Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne Please Help Me!

MemberMember
(@kiki06)

Posted : 04/16/2013 5:42 pm

Im sure some of you break out when its time of the month and the acne stays for weeks and doesnt go away or your left with red/purple scars what is the best method to prvent this from happening? I have no clue what moisturizer is best or body wash is good for bacne and any acne creams I tried everything from dermatologist products to tamanu oil, lemon juice, turmeric powder, w.e it is that u,guys all have tried once in your life I just want one type of regimen to stick with that would work I had clear skin once lol now its just moderate mild with scars being my main problem

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/18/2013 11:35 am

Well, I suggest you try no body washes. Get a shower filter to remove the chlorine which harms the dermal barrier and other skin functions. After bathing with water only, apply an ACV toner with a small amount of ACV dilluted with brewed green tea.

Moisturize with a quality, properly bottled and stored to prevent oxidation, linoleic acid source like grapeseed oil. Apply to wet skin or with wet fingers to apply lightly. Or get a little jar and mix a little oil into aloe vera gel. You can also add topical things like turmeric. Or niacinimade from a supplement capsule. Or green tea. This is what I do for my face with the green tea and niacinimide. I haven't tried turmeric.

Every now and then, apply a yogurt mask, which also helps restore the dermal barrier.

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/21/2013 5:22 am

Start to track your cycle. Their is a natural rise and fall of progesterone, and estrogen during your cycles. When your estrogen, and especially progesterone are at a peak, usually during ovulation your body is much stronger, because your adrenals don't have to take up the extra slack of producing sex hormones. Then these hormones naturally fall, and are extremely low around day 21. It is here, that it would behoove you to take the extra necessary supplements to support your endocrine system, as well as rest, and get extra sleep. You'll find that the breakouts are much less if you do this.