Notifications
Clear all

After Watching This Video I Was Humbled

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 04/16/2013 12:19 am

I will never complain about my acne ever again after seeing this. My God! now this is cystic acne! - what I have is just small potatoes compared to this. I don't know how this poor girl could cope quite frankly, I'd lose my mind if my skin looked like this.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/16/2013 1:24 am

I don't know how I would cope if my acne were as severe as that either. She gets really good redness coverage by doing that foundation routine! I might have to look into the products she used. She is really brave to show her skin and put her routine on youtube - and I'm thankful she has because it helps me and I'm sure it would help a lot of other people :) (I'm not brave enough to do that yet....)

I think her acne is more than cystic though - she mentions in the comments acne conglobata which looks like what she has. She also mentions being on accutane - I hope that works well for her!! :) Good luck to her

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/16/2013 7:02 am

What a brave girl! Watching her was great. I think she was a little too rough though putting on her make up at the start, hopefully her acne improves.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 04/16/2013 7:31 am

I don't know how I would cope if my acne were as severe as that either. She gets really good redness coverage by doing that foundation routine! I might have to look into the products she used. She is really brave to show her skin and put her routine on youtube - and I'm thankful she has because it helps me and I'm sure it would help a lot of other people smile.png (I'm not brave enough to do that yet....)

I think her acne is more than cystic though - she mentions in the comments acne conglobata which looks like what she has. She also mentions being on accutane - I hope that works well for her!! smile.png Good luck to her

Yes... way more severe than the standard type of "cystic acne" you see posted on Acne.org in pictures on the forums. Sigh, yes it looks like Acne Conglobata.. what a shame.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 04/16/2013 1:23 pm

There are people going through this here as well. It's so devastating and the scars it leaves are worse than you could ever imagine.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 04/16/2013 1:32 pm

I'm not going through this myself but I know that people that are going through this, are also some of the bravest people around and will have strength unknown to common men, albeit not by their choice.

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 04/16/2013 1:37 pm

Poor girl's skin, she covers it so well though. And what a pretty girl she is! Shame she's going through that :(

MemberMember
(@looking2thefuture)

Posted : 04/16/2013 5:19 pm

Poor girl id give her a hug she has lovely eyes hope her skin clears up i feel like a dick now being obessed with my mild acne! goes to show no matter how hard it is theres always someone worse off than u. Thats said weshouldnt belittle our concerns its about making ourselves feel good about ourselves!. keep the good fight goingmy freinds one day well get there.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/16/2013 6:29 pm

Thanks for sharing. I will be bookmarking this video and every time i feel down about my skin, i will use it as a reminder that people worse off manage to live their lives and so should i.

MemberMember
(@crispyduck)

Posted : 07/05/2013 7:53 pm

i fkin hate acne. i wish no one had to go through this shit.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/05/2013 9:02 pm

I've seen all her videos. She got a lot better after Accutane.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/05/2013 9:45 pm

I've seen this video before as well, I think she mentioned that it was the BCP she was on that made her skin look like that. She does look better now!

But she's such a brave girl. She's stated before that she doesn't let her acne affect her life. If you look at her Instagram you can see that since she posts pictures everyday.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/06/2013 11:49 am

i fkin hate acne. i wish no one had to go through this shit.

This.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/06/2013 12:08 pm

I've seen this video before as well, I think she mentioned that it was the BCP she was on that made her skin look like that. She does look better now!

But she's such a brave girl. She's stated before that she doesn't let her acne affect her life. If you look at her Instagram you can see that since she posts pictures everyday.

Yep, mine began after using BCP too and never got better. I'll probably have to be medicated the rest of my life because of what BCP did to me. I'm not happy this happened to anyone else, but I'm glad there are other people putting the message out there to warn girls that BCP pills can have some scary side effects that may not reverse. I would always recommend people not to use BCP.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/06/2013 3:47 pm

Yep, mine began after using BCP too and never got better. I'll probably have to be medicated the rest of my life because of what BCP did to me. I'm not happy this happened to anyone else, but I'm glad there are other people putting the message out there to warn girls that BCP pills can have some scary side effects that may not reverse. I would always recommend people not to use BCP.

This is one of the reasons I've always been scared to go on BCP. I went on it once but did not take it correctly which led to one of the worst breakouts of my life. Now I'm wary to ever go on it again.

Out of curiosity, which one did you go on? If you don't mind me asking.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 07/06/2013 6:55 pm

I've been following that girl's videos for awhile too. She is so brave and she has a great sense of humor too!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 07/06/2013 7:03 pm

She is pretty clear now just the redness that will fade with time.

Ries liked
(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/07/2013 7:41 am

I've watched all her videos and I'm so happy that she's clearer now. Nobody should have to go through that and it makes me feel awful that I complain about mere pustules...

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 07/07/2013 11:15 pm

No that's not what happened. She was prescribed both two types of birth control and Accutane at the *same time* - which intensified the inital breakout. She already had cystic acne before this. Also, she said in the comment section that her brother suffers from Acne conglobata and she inherited the same genetic predisposition towards it as well.

Acne conglobata is very, very rare don't forget and there's almost always a faulty gene behind it. Her situattion isn't typical by any means in terms of her reaction to the BCP and Accutane.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:51 am

Well, my acne was quite as bad as hers, but maybe half that bad at least and I never had a cystic pimple in my life until the day I began birth control.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 07/09/2013 10:35 am

I've actually seen her in person before where I work (she's Canadian!) and her acne has definitely improved heaps. She's a really nice girl and she definitely puts a lot of things in perspective! Does anybody follow diamondsandheels14 on YT too??

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 07/09/2013 1:53 pm

Even when I had cystic acne in my teens and twenties, I never had anything as bad as that poor girl. She is so brave and I almost feel ashamed that I get stressed about breakouts that are trivial and nothing by comparison.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 07/09/2013 10:31 pm

I've actually seen her in person before where I work (she's Canadian!) and her acne has definitely improved heaps. She's a really nice girl and she definitely puts a lot of things in perspective! Does anybody follow diamondsandheels14 on YT too??

lol Nice girl? I like her, but she seems sort of aggressive in her personality (a type-A kind of female). She really goes off on people in her videos and in the comment section lol. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side in real life.

And Diamondsandheels14 (Cassandra) is the fakest b*tch on youtube and spoiled as they come.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 07/09/2013 11:56 pm

lol Nice girl? I like her, but she seems sort of aggressive in her personality (a type-A kind of female). She really goes off on people in her videos and in the comment section lol. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side in real life.

And Diamondsandheels14 (Cassandra) is the fakest b*tch on youtube and spoiled as they come.

Well, she may be a little aggressive but I still think she's pretty nice all things considered. Her aggressiveness is kind of funny to me haha.

What's so fake about Cassandra?? I don't really follow her closely but she doesn't seem mean (or even aggressive)??