Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin E And Sebum

MemberMember
(@redsfan14)

Posted : 04/14/2013 8:47 pm

I've been doing some research and found a possibly interesting correlation.

Studies show that sebum helps transfer vitamin E to the surface of the skin. Therefore, could low levels of vitamin E possibly cause the body to secrete more sebum in an effort to get more vitamin E to the skin surface?

What do you all think?

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 04/21/2013 3:20 am

Ive been learning a lot about vitamin e lately. The names of the natural and synthetic forms regarding topical products mostly. I was irritated to learn that i accidentally bought synthetic vitamin e oil and had been using for about two weeks. From the vitamin section no less!

I havent heard of this, but i wouldnt brush it off. Ive been watching all the food documentaries on netflix lately, and its definitely true that any vitamin deficiency will affect something. It must not affect everyone in the same way though. I eat lots of spinach, broccoli, oils, nuts....and my skin is oily as hell. But it does make me wonder, even if you do consume vitamin e rich food, does everyones body process it the same?

I eat iron rich foods as well, and i am anemic. I dont know what my body is doing with the iron i eat!

Def going to google this some more!