Notifications
Clear all

A Treatment That Worked For Me And May Work For Others!

MemberMember
(@zactheartist)

Posted : 04/18/2013 3:54 pm

Hi there,

So I've been acne free for about the past 4 months, with the occasional pimple. For a while when my acne was bad, I had visited this site and always sought advice or information on how to curb my issue. I figure it's important to reciprocate what has been helpful to me, and may benefit others and their situation! I'm a 17 year old dude, and was on an antibiotic called Solodyn for a few months. It showed great improvements for me, but I didn't want to become reliant on the drug. I discovered a supplement at my local Vitamin shop (I live in Manhattan) called the Active Health Teen Multivitamin: Potent Skin Clearing Action. I weened off of Solodyn over the course of a month and took one of the multivitamins in the morning and one at night. It's been almost 3 months of not taking a Solodyn antibiotic (one of my major fears is that acne would reoccur by not being on the antibiotic) and I still take the multivitamins. Also included in my regimen is my Clarisonic Mia twice a day and after I apply differin. Differin has been helpful for the tinier acne and bringing it out from under the surface.

Here is a link to the multivitamin (you can find them cheaper on Amazon or ebay)

[removed]

I hope this will be helpful to some of you and really hope it becomes a solution to your issue! Checkout the multivitamins, it's worth a shot!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/18/2013 6:11 pm

Interesting how much molybdenum it has. Wonder why. you only need a trace, but without it, all kinds of things don't happen. At least one alternative or integrative doctor big on issues like estrogen dominance, and thyroid and adrenal issues considers a deficiency in this to be a huge source of the problems we have today.

Disappointing how little C and D it has.

MemberMember
(@marveangel)

Posted : 04/19/2013 4:50 pm

rushing to get medications might actually do you more harm than good,you have to first understand some few things about acne especiallt with regards to treating it.acne has various lesion,each lesion is unique,thus appliying same method or treatment for different lesions will not clear your,NO! it might even do more harm to your face or body. so understaaand with it is you are dealing with before you rush off to get treatment.

aanabill liked
MemberMember
(@giselle1)

Posted : 04/15/2015 11:23 am

:)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/15/2015 11:51 pm

If

The new recommended daily allowance (RDA) for vitamin D is 600 IU for 1-70 years of age. For vitamin A, it's better to stay closer to 5000 IU daily. Since it's a fat soluble vitamin too much can be toxic.

You can always lower the serving size. If the vitamin A comes from beta carotene that is not a big issue.

MemberMember
(@arul)

Posted : 04/16/2015 12:58 pm

Its got a large dose of probiotics and Vitamin A. Thats why its good! 2 of the best supplements for Skin stabilization and gut health

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/10/2016 8:22 am

Bump. One of the best multivitamin for acne out there. Also look into this once a day serum from glossier.

https://www.glossier.com/products/super-pure