:05 pm

Take along a travel sized mirror and some baby wipes. You can wash in the bathroom then complete the rest of your skincare routine in your bedroom if you want to, that way you aren't hogging the bathroom. The baby wipes are for wiping off your hands and the mirror is so you can see what you are doing. smile.png

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/18/2013 10:14 pm

Take along a travel sized mirror and some baby wipes. You can wash in the bathroom then complete the rest of your skincare routine in your bedroom if you want to, that way you aren't hogging the bathroom. The baby wipes are for wiping off your hands and the mirror is so you can see what you are doing. smile.png

Thanks for the reply,

There will be about 8 of us guys in the room so that might not work.

i am thinking of just going off of it for 5 days but id be afraid that i will brake out hardcore just like when i did the same thing a year ago

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/19/2013 7:52 pm

Oh I hate doing my skincare when I'm traveling. I feel like everybody's judging me. I am a self-proclaimed bathroom hog, and everybody makes fun of me for it but I just shake it off because I know that what I'm doing is worth it.

I've picked up a few tricks along the way.

#1: SHOWERS. Showers are a perfect excuse. If you take a shower every night, you can take your "drying off" time to do all your skincare. When people ask you why you took such a long time just simply say you like to feel clean.

#2: Waking up before everybody else. This is crucial. You'll be out of everybody's way, and everyone won't be knocking on the door trying to rush you out.

#3: Mini product containers. Don't take your full-sized products with you - unless they're small enough to fit into a toiletry bag. Toiletry bags are easier to disguise than back packs.

#4: Be organized. Make sure to keep track of your towels and products so that way you won't be fumbling around for 20 minutes trying to find what you're looking for. That is probably the biggest mistake I've made on vacay. I just shoved everything into a backpack that weighed a million pounds. Bad choice.

#5: If you get back to your hotel/house late, ask if people are going to need to use the bathroom, and if so, let them go before you so when you take a long time you won't have to explain to them why.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 04/20/2013 7:13 am

I had to do this too when I went on a spring break trip with my friends, and many other times when on school trips.

Just do everything in the shower, and as fast as you can. In the morning, shower before everyone (wake up early), and in the evening, shower after everyone else.

If you feel embarassed coming out of the bathroom (although to be honest 15 minutes is nothing, nobody will even notice) then just shrug it off. InfinityMunchkin summed that up nicely.

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/20/2013 11:49 am

Oh I hate doing my skincare when I'm traveling. I feel like everybody's judging me. I am a self-proclaimed bathroom hog, and everybody makes fun of me for it but I just shake it off because I know that what I'm doing is worth it.

#1: SHOWERS. Showers are a perfect excuse. If you take a shower every night, you can take your "drying off" time to do all your skincare. When people ask you why you took such a long time just simply say you like to feel clean.

#2: Waking up before everybody else. This is crucial. You'll be out of everybody's way, and everyone won't be knocking on the door trying to rush you out.

#3: Mini product containers. Don't take your full-sized products with you - unless they're small enough to fit into a toiletry bag. Toiletry bags are easier to disguise than back packs.

#4: Be organized. Make sure to keep track of your towels and products so that way you won't be fumbling around for 20 minutes trying to find what you're looking for. That is probably the biggest mistake I've made on vacay. I just shoved everything into a backpack that weighed a million pounds. Bad choice.

#5: If you get back to your hotel/house late, ask if people are going to need to use the bathroom, and if so, let them go before you so when you take a long time you won't have to explain to them why.

Yes! I was thinking to myself I could do it while I am "showering". The problem is people will start to wonder why I am showering two times a day. Our day is packed as it is.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/20/2013 10:35 pm

Yes! I was thinking to myself I could do it while I am "showering". The problem is people will start to wonder why I am showering two times a day. Our day is packed as it is.

Only shower at night, that way it won't look suspicious. For the morning, just simply wake up 20 minutes before everyone else and do your skincare to get it out of the way.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/21/2013 7:18 am

Don't let the judgement of others stop you from treating your acne. Just get up a little earlier or even just briefly explain it to them.

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/21/2013 10:27 am

Don't let the judgement of others stop you from treating your acne. Just get up a little earlier or even just briefly explain it to them.

Yeah if they ask i could just say I take pride in taking care of myself.

Problem is I have to think about a plan B in case if i wake up late...........

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/22/2013 10:03 am

If you wake up late just quickly apply the BP to your problem areas and don't wait as long between applying the BP and moisturiser. I only used to wait like 5 minutes at the most.

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:51 am

If you wake up late just quickly apply the BP to your problem areas and don't wait as long between applying the BP and moisturiser. I only used to wait like 5 minutes at the most.

Can I splash my face in warm water? then do that BP quick with moisturiser?

I am just thinking how to be super efficient and super quick. ]

I have a little OCD

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:53 am

Yeah don't worry about it too much. It's not forever.

Remember Dan says on cleanse your face for 10 seconds. Do that, pat dry (maybe for a little longer to get your face dry faster) and then apply BP almost straight away. I'd probably wait at least 4-5 minutes before putting on the moisturiser, but you could brush your teeth or something in that time or style your hair (if you do).

I have OCD too, but just try and enjoy your trip without thinking too much about your skin! Remember, stress is a key factor when it comes to acne.

phoop007 liked
MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:25 pm

Yeah don't worry about it too much. It's not forever.

Remember Dan says on cleanse your face for 10 seconds. Do that, pat dry (maybe for a little longer to get your face dry faster) and then apply BP almost straight away. I'd probably wait at least 4-5 minutes before putting on the moisturiser, but you could brush your teeth or something in that time or style your hair (if you do).

I have OCD too, but just try and enjoy your trip without thinking too much about your skin! Remember, stress is a key factor when it comes to acne.

So I was thinking of just doing my skin routine in the evenings before bed, then rinse well in the morning before i start my day. would that work?

That way I am only clogging the bathroom for 7 minutes in the morning ( I timed it)

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:39 pm

Definitely. A lot of people say that cleansing your face in the morning isn't necessary due to the fact that your face should technically still be clean from cleansing the night before. The only issue is that the regimen requires you to cleanse twice daily.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. I used to mix things up when I was on the regimen and never suffered any implications for it.

Enjoying your trip is the main thing I'd recommend. Forget about acne for a few days :)

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/28/2013 4:00 pm

Definitely. A lot of people say that cleansing your face in the morning isn't necessary due to the fact that your face should technically still be clean from cleansing the night before. The only issue is that the regimen requires you to cleanse twice daily.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. I used to mix things up when I was on the regimen and never suffered any implications for it.

Enjoying your trip is the main thing I'd recommend. Forget about acne for a few days smile.png

Of course! I am trying my best to say confident about myself and try to be stress free.

If i wanted to ask another question, should I start a new thread or post currently here?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/28/2013 4:04 pm

If it's related post here, if not make another. There's no rules regarding making more than one thread, just as long as it's not 500 a day.

smile.png

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/28/2013 4:49 pm

If it's related post here, if not make another. There's no rules regarding making more than one thread, just as long as it's not 500 a day.

smile.png

I am not sure what would be more beneficial. Doing full routine in morning or at night.

Personally I think morning would be the easiest.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/29/2013 5:06 am

Of course doing the routing morning and night would be more beneficial, but how beneficial will it be to you being able to enjoy your trip?

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/29/2013 5:08 pm

I agree with LewisS.

If you are able to complete your full skincare regimen swiftly twice a day, more power to ya. If it's going to make you feel stressed or enjoy your vacation less, then I'd say forget it.

Just remember - stay calm, and don't take any crap from anyone.

Here's the easiest way to do it in my opinion:

Before your trip, if you're using BP in the morning, slowly decrease the amount to where you're only using it at night, that way in the morning you'll only wash your face and moisturize - making it easier to run out the door.

In the morning, wash your face right after you put on your clothes or you were "changing". If you have time dab on some moisturizer. At night, if you can manage this, take a quick shower to wash off all the dirt from the day, wash your face in the shower, get out, dry off, BP, moisturize.

MemberMember
(@phoop007)

Posted : 04/30/2013 7:14 am

I agree with LewisS.

If you are able to complete your full skincare regimen swiftly twice a day, more power to ya. If it's going to make you feel stressed or enjoy your vacation less, then I'd say forget it.

Just remember - stay calm, and don't take any crap from anyone.

Here's the easiest way to do it in my opinion:

Before your trip, if you're using BP in the morning, slowly decrease the amount to where you're only using it at night, that way in the morning you'll only wash your face and moisturize - making it easier to run out the door.

In the morning, wash your face right after you put on your clothes or you were "changing". If you have time dab on some moisturizer. At night, if you can manage this, take a quick shower to wash off all the dirt from the day, wash your face in the shower, get out, dry off, BP, moisturize.

I really like that idea! I leave in 2 days and my face looks great right now, which worries me because my breakouts come and go. I hope I dont breakout while doing

this temporary alternative!