Notifications
Clear all

Need A Oil Free Moisturizer W/out Silicone

MemberMember
(@lalovelyj)

Posted : 04/18/2013 3:14 pm

I desperately need to hydrate my oily/dehydrated skin, but majority of moisturizers cause clogged pores.

The issue is oils and silicones (omg they are in everything now!!)..dimethicone, cycomethicone,trimethicone..I CAN'T USE THESE.

Oh and my skin is sensitive to fragrance, dyes, scents. Massively.

I need a oil free, silicone, beeswax, waxes, shea butter, cocoa butter,Salicylic acid free moisturizer with and without spf.

A Few Products/Brands I have tried and do not work for me

Neutragena(everything over the counter)

Cetaphil

Cerave

Purpose

Aveeno

Clear and Clear

Olay

Garnier

Murad

Proactiv

Rx for brown skin

control corrective

MUAC

Mario Badescu

Lavender/Essential oils

MemberMember
(@floppedpaws)

Posted : 06/25/2014 1:51 am

Hi. Have you ever found a moisturizer that's silicone-free without shea butter etc?

MemberMember
(@trina6241)

Posted : 06/29/2014 6:40 pm

Honey!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/30/2014 2:48 pm

eesh. No clue. Have you looked into Paula's Choice?

MemberMember
(@tashaunacarter)

Posted : 07/03/2014 5:55 pm

For dry skin, this is a god send. It's Obagi Hydrate moisturizer...as far as I know it contains no oils but it's the ONLY thing that keeps my skin moisturized all day. Will warn you though it's quite spendy, $30 a bottle.

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 07/06/2014 8:05 pm

Have you tried using a sodium PCA spray? You can get one on amazon. NaPCA is a humectant and the spray formulations I've seen usually don't have silicones.

MemberMember
(@lioness101)

Posted : 07/06/2014 9:25 pm

Clinique gel moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/07/2014 12:30 am

Look at 100% Pure's line to see if they have an oil-free moisturizer. All of their stuff is silicone free, at least.

If that fails, you can just use straight hyaluronic acid or glycerin as a humectant. My grandmother used to moisturize her face with pure glycerin and water. Pure aloe vera juice might be another option.