Notifications
Clear all

Ain't Plastic Surgeon Supposed To Do His Job And Do What You Tell Him To?

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/17/2013 5:26 pm

I mean I think my country has the worst doctors ever, can't believe I live in EU (European Union) country!

All the surgeons I have been to said they won't cut my scars out (too much job), but I'm the client I'm the one paying for their job right? so why the fuck they those lazy fucks won't do their jobs and do what I'm paying them to do? It's just insane I feel like I'm living in fucking Jungle...

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/17/2013 9:04 pm

Just take the iodine with dmso or single iodine and do the fucking job on your own.

Iodine dissolves raise tissue.Take care.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/18/2013 11:52 am

I'm not looking for miracle what I want is to cut them out. I'm not afraid of surgery scars, I'm afraid of pimple like scars which are disgusting.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/18/2013 12:48 pm

Its not miracle.Its true.Its there.You take it and use it for your purpose.

No cut or additional damage.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/18/2013 1:12 pm

As I said amigo, I have 30+ scars how does this sound? lol. Do you have any idea how much years this going to take? my scars are tough and they won't give up unless you treat them with drastic methods.

Let's not get this personal panos hifive.gif I appreciate your help but please let's not talk about this anymore nod.gif

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 04/18/2013 1:26 pm

Call around to other surgeons. They probably don't want to treat you because there is a high chance of recurrence, so getting them cut out is not the only thing you have to do. You will likely have to have surgery, then radiation therapy and wear tape for months to make sure they dont come back. They probably don't think you will follow through and then be angry when they come back.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/18/2013 3:07 pm

Its a long way to healing.

You also build a character by following this way.

Your choice.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/18/2013 4:23 pm

Call around to other surgeons. They probably don't want to treat you because there is a high chance of recurrence, so getting them cut out is not the only thing you have to do. You will likely have to have surgery, then radiation therapy and wear tape for months to make sure they dont come back. They probably don't think you will follow through and then be angry when they come back.

Well you're right and wrong, I don't blame you for being wrong even some doctors can't distinguish the difference between KELOID and HYPERTROPHIC scars.

However, I have hypertrophic scars those KELOID "brothers" which do NOT return.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 04/18/2013 4:37 pm

I have a hypertrophic scar and it has been shot with steroids three times and has recurred every time. (Even after completely atrophying)

Hypertrophic scars are just as hard to treat, they just don't grow.

Well you're right and wrong, I don't blame you for being wrong even some doctors can't distinguish the difference between KELOID and HYPERTROPHIC scars.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/18/2013 7:41 pm

I have a hypertrophic scar and it has been shot with steroids three times and has recurred every time. (Even after completely atrophying)

Try iodine lugol's which dissolves the raised tissue.Much better ,cost efficient and safer.

MemberMember
(@zaak27)

Posted : 04/18/2013 8:59 pm

panos how do you use iodine lugol ?

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:26 pm

4th big post.there is everything you want to know.

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/510

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/19/2013 6:04 am

That's because steroid injections suck, what you need is scar revision it's the best way and even if it returns again as HYPERTROPHIC scar (which I doubt) it will be much easier to treat.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/19/2013 9:46 am

4th big post.there is everything you want to know.

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/510

Hmm, that was an interesting read. I may consider Lugol's iodine on a couple of those white goosebump-looking body scars. Shame that I only have a few and they're in the same fairly visible place, so I don't particularly like the idea of it looking ugly for a while (or in the worst-case scenario, somehow turning worse in case something goes wrong).

I have to say, the whole regeneration process of what iodine is supposed to do to your skin sounds a lot like something that could contribute to cancer formation (I just had an exam about cancer, which might be why everything reminds me of it, heh). I definitely would NOT recommend using topical iodine on any moles or other mole-like growths for that reason! And it would be good to avoid sun exposure on the treated area for a long while afterwards.

Also, it's good to keep in mind that topical iodine will be absorbed. If you're using a lot of iodine, it could have systemic effects, e.g. cause iodine-induced acne, or even stop normal thyroid function (in very severe iodine overconsumption, leading to hypothyroidism). So keep an eye out for these and if you notice any symptoms after using strong topical iodine (especially on large skin areas), then discontinue use for a while, and go to a doctor if necessary.

It didn't sound like you could completely remove hypertrophic or keloid scars with this method, though, but possibly make them look better and smaller.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/19/2013 9:55 am

Wrong austra.Iodine can completely remove raised tissue.I iwll post the pics till all the scub falls.The corners of the scar,have become totally normal!

I am just waiting for the scub to fall at the center(maybe it will need one more treatment at the center).

Iodine is essential for thyroid function.The symtpoms everybody are preaching about,is the first days of detoxing toxic bromide.

Iodine reserves fibrocystic breast disease.Check curezone iodine group if you dont believe me.

Iodine is essential in our body cells.And if we had adequate amounts back then,we would scar less or not at all.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:20 am

Gr8! now panos has become iodine advertiser lol, one thing that will kill you using lugol's iodine is TIME. Why? because either you'll be unsuccessful at first attempt and you'll most likely give up...

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:25 am

Well, I don't know if it can remove scar tissue completely or not. I got the impression that it couldn't from the long post you linked to, where that person said he got his big hypertrophic scar reduced to a much nicer-looking scar (that still remained there, however). But please prove me wrong. smile.png

I agree that iodine is essential for thyroid and iodine deficiency can indeed cause goiter and hypothyroidism. Usually additional iodine intake boosts thyroid if anything. However, large quantities (very large) of iodine can actually suppress thyroid function. Very large quantities of iodine have been used to block the secretion of thyroid hormones in hyperthyroid patients, though it's not a commonly used treatment method.

Regarding this treatment's safety, there are a couple of things one should take into account. There's an older iodine thread on the forum from 2009, which I'm just starting to read now. This is what someone (who seemed medically trained, but don't know) said on

I fear that most of you are not equipped with the knowledge and/or skills to properly use iodine. While I know of more than a few doctors, including Derry, who recommend it for small fibrous scars, the suggestion is always to use very small quantities on relatively small surface areas. Remember, even those elements naturally found in your body can be dangerous in large doses! For example, a few tenths of a gram of iodine in your blood can cause temporary problems with your thyroid. Go a little further than that and you could get iodine poisoning.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:31 am

'' Cutaneous absorption may be significant and result in

systemic symptoms and death''

LOL.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:35 am

Sounds like placebo effect at it's finest :D

Btw austra, I'm referring to panos.

hypotrophic and hypertrophic are very different. It's nothing compared to hypertrophic scars.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:37 am

LOL.

If you were having daily Lugol baths, I don't see why not.

I'm sorry DamnLife, I realized this thread got completely sidetracked thanks to me. I do personally think you should try to find another plastic surgeon who is willing to remove your hypertrophic scar (you have tried silicone sheets to no avail already, I assume?). Where is this scar, is it on your face or your body?

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:41 am

Why would you do daily lugol's baths.

Why would you do daily vinegar baths,which will result in burns.

Its pure propaganda.What we live today is simply a iodine deficiency and daily absoption

of toxic pollutants.

And the post is relevant to damnlife thread.Iodine dissolves raised tissue.What else does he need?

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:42 am

LOL.

If you were having daily Lugol baths, I don't see why not.

I'm sorry DamnLife, I realized this thread got completely sidetracked thanks to me. I do personally think you should try to find another plastic surgeon who is willing to remove your hypertrophic scar (you have tried silicone sheets to no avail already, I assume?). Where is this scar, is it on your face or your body?

Allright...

Let's get graphical!

WARNING! dot.gif distusting pics:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327217-im-damaged-for-life/

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:53 am

you will dissolve the tissue with iodine. I will post the pics shortly.But first the scub has to fall.And maybe it will need one more treatment for the center of the scar.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/19/2013 11:05 am

Why would you do daily lugol's baths.

Why would you do daily vinegar baths,which will result in burns.

Its pure propaganda.What we live today is simply a iodine deficiency and daily absoption

of toxic pollutants.

And the post is relevant to damnlife thread.Iodine dissolves raised tissue.What else does he need?

It was a joke. I didn't think anyone would actually do it. I only meant to say that normal uses of topical iodine could hardly cause such a severe toxicity that would lead to death, but something along the lines of daily bathing in iodine might.

Let's get graphical!

Allright...

WARNING! dot.gif distusting pics:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327217-im-damaged-for-life/

Hmm. Unfortunately surgical excision on the back doesn't usually lead to good results. I've had one mole excised ten years ago where you have your scarring (although definitely not done by a plastic surgeon), and now I have a hypertrophic scar that is at least 3 times the size of the mole and still a bit red. Apparently surgical scars spread and become hypertrophic very often in that area due to the strain on the skin. So I can understand why your plastic surgeon didn't want to do it. I would try silicone sheets (e.g. Cica-care) for a few months as a safe and cheap method which might improve the look of those scars. If that doesn't work, I'd look into lasers. But I don't know much about laser treatments on that kind of scarring, so I can't recommend you anything. You could also try to get another opinion from another plastic surgeon, but be prepared that they might say it's not worth it.

The redness does fade with time and the scarring will look less noticeable after a few years, if that's any consolation.

And well, you could try this lugol iodine on one scar and see how it goes, but I can't really comment on how good a treatment it is, as I've no idea.

I hope I don't seem dismissive, but I don't think your scarring is such a big issue or something you should concern yourself too much with. It's not on your face, and it doesn't affect your looks that much in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/19/2013 1:20 pm

austra...

I'm not looking for option to get rid of them. What I want is to change their shape, so they don't look like acne, as I said surgical scars don't bother me.