Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane For A Female?

MemberMember
(@supernatural)

Posted : 04/14/2013 2:08 pm

About 4 days ago I went to the dermatologist and he recommended I start accutane.. So I took a pregnancy test and it was of course negative, I am not sexually active! They asked what 2 forums of birth control I'm on and I said none...and she said we'll put abstinence as one of them then. And that was basically it. They told me you can't get pregnant and gave me the iPledge papers.. and i scheduled an appointment in a month to take another pregnancy test. I'm a bit confused because people on here said that you have to be on birth control a month before you can start taking accutane. My derm and the people at the derm office didn't go into much detail so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, do I have to find a doctor to get birth control now? Also I didn't get my iPledge password, will that be sent to me in the mail? I don't know because my dad filled out the papers lol. I'm 15 btw if that matters. I just don't want to have to go in and take another pregnancy test to find out I have to be on birth control and wait ANOTHER month :( ! Can someone just like explain to me, thank you xx

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/14/2013 6:00 pm

It is normal not to go on birth control. I never used birth control during any of my 3 courses. Yuo just need to make sure that you remain NOT sexually active as accutane is detremental to babies.

As for i pledge, there should be a number on your card that you can call to get a password.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@vivigirl)

Posted : 04/14/2013 10:11 pm

You should receive a letter containing your iPledge information = ) It takes a little while but you'll get it.

About 4 days ago I went to the dermatologist and he recommended I start accutane.. So I took a pregnancy test and it was of course negative, I am not sexually active! They asked what 2 forums of birth control I'm on and I said none...and she said we'll put abstinence as one of them then. And that was basically it. They told me you can't get pregnant and gave me the iPledge papers.. and i scheduled an appointment in a month to take another pregnancy test. I'm a bit confused because people on here said that you have to be on birth control a month before you can start taking accutane. My derm and the people at the derm office didn't go into much detail so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, do I have to find a doctor to get birth control now? Also I didn't get my iPledge password, will that be sent to me in the mail? I don't know because my dad filled out the papers lol. I'm 15 btw if that matters. I just don't want to have to go in and take another pregnancy test to find out I have to be on birth control and wait ANOTHER month sad.png ! Can someone just like explain to me, thank you xx