Notifications
Clear all

Weight Issues!anti-Acne Diet Is Making Me Lose Weight..whereas I Need To Put On Some Weight!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/14/2013 1:10 pm

hey guys!

i've been living a healthy life for abt 2 mnths now(more or less - so i believe) and am better.

i mean to carry on this plan of eating a balanced diet,working out (to maintain myself) and also lead a holistic healthy lifestyle in every aspect.

low sugar,nothing processed,indulgence as low as once or twice a mnth,yoga/pranayama,lemon water,cinnamon green tea,fruits,veggies,egg,fish,whole grains,strict skin care routine..etc

but the issue is i've been eating bad for more than a year(skipping meals,eating very less etc) untill 2 mnths ago.

for personal and psycological reasons.

i've lost a lot of weight.

now i'd like to gain a bit of weight.

but this healthy diet doesnt seem to do any good.

i dnt eat junk or oily and spicy food now.i have wheat and rice in right amount.'i've increased fruit and veggies in my diet.also fish and egg almost regularly consumed.

but i dnt seem to gain any weight.

could u suggest anything that would not spoil my effort but help me gain some weight?2-3 kgs atleast?

would walnuts do any good?

aana

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 04/14/2013 2:10 pm

If you want to gain weight, you should start counting calories to see how much you are eating. For girls, 2500 calories a day might be enough to gain weight.

You should eat some healthy fat since it is so calorie dense. Olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados are supposed to be good fat sources. Some high calorie foods that I eat that are relatively healthy are bananas, potatoes and peanut butter.

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 04/14/2013 4:27 pm

Yep, eat more lol. But yeah same boat, I have to eat a ton of healthy food to gain weight, Im a male about 6ft and I eat at least 3500 cal everyday to try gain.. though my weight pretty much still stays the same. Gotta start liftin heavy weights again. But Id suggest doing less cardio and if your a girl do workout with low weights and do yoga/pilates and that, should get you lookin like a toned babe ;) As mentioned above, fats are a good way for cals, olive/coconut/hemp oil is what I use for fats. Lentils and bananas are good high calorie carbs. Might want to take a digestive enzyme to so your body can adequately break down all the calories and use them instead of them going to waste.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/14/2013 9:41 pm

If you are not allergic to millet or flax seeds, I would recommend incorporating millet & flax seed bread into your diet (the gluten free kind). It has enough calories to make you feel full, and keep your weight stable.

And yes, walnuts are excellent, provided you are not allergic to nuts.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/16/2013 4:00 am

i checked on a site and according to them,if i wanna maintain my height-weight)my present h-w combo) then i should take in 1450-1475cals.

whereas i take about 1350 or so.

i have veggies and fruits.here's my diet

rolleyes.gif

am not too thin.i do have what they call is natural curves but then am not that curvy as well.

actually its family who think i should gain some weight.lol.

indian mums!!

for fashion world whats clear jawline and perfect prominent collar bone is sign of malnutrition for them.=p

i dnt like banana,plus i read somewhere banana isnt good for acne.am not sure.i'll try.

i have dal(lentils) almost everyday..both for lunch and dinner.hifive.gif

i'll try to add home made curd(yoghurt) in my fruit salad.although i've checked for a mnth on and off..i dnt want to take any chances..since i've a holiday this May.

as working out..i dance(everyday) and also do simple stretches,yoga poses and prayanama(breathing exercises) + some meditation...as a part of healthy holistic lifestyle.

i have never really done hardcore exercises.infact i hardly know which ones what!!crazy.gif

i dnt prefer peanuts.i think they give me whiteheads and tiny zits.

but walnuts should be fine.

i'll try to incorporate but do u think they will help much with weight?saywhat.gifeusa_think.gif

aanasurprised.gif

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:49 pm

I think it will. I checked the calories, and a packet of walnuts contains around 800-1000 calories! It's 200 calories per serving, so that should help you put on some weight at least. Just don't eat too many in case you have an intolerance to nuts - start with a small amount. Have you tried miller and flax lavash bread? It's gluten free usually and has a lot of calories. Plus, it tastes great with things like jam or avocado spread. Avocados are also a good option, but don't eat more than 1 a day.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/20/2013 6:26 am

i have whole wheat bread.

i dnt have a gluten free diet.i'll try it sometime but right now i dnt think its a problem.=)

i'll try walnuts.=)

we dnt really get avocados here.its not very common.

i've increased the amount of flat bread(home made roti) that i have a lil'.

i use to have two for dinner..i have half more now.=p

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/21/2013 5:16 am

The easiest, and most neutral way is fat. Plain, and simple. Fat does not release glucagon, nor insulin. From a hormonal standpoint, it is the safest way to gain weight. Ghee, butter, nuts, seeds, animal fat, oils, etc. If you are not effecient at digesting these, then you can take a bile acid supplement, and/or lipase.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/21/2013 8:09 pm

The easiest, and most neutral way is fat. Plain, and simple. Fat does not release glucagon, nor insulin. From a hormonal standpoint, it is the safest way to gain weight. Ghee, butter, nuts, seeds, animal fat, oils, etc. If you are not effecient at digesting these, then you can take a bile acid supplement, and/or lipase.

And Coconut oil. And there are things to do to improve fat metabolism besides the enzymes. I think low level activity like walking. There's some more in the Good Things thread

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/23/2013 11:34 am

u mean ghee,butter etc wont cause me trouble with acne or bumps?

that sounds too good to be true.

=)

what do u think of ev olive oil?

i've heard oily food is bad for skin(acne prone skin ) so i limit my oil intake.

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/21/2013 10:17 pm

Calorie dense foods that could be considered "healthy" include:

• almonds
  • cashews
  • walnuts
  • peanut butter and almond butter
  • quinoa
  • potatoes
  • hummus
  • pita chips