Notifications
Clear all

Benzac Ac 2.5% Vs 5% Vs 10%

MemberMember
(@aditya211935)

Posted : 04/15/2013 9:34 am

Hello Everyone...!!

I am a 16 year old male teen and I had a somewhat mild to moderate acne breakouts on just my nose and some ares of forehead for a couple of months actually. But now(about a week) I have started getting breakouts over the forehead, and both sides of my cheek. They don't seem to be harsh because they are not perfectly red and glowy, but seem to be a little pale red in color actually and like you can say slightly raised up above my skin. I have got anywhere between 10-12 of those if you count. I didn't wanted them to develop into cumbersome red peepy giants so I am considering to buy benzoyl perioxide product specifically Benzac AC 5% but my local drug store contains only the 2.5% variant. I think I could get the 5% product if I searched but would take time and effort grinwink.gif . I don't know what my skin type is but I don't think its sensitive and is oily on just the nose, anyways I think its between normal to dry.

So should just go away with the 2.5% or search for the 5%.

I really want to get rid of those as quickly as possible so please suggest a plausible methods and wish me luckeusa_pray.gif

BTW I have seen quite a lot number of people ranting about the price of Benzac AC being too high but in my area I could get a 20g tube for as low as $1.5-$2.cool.png

MemberMember
(@ask24)

Posted : 04/15/2013 7:23 pm

you might want to test out the 2.5% to see if you're sensitive. 5% is pretty strong, remember that its a peroxide thus a bleaching agent, and you can get pigmentation. So if you do use the 5%, it will oxidize the pimple faster, but it might also bleach your skin the process, depending on how fair your skin is. Honestly from experience I try to stay away from these products, cause they made my skin pink ... I use something more organic.. take a vitamin E gel capsule mix it with oilive oil or jojoba oil, then it dries up the pimples fast, this way i don't have to sacrifice the moisture barrier of my skin using benzoyl peroxide.

MemberMember
(@aditya211935)

Posted : 04/15/2013 11:18 pm

you might want to test out the 2.5% to see if you're sensitive. 5% is pretty strong, remember that its a peroxide thus a bleaching agent, and you can get pigmentation. So if you do use the 5%, it will oxidize the pimple faster, but it might also bleach your skin the process, depending on how fair your skin is. Honestly from experience I try to stay away from these products, cause they made my skin pink ... I use something more organic.. take a vitamin E gel capsule mix it with oilive oil or jojoba oil, then it dries up the pimples fast, this way i don't have to sacrifice the moisture barrier of my skin using benzoyl peroxide.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I got the 2.5% and have used it 2 times all over my acne. As people over the internet complained and ranted about itchiness and redness, but as far as I m concerned I didnt get those symptoms. Yeah, I felt my skin a little dry but I think that's the way my skin was before the application. I think I wouldnt

try organic products because-
1.They seem to be far more difficult to get as I dont know where to get them in my area.(I got the Benzac AC easily from my local medical store).
2.Honestly, I am a male and I think it would seem awkward for me to go searching around for organic beauty products over the city.
3.As you said above, with organic products you have to do mixing and all that stuff, they seem cumbersome to make and apply. With the chemical products like Benzac AC you just have to pop the tube and just apply.
And oh right I forgot to tell you my skin tone is fair. Like really fairer than others here in India.
Anyways thanks for your help, if you've anything you could tell me that would be beneficial then you can please tell.
MemberMember
(@ask24)

Posted : 04/16/2013 1:29 pm

Thanks for your suggestion.

I got the 2.5% and have used it 2 times all over my acne. As people over the internet complained and ranted about itchiness and redness, but as far as I m concerned I didnt get those symptoms. Yeah, I felt my skin a little dry but I think that's the way my skin was before the application. I think I wouldnt

try organic products because-
1.They seem to be far more difficult to get as I dont know where to get them in my area.(I got the Benzac AC easily from my local medical store).
2.Honestly, I am a male and I think it would seem awkward for me to go searching around for organic beauty products over the city.
3.As you said above, with organic products you have to do mixing and all that stuff, they seem cumbersome to make and apply. With the chemical products like Benzac AC you just have to pop the tube and just apply.
And oh right I forgot to tell you my skin tone is fair. Like really fairer than others here in India.
Anyways thanks for your help, if you've anything you could tell me that would be beneficial then you can please tell.

No problem. If you feel its not strong enough you can go for 5%, just spot it on a certain area, and if you have no reaction then you're fine. Having a good moisturizer is important, especially with acne, because you dont want to strip the natural oils from the skin. As for "organic" beauty products, ... lol its not a beauty product, if you go to the same area where they sell vitamins, look for vitamin E, its a gel capsule, which you can open up and put on your face. You will be doing some mixing but I think the results are worth it. Since you're from india, try taking large amounts of neem, if you know the taste its soo bitter, eat each morning and night, this will prevent future breakouts.