Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks Aren't Fading!

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 04/16/2013 6:14 pm

Hi everyone.

I am on my 10th week of the Regimen. But my acne marks (or at least I think that is what they are) still haven't faded!

It says in the expected results section that from week 5 onwards the marks should fade.

Why hasn't this happened yet? Is there anything I can do? Because this is the reason I started the Regimen in the first place!

I will attach a photo of them so you can confirm that they are marks.

Thanks everyone! wink.png

post-199858-0-52122500-1366153947_thumb.

post-199858-0-68872400-1366153958_thumb.

post-199858-0-81450400-1366153985_thumb.

post-199858-0-52122500-1366153947_thumb.

post-199858-0-68872400-1366153958_thumb.

post-199858-0-81450400-1366153985_thumb.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/16/2013 6:23 pm

You need to use the AHA or a retinoid to fade those marks! Also, apply sunscreen during the day.

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 04/16/2013 8:43 pm

Hmmm... Deep in thought ;)

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 04/16/2013 8:58 pm

Red marks take a year at most to completely fade.

In rare times even more than 12 months.

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 04/17/2013 1:06 am

You need to use the AHA or a retinoid to fade those marks! Also, apply sunscreen during the day.

Hmmm. Thanks smile.png

I don't really want to buy AHA from acne.org as it is costing too much with shipping.

Just had a look at some reviews. Do Bio-Oil or Emu Oil work?

Red marks take a year at most to completely fade.

In rare times even more than 12 months.

Yeah :/

But I can't wait that long. They look bad which is why I started the Regimen in the first place.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/17/2013 1:17 am

Following the Regimen will help clear active acne and prevent future breakouts, but it does nothing for existing red marks. All it will do is prevent you getting new marks because you won't have new acne to cause them.

Like the above two posters have said, both AHA and time will help to fade red marks. You don't have to buy AHA from Acne.org, you can find products that have AHAs in them.

If you don't have (or ever get) acne breakouts, then you don't really need to be following the Regimen, you should follow an alternate regimen that addresses the hyper-pigmentation marks that you have.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 04/17/2013 5:56 am

Following the Regimen will help clear active acne and prevent future breakouts, but it does nothing for existing red marks. All it will do is prevent you getting new marks because you won't have new acne to cause them.

Like the above two posters have said, both AHA and time will help to fade red marks. You don't have to buy AHA from Acne.org, you can find products that have AHAs in them.

If you don't have (or ever get) acne breakouts, then you don't really need to be following the Regimen, you should follow an alternate regimen that addresses the hyper-pigmentation marks that you have.

Good luck! smile.png

Thanks for the reply.

I still don't understand why they say that red marks begin to fade then :/

I did some research about AHA and found acne.org is the best place anyway. So I might just buy it. I also bought some emu oil from a pharmacy which is supposed to help. How should I incorporate the AHA into the Regimen?

I did still get breakouts which is why I got on the Regimen in the first place. So I still think its helping. But the marks are what makes my face look bad. So I want them gone ;)

Thanks! :D

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/17/2013 9:08 am

Hey... cosign with AyeAye... AHA is the best at fading hyperpigmentation while on the regimen... I find that using the same amount of moisturizer then adding a few drops of AHA during the initial stages of usage is the best way to incorporate AHA into the regimen. As with BP, you can gradually increase the amount of AHA you use over time, but be sure to take it slow and don't rush into it... As with the regimen, fading red marks takes time and patience... Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress! :)

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 04/17/2013 4:19 pm

Hey... cosign with AyeAye... AHA is the best at fading hyperpigmentation while on the regimen... I find that using the same amount of moisturizer then adding a few drops of AHA during the initial stages of usage is the best way to incorporate AHA into the regimen. As with BP, you can gradually increase the amount of AHA you use over time, but be sure to take it slow and don't rush into it... As with the regimen, fading red marks takes time and patience... Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress! :)

Thanks so much! Yeah it said on the site to either do 1/2 1/2 with moisturiser or use it full a few times a week.

I'm using Cetaphil moisturiser. Anyone know if that's stuffing up the regimen?

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/19/2013 9:02 am

Hey... cosign with AyeAye... AHA is the best at fading hyperpigmentation while on the regimen... I find that using the same amount of moisturizer then adding a few drops of AHA during the initial stages of usage is the best way to incorporate AHA into the regimen. As with BP, you can gradually increase the amount of AHA you use over time, but be sure to take it slow and don't rush into it... As with the regimen, fading red marks takes time and patience... Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress! smile.png

Thanks so much! Yeah it said on the site to either do 1/2 1/2 with moisturiser or use it full a few times a week.

No, using Cetaphil shouldn't effect the regimen, however it can cause some clogged pores in some users. Have you tried ordering Dan's moisturizer? I usually use Cetaphil when I'm extra dry (winter months) because Dan's may not moisturize well enough on those dry dry dry days but I much prefer Dan's because the consistency is perfect and Cetaphil can clog my pores when I use it too much. Nothing crazy, just.. annoying... However, from personal experience, don't use 1/2 and 1/2 formulation of AHA and moisturizer just yet. Work your way to that amount slowly, then eventually full AHA. You don't want to regress because of applying too much AHA. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 04/21/2013 4:13 am

Hey... cosign with AyeAye... AHA is the best at fading hyperpigmentation while on the regimen... I find that using the same amount of moisturizer then adding a few drops of AHA during the initial stages of usage is the best way to incorporate AHA into the regimen. As with BP, you can gradually increase the amount of AHA you use over time, but be sure to take it slow and don't rush into it... As with the regimen, fading red marks takes time and patience... Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress! smile.png

No, using Cetaphil shouldn't effect the regimen, however it can cause some clogged pores in some users. Have you tried ordering Dan's moisturizer? I usually use Cetaphil when I'm extra dry (winter months) because Dan's may not moisturize well enough on those dry dry dry days but I much prefer Dan's because the consistency is perfect and Cetaphil can clog my pores when I use it too much. Nothing crazy, just.. annoying... However, from personal experience, don't use 1/2 and 1/2 formulation of AHA and moisturizer just yet. Work your way to that amount slowly, then eventually full AHA. You don't want to regress because of applying too much AHA. Good luck! :)

Thanks!! What does everyone mean when they say clog pores? What does that mean and how do you know?

I was going to buy acne.org moisturiser, but it's too expensive compared to cetaphil. It would be about triple the cost. And I thought cetaphil would be fine.

So are you saying to use like more moisturiser and a bit of aha? Every night?

What about putting full aha on a couple of nights?

Thanks! ;)

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 05/03/2013 8:17 pm

Hey everyone

I got my AHA a few days ago. I have been using it 1/2 and 1/2 with Cetaphil moisturising lotion. I haven't noticed any changes yet. But hopefully soon.

How long would it normally take?

MemberMember
(@alaskanborn88)

Posted : 05/08/2013 7:56 am

I've got similar marks and it's been around 6-8 months since I start using the Regimen and they haven't faded one bit, although that's probably because the Regimen hasn't been very effective for me.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 05/08/2013 8:36 am

Time is definitely the best healer IMO.

It can take months, but slowly, day by day, your skin will heal and the red marks will fade.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/08/2013 8:13 pm

Not sure if this is just in my case, but I have noticed that spot treating your red marks with AHA BEFORE putting on the BP during your AM and PM routine has made a significant difference in fading my red marks. Once my face is dry, I apply just enough to cover the red spot and then I let it dry before applying the BP.

MemberMember
(@adavilla)

Posted : 05/08/2013 8:36 pm

i wish i could figure it out too!! Those redmarks seem to be the last thing to go. Good Luck with yours!! Keep Trying!

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/08/2013 8:43 pm

Good luck bro.I just order my aha as well to fade mark.Give us your update when u using aha

MemberMember
(@danny412)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:29 am

Hi,

i'm rarely getting new breakouts, but I've alot of red marks, Could anyone recommend any good AHA + moisturizer that is available in UK? (From what I've read I need to mix moisturizer with AHA, right?)

I'd be grateful.

MemberMember
(@marsbars06)

Posted : 06/26/2013 2:17 am

Hi guys!

I have now been 7 weeks on AHA. I have used 1 full pump every night. I have noticed some slight fading but nothing too dramatic. A bit disappointed but it takes time I guess.

Acne wise I am totally clear. So happy with that. Have now reduced my BP to one pump. Thanks @nicmic62, I might try putting on a full pump of AHA after a shower and before BP.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for your replies! I'll keep you posted :)